All things Dundee FC

If this goes ahead you would imagine Allan will have had a fair say in it (along with the other parties). I've had a feeling, admittedly with nothing to back this up, that he won't be particularly happy with the way McCann has used him this season and his time on the bench. 

Scott Bain will have won a watch if he gets a move to Celtic on a bit more cash.

10 minutes ago, Dee-funked said:

Would any loan for Murray not mean we couldn't then loan back Hendry??

Not really. Easy enough to just do the deal now and only formally complete the transfer in the summer. He could technically even be on their employment without registration passing hands. I don't think the rules would give an excuse for that tbh.

If the deal was something along the lines of:

Bain to Celtic (loan)

Allan to Hibs (Loan)

Murray to Dundee (Free transfer)

Hendry to Celtic £1m

Hendry to Dundee (6 month loan)

I think Dundee would take it. The only thing I would see being a stumbling block would be the wages Murray is on at Hibs. 

I agree with the poster above, however, that something this complex is almost impossible to complete today. 

4 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Not really. Easy enough to just do the deal now and only formally complete the transfer in the summer. He could technically even be on their employment without registration passing hands. I don't think the rules would give an excuse for that tbh.

I'm pretty sure that's not allowed.  If it were, teams would be doing it all the time to circumvent loan rules. 

Just now, The Master said:

I'm pretty sure that's not allowed.  If it were, teams would be doing it all the time to circumvent loan rules. 

It's not really a situation which needs to happen that often but it does seem fairly straightforward and happens quite a bit. We've seen it on the continent with Keita recently but the same thing in effect does happen in Scotland every so often.

It's no different from Motherwell selling Louis Moult a couple of months before the window opens. The deal can be done without the registration changing hands and it happens all the time when the window isn't open. The league rules consider registration rather than employment. The incentive to sign a player and loan them back is mainly down to having defensible set controls on situations (i.e. not being able to play against parent club) and because it's obviously desirable to have the bulk of the paperwork processed together. We're unique in just having the requirement with the loan deal for Allan.

Pre-contracts are pretty much the same thing as well as in footballing terms, it's just an agreement to change registration at a set date. Only issue is when players sign flimsy documents and don't go through the process properly.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is used as an excuse of some sort but there are really no insurmountable barriers. The biggest issue is that Celtic don't have a huge amount of depth right now with their games left so I think they'll want him there.

If the deal was something along the lines of:
Bain to Celtic (loan)
Allan to Hibs (Loan)
Murray to Dundee (Free transfer)
Hendry to Celtic £1m
Hendry to Dundee (6 month loan)
I think Dundee would take it. The only thing I would see being a stumbling block would be the wages Murray is on at Hibs. 
I agree with the poster above, however, that something this complex is almost impossible to complete today. 

Can’t see Murray being on big wages? Maybe 1500 a week? Surely we can pay that. ?

Did the filth across the road not have a deal with Andreu last season that he couldn’t be recalled by Norwich. Possibly might be the same with us and Allan. Think it’s a lot of shite anyway. I’ll go for Gadzhalov out and 1 striker in by the end of the day and that’ll be it.