All things Dundee FC

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

I think as the day is going on, it's becoming clearer that Celtic are trying to intimidate Dundee into selling Hendry or they will give Allan to Hibs/recall him.

Then we make it clear that Jack Hendry will never be sold to Celtic under any circumstances and they have finished their chances of a summer move.

Then we make it clear that Jack Hendry will never be sold to Celtic under any circumstances and they have finished their chances of a summer move.

Then they player says he's not happy and wants out.

It's all well and good us saying this but Celtic's bully boy tactics rarely fail with Scottish teams.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Then they player says he's not happy and wants out.

It's all well and good us saying this but Celtic's bully boy tactics rarely fail with Scottish teams.

He's attracting interest from down south and with a good second half of the season, he can win a move anywhere. If Celtic don't want to conclude a reasonable deal to sign him in June, they obviously don't rate him well enough.

Hendry is in a position where if he wants to win a good move to anyone else, he needs to prove himself over the course of a whole season. He might not be happy about it but I reckon he'd at least be responsive to that need and prove himself. If he wants to implode and wait twelve months to sign a PCA with Celtic (who may not be interested anymore if his form is shit), we've got to make it clear that he's free to do so but it's not in his benefit. For what it's worth, he seems a bright enough boy and I don't think he'd be the sort to down tools.

It usually works but we really need to show that we aren't going to get the piss taken. We've got a better negotiating position than I think we give ourselves credit for. If Celtic rate the player, we're not being unreasonable about reaching an equitable agreement that is still relatively cheap if they view him as a first team player next season.

Completely agree. I don't think anyone genuinely knows what's happening right now and we've been through every single possible permutation.

Can only hope Nelms does the business for us and he's my one hope as he's no soft touch and will want to make up for the Hemmings debacle.

The Henry scenario reminds me of when Wilkie got injured,dominant centre half goes,team goes to fek, relegation follows. Henry is worth more than £1 mill. to us at the moment. Tell Celtic to GTF and start the bidding in the summer, when we can try and replace him.

Starting to feel a bit like United 3 years ago to be honest

Let's hope our yanks are playing hard ball as we speak. Will keep the faith till I know the facts. Our best deal ever could transpire?

Saying that , if we end up with the ginger mutant and lose Allan and Hendry I'll be cunting furious.