All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, locheedfcno1 said:

Can hear you but we need someone to get us goals. Even that c**t emoji106.png

Even Moussa would be embarrassed with Murray’s miss at Dens a week ago - possibly :lol:  Murray was on a very good wage at United and more than doubled his wages when he went to Hibs.  

Wasn't the distinction between registration and employment one of the features of the mess when we sold Dariusz Adamczuk to Udinese? Udinese defaulted on the money we were due. FIFA ruled that we held the registration, so Dariusz couldn't play for Udinese. But he was contracted to them on big bucks and didn't initially fancy a return to Dens. So he ended up loaned to Belenense in Portugal and Pogon Szczecin (Poland) till he decided to come back to Dundee.

This should be the ginger c***s chance to show that he's a dee and take a wage cut from Hibs to sign for us. Likely to be guaranteed first team football for a team you allegedly support in the same league. No brainer IMO.

This is if all this 3 way swap nonsense is true.

Hendry deal to Celtic almost over the line apparently. Allan to Hibs talks are ongoing and Murray could well be signing today but has other options abroad.

That'd be Stephen Thompson levels of insanity if we okay'd that.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

That'd be Stephen Thompson levels of insanity if we okay'd that.

If true, and we have nothing lined up in the way of quality replacements, I'll be spewing. Starting to look like we're gonna be shat on big time!!

You'd like to think the club have something lined up here to surprise us but the though of losing Allan and Hendry doesn't sound good. 

I try to be fairly positive as I think some of the negative attitudes around Dens are shite at the best of times but that's really not looking like a good end to the window. 

£1m was always going to be a go-er, however, as a 6 month investment it's a no brainier from a business perspective. 

Just now, Dee-funked said:

In an ideal world, yeah, but money talks sadly.

Hendry is an asset and he'll still be worth money in the summer. This isn't an all or nothing moment that we need to drop our knickers to right away.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Hendry deal has been progressing independently but Hibs have maybe come in for Allan late and he's got wind of it and is instantly set on it and trying to force it. Not been the most loyal player in his career.

Just now, DigOutYourSoul said:

£1m was always going to be a go-er, however, as a 6 month investment it's a no brainier from a business perspective. 

Not if we get relegated it's not. The value we got him is irrelevant now, he's worth much more to the club at this stage, especially on the 31st January.

3 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Hendry is an asset and he'll still be worth money in the summer. This isn't an all or nothing moment that we need to drop our knickers to right away.

This.

Tell them to GTF Nelms. FFS.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

41 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

From what I understand he's on substantially more than that.

This. Us, and Partick Thistle, made a move for him at the same time as Hibs, and their offer blew both clubs away. Suggestion was they were offering almost double. 

Also, from what I can pick up, Dundee and Celtic gave agreed a fee, but Dundee want Hendry back on loan or they're refusing to sell him. Can only happen if Allan leaves, and Hibs want him. Celtic want Bain, and are trying to tie that into the works somehow. 

Doubt you'll get this mess sorted out today, so you'll probably keep Hendry and Allan. Both clubs have to agree to the loan being cancelled. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This. Us, and Partick Thistle, made a move for him at the same time as Hibs, and their offer blew both clubs away. Suggestion was they were offering almost double. 

Since no-one knows more about SPFL players' wages than you I'm going to file this under gospel - possibly apocryphal. 

Edited by The Algebraist