All things Dundee FC

Not a bad comparison but Robertson was quite clearly going to be a special player. He was head and shoulders above most players in the league. I hope hendry does turn out to be as good as you say but would be a daft move to go to the likes of celtic or bournemouth at the moment.

I don’t care much where Hendry goes or even if he ultimately succeeds, I just want us to get at least £1M for him.

Yes. He's an exceptional talent and has everything you'd look for in a centre half.
The boy's in his early 20s and organises the defense, telling the likes of Josh Meetings what he should be doing. 
I full believe he's more than capable of playing for a top, top league. Which is something I've not said for any of our players for what feels like ages.

Excellent. Well good news for Scotland then

Do you think he good enough to start for an english premier league team?

It’s the potential folk see. He’s tall and good with the ball at his feet. He’s the Scottish VVD potentially. Big clubs take a chance on prospects all the time.

He may end up at Aberdeen in a couple of years time. Time will tell.

3 hours ago, Aufc said:

So you think he is more than capable of playing in the premier league based on half a good season with one of the weaker teams in the scottish premier league? This is the guy that didn’t quite make it last time with wigan. Comedy.

From a scottish perspective, i hope he become as good as you say as we have no centre halves but not sure how you can say that thus far

How many times have you seen him play? What’s his strengths and weaknesses?

Imo we’ve currently got 2 players that are of a very good standard, him and Kamara that are head and shoulders above the rest at our club who can very easily play at a higher level. Jack is a better player than the likes of Grant Hanley who had played in the top division in England and for Scotland numerous times. What a player at 22 with huge potential. 

Edited by Yenitit

How many times have you seen him play? 

Ffs i already stated I have not seen him play. My point was more that his career this far has hardly been noteworthy. So questioned whether he would be starting for a english premier league based on half a good season for one of the weaker teams in the spl. I don’t think it is such a ridiculous assumption. Dundee fans are quite precious about their young players (see wighton previously)

Ffs i already stated I have not seen him play. My point was more that his career this far has hardly been noteworthy. So questioned whether he would be starting for a english premier league based on half a good season for one of the weaker teams in the spl. I don’t think it is such a ridiculous assumption. Dundee fans are quite precious about their young players (see wighton previously)

And if Sir Stephen Thomson was a bit more precious about your young players and not flogging them at the drop of a hat , you wouldn't be getting ragdolled by the mighty Morton [emoji6]

8 minutes ago, Aufc said:

FFS you put him up against Andy Robertson who’s career when he left you’s was most definitely not in your words ‘noteworthy’ so your argument has no weight whatsoever. 

A big centrehalf who has a big influence on the game he plays in against a left back that gets up and down the park. 

Edited by Yenitit

And if Sir Stephen Thomson was a bit more precious about your young players and not flogging them at the drop of a hat , you wouldn't be getting ragdolled by the mighty Morton [emoji6]

To be fair, he did quite well with selling those players. Just the bit after and replacing them that was the issue. Similar to you with stewart and hemmings

FFS you put him up against Andy Robertson who’s career when he left you’s was most definitely not in your words ‘noteworthy’. A big centrehalf who has a big influence on the game against a left back that gets up and down the park. 

I didn’t. It was a dundee fan that compared him to robertson.

Nobody been linked with Kamara. An outstanding player. His composure and pass for the winner yesterday was class.

I'm surprised at this as well, every bit as good a player as Hendry. Can't see us holding on to him after the summer but would be delighted to hold onto him until the end of the season. One of those players who is just great to watch.

Celtic preparing a second bid. They'll get Hendry in before the deadline. They'll test our resolve as much as they can between now and then. Give us no time to replace him then bump their gums about how the league is uncompetitive.

3 hours ago, Louis Litt said:

Yes. He's an exceptional talent and has everything you'd look for in a centre half.

The boy's in his early 20s and organises the defense, telling the likes of Josh Meetings what he should be doing. 

I full believe he's more than capable of playing for a top, top league. Which is something I've not said for any of our players for what feels like ages.

Never heard of anyone playing for a top top league, however I have heard of players playing in what is considered  to be a top league.