All things Dundee FC

11 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Well you have been doing it since the 60s. Good on you

Shocked to see a Dundee fan on about the 60s..

Funny how football works I was just giving him dogs abuse the other weekend now he is playing for us I will give him my support hopefully must Dundee fans will do the same and overlook what happened before.

Sadly I am expecting some "Dundee supporters" to be on his case from the start most probably the warm up in his first game.

So, after a reflecting on it all - here's my thoughts.
If you'd told people at the Arbroath and Buckie games Dundee would be cashing in on Hendry in Janaury for £1m, they would have laughed in your face.
. I think he'll go on to be a Scotland international, and will undoubtedly improve if he gets game time at Celtic. You also can't fault his application over the last few months, or grudge him a move that will see him become a league winner, play in Europe and likely multiple cup finals - from a footballers perspective that's the dream we all have as kids, be it for Celtic or Berwick. He's clearly a very good player, and will be a miss, but from a business perspective making that kind of profit on an unproven gamble over 6 months has to be applauded, from a business perspective.
That's where there is a difference between business and football business, however. The key, for me, to successful football business dealings, is succession planning. Dundee have known, since the day Hendry moved to Storm Sports X, that he's likely to move on. There should have been a list of names in the frame to replace him, given that they had a fee in mind. You can't, IMO. blame the club for accepting that kind of money, it's huge money in Scotland, but the lack of succession planning and any kind of a plan is startling to me. 
Now, where to start with the Murray - Bain - Allan situation. In reality, nobody know what's gone on behind closed doors. Celtic could have given us 100k as a sweetener to the deal, they could have forced it on us as "punishment" for asking big money for Hendry, they could have said "give us Bain and you can have your money for Hendry". Either way, we've lost our most creative player, we went on a 5 game losing streak when he was out of the team in October / November. However, we've also had some very impressive performances without him in the team. The results picked up when he returned to the team, a lot of these game he started on the bench. 
A lot of people don't like Murray, I get that, but I'm not one to get into that sort of stuff. If I'm honest with myself and I'd spent a game being abused by fans and scored in front of them, I'd probably be giving it back regardless. If someone had said to me Dundee would sign a stiker from the league who's in double figures this season, I'd have taken it - no questions asked - and that's what they've got. If he hits the ground running and scores a few, let's face it, it's what people here having been crying out for since August, I'm sure most will get over his past actions. 
The biggest error, as I've stated above, is not using the last month to sound out a replacement for Hendry. Who knows what effect it'll have in the short term, we'll have to wait and see. Until then I'll be there and supporting the players on the park and have plenty faith that we're still better then a few teams in this division, Let's not forget a win on Saturday puts Dundee 11 points clear of relegation. 
Was it a badly planned window? Yes. 
Is it the end of the season apocalyptic mess some people are making out? Absolutely not, IMO.  

Excellent post but far too sensible.

Why are you not wetting your knickers or boycotting or condemning us to relegation?? Get with the script!!

Imagine when Gl£n goes in the summer too for £1m+. Some club getting in over £2.5m for two players we've signed for f**k all.

Time for Waddell and Wighton/Lambert to replace Hendry and Allan. The money for Hendry can improve our scouting system and we'll be seeing more Jack Hendrys through the door at Dens.

We still don't know what money we got for Hendry. They say it's a record fee we got , so why not tell us the fee ? Also where is this fee gonna be spent ?
I don't like all this hush hush bolloxs. We have been like this for a long time when it comes to our finances .
If the boo boys of Murray can keep themselves out the main stand then that be perfect.

Let's back the team on Saturday. Huge game :-).

The way I see it is that the Hendry fee is around £1m-1.2m with add-ins bringing it up to around £1.5m. Celtic also paid us an upfront fee for loaning Bain till the end of the season. I'm starting to think that this fee was used as a part of the Hendry deal so that we don't have to pay as much to Wigan in the reported clause we had with them.

I think the BOD have done a lot better than most are giving them credit for. If we can continue to bring in players of this quality and sell them on for inflated profits i.e. Hendry and likely Kamara in the summer then in a couple of years we might be in a stable enough position where we can tell these clubs to f**k off.

23 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

The way I see it is that the Hendry fee is around £1m-1.2m with add-ins bringing it up to around £1.5m. Celtic also paid us an upfront fee for loaning Bain till the end of the season. I'm starting to think that this fee was used as a part of the Hendry deal so that we don't have to pay as much to Wigan in the reported clause we had with them.

I think the BOD have done a lot better than most are giving them credit for. If we can continue to bring in players of this quality and sell them on for inflated profits i.e. Hendry and likely Kamara in the summer then in a couple of years we might be in a stable enough position where we can tell these clubs to f**k off.

Dream on. We've always been fucked over, and that's never going to change.

Totally disillusioned with the whole fucking thing.

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Well, i stick by my words, won't be back again this season.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the Hendry deal but the Allan, Bain and Murray fiasco is a fucking joke.

I will not support Murray in Dark Blue and will return when he's out the door.

Thank you and adios for now.

What an absolute VL.

Dream on. We've always been fucked over, and that's never going to change.
Totally disillusioned with the whole fucking thing.

Don't think we've been fucked over but it's disappointing JH isn't coming back on loan like I think most of us thought might happen.

3 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Well, i stick by my words, won't be back again this season.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the Hendry deal but the Allan, Bain and Murray fiasco is a fucking joke.

I will not support Murray in Dark Blue and will return when he's out the door.

Thank you and adios for now.

I'm the total opposite, its the Hendry deal that's boiling my piss, think Murray is a good signing.

eta Think he could link up really well with Moussa.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

3 minutes ago, daftydee said:

Don't think we've been fucked over but it's disappointing JH isn't coming back on loan like I think most of us thought might happen.

The fee is half decent, but he should have been sold in the summer, not now.

Most hurtful player departures -

Cammy Fraser and Ian Ferguson to the Buns

McKimmie going to the sheep shaggers

Tosher to the Jambos

Jim Duffy knee fucked

Adamcuk to the Buns/Minchins

Feel free to add to the list.

3 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Most hurtful player departures -

Cammy Fraser and Ian Ferguson to the Buns

McKimmie going to the sheep shaggers

Tosher to the Jambos

Jim Duffy knee fucked

Adamcuk to the Buns/Minchins

Feel free to add to the list.

Zurab.

18 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

That’s what happens when you’re team was once the very best in the country.  No need to worry though that will never happen to St Johnstone.

I'm sure you'll remember those days until your dying day. 

So we’ve lost Allan and Hendry and not replaced either but signed the Ginger Elephant Man...

Murray will score goals but who will create them and does this mean O’Dea will be back in the starting 11!?

No money for Bain either...jeez! ????‍♂️????‍♂️????‍♂️

We better get some answers today, from either the board or McCann. If we don't there's something far wrong with what's happened. Couldn't give a f**k about Bain or Allan, Bain is a p***k and Allan wasn't our player. It's the hendry situation and if there wil be any free agents coming in or not should be the questions we get answers to