All things Dundee FC

Just now, ravabelli said:

What's the fee? According to Chris McLaughlin it's a club record which would eclipse the million we got for Douglas and Canniggia?

£1.5m been talked about on Twitter, but only by fans and that, not convinced you'll ever officially know.

2 minutes ago, Moo said:

So you say.

Its a journalist from Wigan saying it. Says he was allowed to move for a free, but with a huge sell on clause. Similar to your deal with Kilmarnock for O'Hara.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

£1.5m been talked about on Twitter, but only by fans and that, not convinced you'll ever officially know.

We know it's over £1.2million anyways as that was what we got for Rab Douglas and it's been confirmed by the club that it's a club record. We also have a sell on fee attached, and several add ons.

After all my moaning yesterday and up until this point, can't really knock the board for that.

Simon fucking Murray though...

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its a journalist from Wigan saying it. Says he was allowed to move for a free, but with a huge sell on clause. Similar to your deal with Kilmarnock for O'Hara.

It's not that bad. Only around 40% so the majority still going to Dundee.

I'd take that with a large shovel of salt. You just need to look at the crap that is printed locally here to know that journalists often make 2+2=5.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

We know it's over £1.2million anyways as that was what we got for Rab Douglas and it's been confirmed by the club that it's a club record. We also have a sell on fee attached, and several add ons.

After all my moaning yesterday and up until this point, can't really knock the board for that.

Simon fucking Murray though...

Depends how much you've actually received though. Wigan fans seem to reckon the clause is anywhere between 30%-50%. Best case scenario is its 30% and you get the £1m up front. Thats reliant on Celtic not doing their usual with clauses. 

Could fully see this being £500k to Dundee and your club announcing it as £1.5m. We sold O'Halloran for £200k up front and it was widely reported as £500k, which was after all the installments/clauses.

Difficult to turn down that money for a young CH who we only signed on a free six months ago. Huge potential. Need a CH in now. I trust McCann’s judgement in players so fingers crossed he can somehow unearth a replacement. Murray will stretch teams for us and give us pace which we lack up top. He’s also a workhorse. However, I am absolutely deflated. Trying to find the positives but we are now significantly weaker.

If the club net £1m plus add ons for appearances/sell on then it's not a bad dead 'business' wise.

Football wise leaving yourself no time to replace your best player is a disaster.
Perhaps a judgement made that County are in free fall and whoever finishes eleventh will beat the dross in the Championship.

Depends how much you've actually received though. Wigan fans seem to reckon the clause is anywhere between 30%-50%. Best case scenario is its 30% and you get the £1m up front. Thats reliant on Celtic not doing their usual with clauses. 

Could fully see this being £500k to Dundee and your club announcing it as £1.5m. We sold O'Halloran for £200k up front and it was widely reported as £500k, which was after all the installments/clauses.

Best case scenario is the Wigan fan is talking pish.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Best case scenario is the Wigan fan is talking pish.

He's a journalist, and he seems to have a track record of breaking news for Wigan. I don't think hes lying tbh.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

That wouldn't break our record therefore is incorrect.

Depends on if you want to believe Sky, Chris McLaughlin, or Dundee. 

I don't trust any of them :lol:

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

He's a journalist, and he seems to have a track record of breaking news for Wigan. I don't think hes lying tbh.

Depends on if you want to believe Sky, Chris McLaughlin, or Dundee. 

I don't trust any of them :lol:

Of course you'd believe the Wigan 'journalist' that no-one has heard of until about an hour ago if it meant that it was even worse news for Dundee.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Of course you'd believe the Wigan 'journalist' that no-one has heard of until about an hour ago if it meant that it was even worse news for Dundee.

Why would any of us of heard of him? 

He doesn't seem like your usual attention seeking journalist pumping out stories for clicks (Keith Jackson), to me. If you think differently then fair fucks. I highly doubt anyone will ever know if there was a sell on clause or not.

Why would any of us of heard of him? 

He doesn't seem like your usual attention seeking journalist pumping out stories for clicks (Keith Jackson), to me. If you think differently then fair fucks. I highly doubt anyone will ever know if there was a sell on clause or not.

I don't. It'll be listed in our accounts eventually.