All things Dundee FC

Main stand I sit at mainly due to my dad wanting to sit there.
Also easy for my son to go to toilet and I don't need to move from my seat.
Also at my side of Mainstand you don't hear to much. Seems to be mainly right behind the dugouts the fannies sit in the main stand.

How very dare you.

Main stand I sit at mainly due to my dad wanting to sit there.
Also easy for my son to go to toilet and I don't need to move from my seat.
Also at my side of Mainstand you don't hear to much. Seems to be mainly right behind the dugouts the fannies sit in the main stand.

G Man are you right along towards the BC and 2nd row from the front?

To be honest I swapped for the Cox a couple of years ago and the fanny count was not dissimilar. The stadium is full of fannies because it’s full of people who have been let down for most of their lifetimes, that’s what’s going to happen. They keep going when many haven’t and as you pointed out less than 4000 home fans for a home tie against what should have been beatable opposition is scary and depressing stuff.
Having said that Cannigia’s home debut against the same opponents only got 7000 odd if I remember, sad but true.

I go to the main centre stand because that’s the first view I ever had of Dens back in the early 70s with my old man. I hate watching from the ends and the Derry is a worm’s eye view comparatively.
I should say I’m not a booer, but watching our supposed strike force this year is a new and special kind of torture, it does give you a laugh though.
The most hotly contested award at the dinner this year will be sitter of the season.

12 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Stop charging stupid prices would be a start.

Sadly it's a business decision. 10 people at £25 is better than 20 people at £20. 

There's modelling you can do to show price increase vs attendance drop-off, and the resultant difference in income. 

Edited by The Master
Me talking shite as usual

Just now, bobbycoxblue said:

Explain.. Ive Been on the bevy but WTF

Sorry, I mistyped while thinking of an example off the top of my head :lol: 

Basically the club will know what price it can charge before the drop-off in fans means less income. 

Couldn't understand there was any debate, clear as f**k from where I sit in the main stand which isn't far from the journalists. Parish at fault for me. Will probably get slaughtered for this but Kamara is a tidy player, no question but really only looks good facing his own goal, the lack of creativity in that team is frightening. Also for us to progress, apart from the glaringly obvious striker situation we need another right back, Cammy is wholehearted but very limited at this level

Couldn't understand there was any debate, clear as f**k from where I sit in the main stand which isn't far from the journalists. Parish at fault for me. Will probably get slaughtered for this but Kamara is a tidy player, no question but really only looks good facing his own goal, the lack of creativity in that team is frightening. Also for us to progress, apart from the glaringly obvious striker situation we need another right back, Cammy is wholehearted but very limited at this level

I’ve said THAT before about Kamara. Him and O’Hara, devoid of, or have little, creativity. Cammy certainly hasn’t developed at the rate we’d all hoped, in fact he’s gone backwards this season under NM.

This might be a controversial viewpoint but do we just keep accepting shite? Found myself today getting a bit pissed off listening to a guy near me saying unlucky at poor finishing, unlucky at poor defending and again unlucky when players run the ball out the park. Imo it’s not unlucky it’s simply not good enough.   Think I might be done with accepting pish performances, we’ve been in the top league 5 of the last 6 seasons and have never had a comfortable season in the top flight in that time or even a half decent cup run. 

This might be a controversial viewpoint but do we just keep accepting shite? Found myself today getting a bit pissed off listening to a guy near me saying unlucky at poor finishing, unlucky at poor defending and again unlucky when players run the ball out the park. Imo it’s not unlucky it’s simply not good enough.   Think I might be done with accepting pish performances, we’ve been in the top league 5 of the last 6 seasons and have never had a comfortable season in the top flight in that time or even a half decent cup run. 

It’s a terrible admission but I could have left at half time today. The loss of Scott Allan is the biggest body blow for me. The only player we had capable of a sublime piece of skill. I realise we hadn’t played as often as we might of liked but I was hoping we would finish the season strongly. It’s going to be a right nail biting shitfest.