All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Kerr is still young and learning his trade.  The constant changing of the team can’t help.  

Did McCann not think he was being a tactical genius playing him left back for a recent game at Dens?  That definitely can’t help.

Especially when there are 2 other left backs at the club. 

To me Kerr was at his best last season running at speed against the opposition.  I’m just not convinced that’s what McCann is looking for.  McCann seems to want a passing game.  That’s a difficult style to carry out and I don’t think we have the players to do it.   I just wonder if Kerr is caught between carrying out McCann’s instructions and what he is naturally good at.

34 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

We seem to agree again.

All of a sudden people want him dropped because he hasn't had a good season yet he was by far our player of the season the season before.
He hasn't been at the standard he was last season but my blames goes straight to McCann.

O’Dea for me the year before, without him we were fucked. 

I agree with the players listed previously but you can add Kerr’s name to that as well. 

Edited by Yenitit

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:
30 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:
To me Kerr was at his best last season running at speed against the opposition.  I’m just not convinced that’s what McCann is looking for.  McCann seems to want a passing game.  That’s a difficult style to carry out and I don’t think we have the players to do it.   I just wonder if Kerr is caught between carrying out McCann’s instructions and what he is naturally good at.

What McCann wants and what we have is why we are in a relegation battle

Are you wanting McCann punted?

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

I've said I will leave my judgement come end of the season. Only fair surely ?

Right now we are in a relegation battle so we have to see how that will go.

But if we finish in the bottom 2 that's quite clearly not good enough.

If we finish 10th I would like if he gets some help in the dug out as i feel he needs it.

However plenty games to go and all games we should be looking to win.

I thought we were the polar opposite regards McCann but we’re not. I hope he sticks to the same style of play next season building from the back  f**k going back to a launch in the corner and chasing it down. 

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

Are you wanting McCann punted?

There is no question in my mind that if McCann was less stubborn and arranged the team to suit the strengths of the players we have we would be higher up the league.  He is the one who has brought in the payers yet they don’t look like players that can play the style of football he wants them to.  That is a major worry.

Is he able to out think the opposition manager?  He certainly talks a good game but I’ve seen little evidence of it.  Up until recently I think we were probably the most predictable team in the league to play against.  With the players we have you shouldn’t lose 3 and 4 goals at home to Hamilton, County and St Johnstone with only 1 goal in reply if you organise the team properly.  You do lose like that if you insist on playing a certain way, regardless of how the opposition sets out and how the game pans out.

On the plus side it appears McCann dropped his insistence of a passing against Hearts, mixed it up a bit and the end result was there for everyone to see.

The players still seem to be playing for him so I don’t think he should be punted.  Assuming we stay up I think he has to learn from what has happened this season or it will be more of the same next season.

12 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

I thought we were the polar opposite regards McCann but we’re not. I hope he sticks to the same style of play next season building from the back  f**k going back to a launch in the corner and chasing it down. 

If that’s the case we have to have a major rebuilding of the team.  We have plenty of players that can pass the ball backwards and sideways.  We also have plenty of players that can pass the ball forwards to the feet of a man who is being marked.  What we definitely lack are players that can make a killer pass and movement off the ball.

Just now, Shadow Play said:

If that’s the case we have to have a major rebuilding of the team.  We have plenty of players that can pass the ball backwards and sideways.  We also have plenty of players that can pass the ball forwards to the feet of a man who is being marked.  What we definitely lack are players that can make a killer pass and movement off the ball.

2 strikers are the priority this summer followed by an attacking midfielder. 

5 or 6 new signings maximum of a good standard rather than the usual dozen or so. 

20 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Pretty negative. Why are our players not capable of this ?

Just to clarify you don't think our manager and team can't beat

Hamilton , Partick, Ross County , St j and Motherwell?

Is that not something we should be aiming for is to beat everyone in the bottom 6?

We should be aiming for it doesn’t mean it will happen. McCann goes looking to win against everyone unlike Hartley. 

I’m not sure we’ve won 5 top league games on the bounce in the last 30 years. Unrealistic to thing it’ll change. I’d imagine you’ll get a right good price at the bookies for that. 

13 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Why did you mention Hartley ?

McCann goes to win against everyone. We are 10th.

We have also taken some good pumpings this season. Still unsure why you mentioned Hartley

I mentioned Hartley because of your quote about winning our remaining games. I’ve never been to game under McCann where he hasn’t set up to win a game unlike Hartley when we went to Aberdeen and Celtic last season. Yeah Hartley got top 6, did he ever win 5 top league wins on the bounce? I’m glad Hartley got punted. His signings last season were farcical and we’re lucky McCann helped keep us up.

If our players are shite like you say and our manager is tactically inept why keep him in his job? 

Edited by Yenitit

Just now, G_Man1985 said:

Because the season isn't over? Like I said I will judge him at the end of the season .
I'm sure I've said this already.

And shite like I say ? Am I the only one who thinks this? I'm sure our results/stats show how poor we have been this season.

And are your saying he isn't tactically inept this season ?

You can say that about most managers. I doubt you’ll be happy too often as a Dundee fan with your expectations. 

Anyway im out. Time to watch the Man City game!

50 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Yup I'd go with that. He just dosnt seem to either adapt or learn from his mistakes at all n that is what frustrates me and yes pointed out by Biggie and whoever else I am pretty negative but no wonder.

It's Dundee you're supporting mate. Not fucking Barcelona. Thank you.

Oh I know. I remember very well when locked in the Perugia Stadium at 11pm at night before we got let out to find out the next day we are 24 million in debt. 
I've ridden the rollercoaster

It was fucking freezing.

2 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Yup I'd go with that. He just dosnt seem to either adapt or learn from his mistakes at all n that is what frustrates me and yes pointed out by Biggie and whoever else I am pretty negative but no wonder.

A lot of points we have dropped is down to him and not being able to make the changes that were needed or even read a game and see what we need to do to match our opponents .
Instead he is sticking to this passing game ( which is good but we have shite players) And this has cost us.

I can't agree about sticking with style of play if it dosnt pay off and we will then be back into a relegation battle.

Can't see why anyone could possibly be positive going into the last 5 games, we've lost by 3 or 4 goals to three of the sides we face, haven't beat another one and can't score goals! What the f**k are some people seeing that makes them hopeful? Finishing ninth would be massive and a miracle!