All things Dundee FC

I wonder what striker we're going to sign that's going to score 5 or 6 in pre-season to lull us into a false sense of optimism à la Carlo ('revelation', before Bateman gets in) Monti, Tankulic and Moussa, only to struggle to hit single figures during the season. 

See we’re linked with Kenny Miller:shutup

We could have ,have and had much much worse than kenny miller

If he was part of the squad I wouldn’t be dissatisfied knowing he’s an option , forever fit and will score given the amount of chances we create

Maybe a wee coaching job on the side to sweeten the deal I’d be all for it

Kenny Miller has fallen out with his last 2 managers and completely undermined them in the process. 

Kenny Miller would also command a massive wage. 

Kenny Miller is currently 38, will be 39 before the season is at its halfway point. 

His record last season was 18 games, 3 goals. To put that into context, that's the exact same record Simon Murray had for us - for a side that creates considerably more chances per game than us. 

I would absolutely hate it if we brought Miller in. 

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Kenny Miller has fallen out with his last 2 managers and completely undermined them in the process. 

Kenny Miller would also command a massive wage. 

Kenny Miller is currently 38, will be 39 before the season is at its halfway point. 

His record last season was 18 games, 3 goals. To put that into context, that's the exact same record Simon Murray had for us - for a side that creates considerably more chances per game than us. 

I would absolutely hate it if we brought Miller in. 

Pretty much exactly my sentiment. He's still a decent enough player but has had serious issues in undermining management over the last few years and I don't think that's what McCann or the club needs. 

1 hour ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Pretty much exactly my sentiment. He's still a decent enough player but has had serious issues in undermining management over the last few years and I don't think that's what McCann or the club needs. 

We're they not team mates tho? Think there would be an element of respect there tbh

7 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

Hopefully miller goes to Aberdeen...then we can get Rooney on loan .

Seems to have fallen out of favour at Aberdeen in recent times, or McInnes has seen he's past it. Not sure what wage he's likely to be on at the Dons, but if they were to bring in Miller that might make it more of a possibility. Would take a loan deal if he's not going to get games at Aberdeen. Don't know what age he is now but he's probably at least 40 years younger than Kenny Miller and has never really relied on pace anyway. Then again, I look up the table and wonder why he'd come here over the other teams that would no doubt be interested. If he could get even near his form of a couple seasons ago he'd be exactly what we need.

3 hours ago, ah-dee said:

at present rooney would be a great signing but in the same boat as miller and o'halloren. far too big a wage.

whats the craic with currans contract offer and kamaras extension? i might have missed it

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Curran and Henvey are both on holiday and I heard they have both signed extensions, will be announced when they are back for pre season.

Dont think kamara will sign an extension, better enjoy him for the first few games of pre season and maybe the league cup but after that I think he's away

Curran and Henvey are both on holiday and I heard they have both signed extensions, will be announced when they are back for pre season.
Dont think kamara will sign an extension, better enjoy him for the first few games of pre season and maybe the league cup but after that I think he's away
thanks for that mate. forgot about henvey. doubted kamara would but we have made him a full international so he should bloddy sign it!

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Pie and Bovril mobile app