All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Judge asked him if he'd "assaulted the bouncer and spat on him", McGowan admitted it. 

Sounds like he's done more than spit. 

And? As I say, unless he's put away for a period of say, 6 month, then I think it's imperative we keep him. I don't have to like him as a person as long as he's doing the business on the pitch.

Just now, G_Man1985 said:

He has spat and assaulted someone. He has no place at our club regardless of how good he is.

He is a c**t. This isn't the first time he has been in trouble.

And?  The law will deal with that, if he is to get put away, then we deal with it appropriately, if he doesn't, then there's no reason for us to punish ourselves and him.

So, you think we should just release him then to be free to turn out against us for St Johnstone/St Mirren/Hamilton? Cutting your nose to spite your face.

It's obviously disgusting but ffs people suggesting getting rid of him because of it and calling him a c**t? Settle down.

Like I said, it's disgusting but it happens fairly often in football for some reason where players spit on each other. They're not sacked because of it.

Like Ludo said, unless he's given a significant amount of time, the whole thing should be done and dusted.

It's assault also and spitting unless the papers are wrong and it's not a first offence either against him. So he isn't a c**t for this sort of behaviour?

I'm not really arsed if he's a c**t tbh, he's a good footballer and that's all that matters to me. I don't really care if the players are nice people or not.

You win games of football based on footballing ability, not how nice your players are.

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

I think we should release him because he is a c**t of a person. Have already stated this. It's not as if it's the first offence either.
Spitting on someone is so low and assault dosnt surprise me with him. He is not right in the head.
Clearly he can't help himself.
He is easily replaced I reckon. McCann would bring in someone who could do a job especially if we got rid of him now.

The club backed him n he does that?

Nice one McGowan.

I think the vast majority of the league would be struggling to assemble a team if we punted them based on their personality FFS.

There's an awful lot of, 'spitting is worse than a punch in the pus' brigade here.  If he did do more than spit, then the point will be moot as he'll be serving time more than likely which would force us to act.

If he was that easily replaceable, McCann wouldn't have handed him another years contract and there wouldn't have been teams such as St Johnstone trying to steal him from us.

It'd be a complete disaster if we lost him especially considering he'd likely be facing off against us.

Think some people are failing to understand that spitting is considered assault.

That, and that bouncers are cocks to a man.

C Hall Paul is welcome any time at Dens.

Thank you x

4 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

So it's just spitting he has done?
I didn't realise spitting was assault.

Then you shouldn't have been commenting about it and wanting the man hung, drawn and quartered. Link.

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:

I still do. So he assaulted a bouncer.
According to another Dundee fan this will be his third offence. ( Twitter).

We keep backing him up n he throws it back in the club's face.

It's the end of the matter for me. Hopefully Dundee do the right thing.

This is his second offence whilst with the club. There's been all sorts of speculation as to what actually took place outside the nightclub. McGowan has admitted to it, he'll get punished by the law, the absolutely right thing morally for the club is to keep him on unless he's jailed.

Yeah this will be his 4th time in trouble since 2010. 4 times in 8 years is not to bad going. This is with getting help also for his drink issues.

Let the law hopefully make the right decision. Maybe being locked up inside might do him good

Think that's a scummy thing to say personally considering your implication behind it.

It's simple for me, if he's jailed, then that forces our hand dependent on the length of the conviction. If he's not, then that's the matter dealt with. The issue is now with people who have all the facts and we can only play it by ear.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It is indeed, you can see why it's skewed.

He mentions:

he turned down a move to local rivals St Johnstone - who finished above the Dees last season - earlier this year before signing an extended contract with the Dens park side.

Spitting is scummy.
4 different scenarios n not once jailed and one of them was for assaulting a police officer.

Shall see what happens. I guess all we can do is wait. And it's just before our game against Stirling.

He has let the club down for his scummy and awful behaviour .

It's hardly career ending though.

4 different scenarios and not one has been deemed worthy of jail time - yet you want him sacked. and jailed despite not knowing that spitting was assault (You thought he'd done something above and beyond this as well).

In short, stop talking out your arse and wanting the man punted before sentence has even passed.

In other news, Nicky Low has signed on at Derry City again in what is probably the most unsurprising move ever.  The Sun are also linking Dundee United with Julen.

Sheriff John Rafferty said to McGowan: “You are pleading guilty to the charge that on May 14 at the locus referred to in Dundee, you assaulted the named person in the complaint, a door steward, and you spat at him?”

I presume when he said and it was more than a spit? ( so yes this is what I thought)
This is a quote from the evening telegraph.

Am I wrong according to this ?

Yes, you are wrong. That's just the legal phrasing.