All things Dundee FC

7 minutes ago, LuoAnLai said:

Has he done anything useful in his time at Dens?

A great goal every 6 months, but he simply isnt good enough, smart enough, consistent or have the physical attributes to play in the top league.

Hopefully El Bak does well at Dunfermline, but I can't see him ever pushing on enough to be a useful squad member in the top flight. 

He strikes me as one of those guys who probably looks like a worldie in kickabouts, rips the piss out of you for fun, all the tricks in the book, then you put him in an actual match and he's completely lost.

1 minute ago, Boo Khaki said:

Hopefully El Bak does well at Dunfermline, but I can't see him ever pushing on enough to be a useful squad member in the top flight. 

He strikes me as one of those guys who probably looks like a worldie in kickabouts, rips the piss out of you for fun, all the tricks in the book, then you put him in an actual match and he's completely lost.

That's exactly what he was like when we first got him.  Then he seemed to turn into a footballer.

Maybe it was a one season wonder, but hopefully he can become a footballer again.

The first time I saw FEB was at EEP when he took us apart in an early season League Cup tie won by the Pars.

I was delighted that he joined us. Yet, his performances have been so disappointing, alleviated with an infrequent wonder goal. It may be that we haven't played him in a way that optimises his ability, yet truth to tell he's not got enough physical presence despite exquisite delicate skills and the odd good shot. Maybe he was trying too hard. Nevertheless I wish him a successful season in Fife with a barrow load of goals against United please.

Oooft, nah he was a bigger shyster than our usual collection of rogue's - from what I've heard he was a bit of a Melville and had lots of money in theory it was just usually due out to someone else (hence he travelled about a lot apparently)
I don't know anything for certain but rumour was he fucked the council over with the earliest plans for the waterfront when he pulled out of the leisure park he'd proposed on Riverside to build the stack
&
Was 'wanted' by some murky characters for outstanding debts as well as dodgy dealings in South Africa.

This. I know a guy who worked with him on the Carnoustie Hotel. Fucking scary stuff.

48 minutes ago, locheedee said:

Wonder if/when we're signing Nabi now El Bak is away?

Only leaves us 3 senior strikers if we do  + Henvey (& Haber but he's hopefully away) so any chance we'll get another in, or is Henvey going to be in the first team this year?

By my count we have 2 strikers? Moussa and Mendy? Not including Haber and youth. Who am I forgetting?

2 strikers please.

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

By my count we have 2 strikers? Moussa and Mendy? Not including Haber and youth. Who am I forgetting?

2 strikers please.

I meant Nabi would make it 3 if he signs.

Not sure if Henvey is being thought of as a first team player yet but I'd still want another one in if we could (+ that French left back)

12 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

I think we will sign 1 more striker and nabi will sign up aswell. 

2 minutes ago, locheedee said:

I meant Nabi would make it 3 if he signs.

Not sure if Henvey is being thought of as a first team player yet but I'd still want another one in if we could (+ that French left back)

Yeah - I reckon we'll announce Nabi tomorrow. I'd be surprised if we left ourselves with just 2 strikers (I reckon Henvey will be considered part of the first team squad, but still) going into the cup games. 1 injury and we're forced into changing our shape.

Only seen very little of Nabi but the Peterborough fans were extremely unimpressed. Seems to be one that has ability but very inconsistent and apparently has a bit of attitude (Which tbf, most good strikers have!)

I also wonder if we're still after another CH, considering we bid quite a bit by our standards for that Jack Baldwin? I assume we are still in for Macauley Bonne due to the fact that he's still not signed a new deal for Orient.

19 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yeah - I reckon we'll announce Nabi tomorrow. I'd be surprised if we left ourselves with just 2 strikers (I reckon Henvey will be considered part of the first team squad, but still) going into the cup games. 1 injury and we're forced into changing our shape.

Only seen very little of Nabi but the Peterborough fans were extremely unimpressed. Seems to be one that has ability but very inconsistent and apparently has a bit of attitude (Which tbf, most good strikers have!)

Has Murray fallen off the face of the earth?

Haven't heard anything about him and to be honest I was happy to see him in the dark blue but think he was a classic case of trying to hard under too much pressure.

Would anyone like to see him back?

2 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Haven't heard anything about him and to be honest I was happy to see him in the dark blue but think he was a classic case of trying to hard under too much pressure.

Playing for Hibs tonight

4 minutes ago, Crawford said:

That gives me the fear. Delete please.

Seriously though, I'd be seriously underwhelmed with Murray. If we are trying to play a similar style to last season and Haber is being punted, it's an absolute must that we sign someone that can hold the ball up. Nabi, Mendy & Bonne can be finishers, but we'd be absolutely reliant on Moussa again.

25 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Me neither tbh but I'm guessing we must be signing him since Fais is going - unless it's another surprise and Berbatov rocks up on his elephant.

Really hope Henvey can kick on and become a regular but yeah even if he does 4 strikers is a bit light.

&

Just spotted your last post but was away to say we'd maybe need another big hold up player/target man

13 minutes ago, Crawford said:

No to Murray from me, he's a championship player in my opinion & a bit of a piss head from what we heard last season