All things Dundee FC

The season ticket number is depressing but unsurprising. The numbers were poor last year too and it's not like we had a higher quality of football to entice in some new faces.

We really need a cup run for a feel good day factor. Staying up doesn't take away from the fact that most of the games at Dens are fucking brutal.

21 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

McGowan has walked free.

Phew, for a minute I thought he had left the club before some scrambling around on Google averted an impending stroke. He's a mad b*****d but he's our mad b*****d and I wouldn't want to lose him. 

3 minutes ago, rambling syd rumpo said:

That implies he got off with it. He pleaded guilty and got a a community payback order and a restriction of liberty order.

More fake news from Beaston.

11 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

Scandalous. Should of been locked away.

Say what you like about Thatcher, but in those days the Tories could troll with élan, and sound grammar too. The modern bunch are just wannabe Tebbits.

20 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Dundee fans willing to accept with open arms an anti-social thug into their team.

The less charitable amongst us would suggest that it's putting the fear of relegation over principles of decency. Not me though, no I would never be so bold.

Chill. Just enjoy being back in the top league.temp.jpg.3a292753c065999c304ab54c9fc8e856.jpg

Edited by rambling syd rumpo

31 minutes ago, rambling syd rumpo said:

That implies he got off with it. He pleaded guilty and got a community payback order and a restriction of liberty order.

No it doesn't, it implies he didn't get jailed, which is obviously the case.

Was also ordered to compensate the bouncer. Sounds like a very fucking silly incident all in. Drunk, chucked out of the Underground, claimed he was hit then spat on the bouncer...

6 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Was also ordered to compensate the bouncer. Sounds like a very fucking silly incident all in. Drunk, chucked out of the Underground, claimed he was hit then spat on the bouncer...

So what are the terms of the restriction of liberty order? "Walks free" does suggest that doesn't raise any problems.

But "sounds like a very fucking silly incident all in" is probably unimprovable analysis.

Edited by rambling syd rumpo

Just now, rambling syd rumpo said:

So what are the terms of the restriction of liberty order? "Walks free" does suggest that doesn't raise any problems.

Don't expect a bitter St Johnstone fan that works for a sensationalist rag to answer that. 

Good to see that we've promoted Gowser to doing coaching work with the youths as well. Well done Dundee. 

Also, I'm beginning to love that everytime the Tele does a slightly negative piece on Dundee, they just say it has been written by 'reporter' rather than putting the credit in. Sneaky. 

11 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

I've just seen the terms of the restriction order. He has to be at his home address between 7pm and 7am on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights for the next two months. After checking our fixtures it all seems feasible, so I'll cave in on this. Personally I wouldn't have used the phrase "walks free" but he clearly got a very sympathetic sheriff.

I've just seen the terms of the restriction order. He has to be at his home address between 7pm and 7am on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights for the next two months. After checking our fixtures it all seems feasible, so I'll cave in on this. Personally I wouldn't have used the phrase "walks free" but he clearly got a very sympathetic sheriff.

That last sentence is undeniably true!