All things Dundee FC

I'm just going to pretend that everything that's happened so far this season was all McCann's plan and was intended to culminate in the unstoppable duo of Miller and Shankland, and we're going to go on a 3-month winning streak.

I will consider myself undoubtedly correct until midnight tomorrow. Then let the drinking begin.

If Levein gives this boy the Soapy Souttar treatment and gets him back on track, then we should have another ball player on our hands.

I hope so. It’s a weird transfer for us because I think most Dundee fans are disappointed due to the fact that Wighton is derried rather than because of any quality he brought to the team. In all honesty we probably won’t miss him. It’s not like he came on as a sub and gave the impression he would single handedly change a game, or make any impact at all. He never lived up to expectation, but he was injured a lot and was never given a real run of games in his proper position. Or at least that’s what it seems like despite him playing about 100 games for us. He undoubtedly has talent but it just never happened for him at Dens. I genuinely hope he goes on to do well for you and I normally don’t give a f**k about other players (such as Jack Hendry) once they’ve moved on. But let’s face it, wighton has already scored the goal of his career at Dens.

I hope so. It’s a weird transfer for us because I think most Dundee fans are disappointed due to the fact that Wighton is derried rather than because of any quality he brought to the team. In all honesty we probably won’t miss him. It’s not like he came on as a sub and gave the impression he would single handedly change a game, or make any impact at all. He never lived up to expectation, but he was injured a lot and was never given a real run of games in his proper position. Or at least that’s what it seems like despite him playing about 100 games for us. He undoubtedly has talent but it just never happened for him at Dens. I genuinely hope he goes on to do well for you and I normally don’t give a f**k about other players (such as Jack Hendry) once they’ve moved on. But let’s face it, wighton has already scored the goal of his career at Dens.
We've had talented young players before who've started for the first team but really didn't fulfill their potential.

Just because they're good enough at 16/17 doesn't mean they'll kick in and be great players as adults.

3 hours ago, K.T said:

This, so much this.

Recently, there's been so few players who've left that I've felt quite gutted about leaving due to their "Derry-ness". The last players, for me, were probably McDonald and Forsyth - obviously not Dees but were loved by the fans for coming through the youth set up.

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Read on Twitter, Darren O'Dea being linked with the Falkirk Manager job. 

I reckon that they are such a clusterfuck that no one will really touch them. Looks a really tough gig but still a great opening for someone like O'Dea if it is on the table.

Hartley was a mixed bag as a manager and wasn't all bad but the extent of the summer clear up looks like it may have finished him as a full-time manager. He likes things his own way but so many players have been released to join league rivals (or even levels above in Taiwo an Grants case) which recruiting 15/16 players who have struggled so far. His next job in management really depends on somebody coming in and doing OK with the squad so he can say he didn't get enough time.

Don't know if you guys are still in for shankland but Ayr released a statement saying that they had received several more bids and all have been turned down and that shankland had shown no interest in wanting to leave.

2 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Don't know if you guys are still in for shankland but Ayr released a statement saying that they had received several more bids and all have been turned down and that shankland had shown no interest in wanting to leave.

Sure-fire sign that he'll not be an Ayr player by the end of the day.