All things Dundee FC

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

What a difference 45 minutes makes.

Nah, if you get pumped when 7 or 8 players turn up you worry, when 1 turns up you're getting pumped by anyone, we'd have lost to every league one side playing like today, it's the next 2 games that'll tell us where we are.

McCann going against the doctors advice and telling Spence to get back on the pitch after the doctor motioned 'game over was outrageous. Gerry Doherty looked fuming and was shaking his head in the dugout.

18 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Lose lose?

Don't be ridiculous.

We've kept the best striker our club has had in a generation.

Who knows what's next for him but unless things go horrible we're going to be in this league next season. The fans are happy and we're building something decent. Ayr are not a one man team and shankland staying will increase the confidence of the team as a whole.

Far too many football fans (at all levels) focus too much on the finances and forget about the actual football. You won't find a single Ayr fan that is gutted we didn't take the money. Not one.

I recommend you read my post again.  I was not referring to the present window - the statement was about the future as you will see if you read it properly.

First time I've ever left early in 20 years of going to dens. Not even angry or upset. I just go expecting to get pumped by the opposition now and there is zero enjoymnet. The good thing is that it's early in the season, so if we can get someone in to get the players fired up and scrapping for everything , we still have a chance of surviving. The players brought in look shite which will make is much as concern as McCann running the show is. 

McCann needs to go if we are to progress. I think we have the players to keep us up, but when he drains their confidence and plays them out of position, what chance do they have?

I though Inniss looked pretty good yesterday, very composed.

Calvin Miller looks like he could give us some width and has a decent cross.

Kenny Miller faded out in the second half, but that was more to do with playing wide right and having no service, than fitness.

Hamilton, Kasunga and Meekings are losing us goals every week. Thank f**k we brought in 2 central defenders and have a solid back up keeper for a new manager coming in because McCann is not going to change out Hamilton.

We need Deacon back to give us width on the right. With everyone fit, I would go with;

Parish

Kerr Inniss Boyle Ralph

Deacon Kamara Madianga C.Miller

K.Miller Kallman

A simple 442 with no passing it out from the back inviting teams on to us, it doesnt work on small Scottish pitches.

Again being punished for making stupid mistakes. I didn’t think there was a lot in the game until Kasunga decided to fall over and fail to deal with the most basic of crosses. Dundee moved away from taking everything short yesterday and went a lot more direct up to Kallman.

Hamilton - being slated again but pulled off a couple of decent saves and wasn’t “flapping” at crosses. No idea why McGowan ran off the wall as Bigi was running up to take the free kick but Hamilton should still be saving it.

Kerr - it’s unfair on him as he’s never a left back. Looked solid defensively but no left foot.

Curran - I’m starting to think it’s time to get Kerr back into his preferred position if we’re persisting with a 4.

Meekings/Kasunga we’re both a disaster waiting to happen and it happened.

Nabi and Madianga are wasted out wide, IMO. Nabi is more suited to being a 10, with Madianga looking most effective in the middle. Starting with a flat 4 in the middle didn’t help them yesterday but when he changed it to a 4-5-1 I thought Kharl came into it a bit more as he was more central.

McGowan - unlucky after a good save from Carson but thought he had a pretty poor game overall. Mentioned above his choice to come off the wall for the second goal being an odd one.

Kallman - put in a hell of a shift against the well defence. Won a lot of free kicks and looked strong. Took his goal well but had a couple of other decent chances which he could have scored.

K.Miller - I thought in the first half he showed a lot of urgency and looked like he was trying to up the tempo. Still got a bit to offer and think him and Kallman could form a bit of a partnership. However, after 65mins he looked tired, which was Livi fans concern.

Inniss - big lad and looked comfortable on the ball and also put a few big challenges in. Won’t judge yet.

C.Miller - stupid foul for the second goal, really stupid. Aside from that he looked bright and put some brilliant balls into the box. The 3 Kallman chances all came from his crosses.

Another tight game decided by defensive blunders. With a couple of hard games coming up it’s not looking good but I think McCann will be given until the Livi game to sort things out.

Edited to add:

Spence - he’s just not Glenn Kamara and it shows. However, the thing McCann can be blamed most for yesterday was his reaction to Spence’s head knock. Winning isn’t worth a players health and demanding he came back on after the doctor said he had to come off should be investigated by the club. For the third goal Spence didn’t have a clue where he was and the had spent the previous 5 mins floating around clearly concussed.

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

McCann going against the doctors advice and telling Spence to get back on the pitch after the doctor motioned 'game over was outrageous. Gerry Doherty looked fuming and was shaking his head in the dugout.

This is McCann in a nutshell, what an utter fanny of a man. Get him to far as f**k away from Scottish football.

10 minutes ago, Ylf said:

If McCann goes who would you like to come in? Unsure emoji52.png

Robbie Neilson surely? Although that's unless you believe his success at Hearts was influenced by Levein. 

McCann needs to go if we are to progress. I think we have the players to keep us up, but when he drains their confidence and plays them out of position, what chance do they have?
I though Inniss looked pretty good yesterday, very composed.
Calvin Miller looks like he could give us some width and has a decent cross.
Kenny Miller faded out in the second half, but that was more to do with playing wide right and having no service, than fitness.
Hamilton, Kasunga and Meekings are losing us goals every week. Thank f**k we brought in 2 central defenders and have a solid back up keeper for a new manager coming in because McCann is not going to change out Hamilton.
We need Deacon back to give us width on the right. With everyone fit, I would go with;
Parish
Kerr Inniss Boyle Ralph
Deacon Kamara Madianga C.Miller
K.Miller Kallman
A simple 442 with no passing it out from the back inviting teams on to us, it doesnt work on small Scottish pitches.

I thought c miller give us more down the left in his 20 mins than the rest of the game,the boy looks decent and will do a good job for us

Say what you like but if it was McCann he would be back up and ready for round 2, he didn’t do it out of badness just his firey personality

Understandably a lot of negativity on here.  We need to look at the positives.

Kallman only has to score two more goals in the next 34 games to equal Moussa’s scoring record in the league last season (excluding penalties).  I think he will do it.

Edited by Shadow Play

11 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Say what you like but if it was McCann he would be back up and ready for round 2, he didn’t do it out of badness just his firey personality

Not when he's clearly concurred and the doctor has ruled him out of playing for his own safety.