All things Dundee FC

4 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Let’s not kid ourselves on that St Johnstone are decent either. 

W e may be shite, but we've got 8 points on the board after 6 matches. We've only lost 2 matches all season too - away to top 6 teams from last season.

There might be a motivation problem though, if McCann can talk a good game (and he can in front of the cameras) it might not translate well to footballers who maybe think he is too polished. Some players need a bit of a telling and a bit of a rough edge to their coaches (some don't but I am maybe just trying to play devil's advocate). I felt the same when we had McNamara. He'd clearly had a lot of media training and was very good at convincing people early on amongst the fans and in the press but if it is style over substance then that might mean players start to see through it and the same polished speeches start to wear thin. I also thought he made already soft and nice players even softer and nicer. It's as if he couldn't actually motivate them in a competitive way and we lost out badly against teams that did have that as a result. It might be nice having a very positive chat and informative debate during the week but when it comes to actually getting players fired up and players at a point when they are willing to put in that extra effort then maybe the good speaker bit isn't as effective. 
For what it is worth I still think this Dundee squad is far too good to be in the position that it finds itself in. There is enough in the playing staff to easily finish above two or three teams in the Premiership. There isn't enough to be pushing more organised and established squads but under the right guidance it should be good enough to avoid relegation and the playoff. In saying all that it does have the hallmarks of the season we got relegated. Everyone always thought we had enough in the squad, we then replaced a terrible manager with another and spent a wad of cash on expensive mercenaries. If Guy Demel rocks up at Riverside for training sometime in December then you are probably fucked.

Fair post.

Here’s a question for the Dees.

How does it feel to look at a club like Kilmarnock who have an unbroken quarter of a century in the top flight, won both cups in that time, had zero administration events and who sit 10 points clear of you in the table?

Honestly? I’d love a few years like that.

Those articles are all the proof you need they want us in the same division as united to try and merge the teams. Why else does the United consortium keep holding off? They are also in the states.

Fucking honking of skullduggery.

The United consortium was a complete fabrication if you believe some of the Arabs.

I'm all for critical analysis of our board especially given the club's off pitch history. However i'd be criticising their managerial recruitment before speculating on merger conspiracy theories.

A merger would bring nothing. Utd have no assets to speak of and their players are worse than ours. Any negligible boost in attendances would only be enjoyed long after the Americans sold up and left.

On the whole they are the best board we've had in my, not inconsiderable, lifetime. They seem to want to appoint up and coming managers. Hartley was actually a good appointment but he ran out of ideas, luck and steam. The pursuit of Jack Ross was encouraging but the ultimate appointment of McCann in favour of Ross has been a cluster f**k.

I do like that they give managers time but in doing so they are playing fast and loose with our Prem status- they were lucky, imo, when McCann kept us up in 16-17 and I think that it's a mistake that they are giving McCann so much time now. The longer it goes on the more and more detached we become from 10th and the best we can hope for is a play off place. Can you imagine this team coming through a playoff victorious?

9 hours ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Have to say a conspiracy to get relegated so the two clubs can form a super Dundee American wonder franchise must be verging on heads gone?

It's heads gone.

If your head isn't gone after this weekend's game it's possible you're a closet fermer imo.

My head is so gone I think a dream team of Gordon Strachan and Kingsley are going to swoop in to save us, and what's more will actually succeed due to dilligent use of sunglasses.

9 hours ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Have to say a conspiracy to get relegated so the two clubs can form a super Dundee American wonder franchise must be verging on heads gone?

Heads gone or business heads on?

Owners saying he is not making money when he already thought he would be. Not hitting a target like that is when you pull the plug.

Building the Texas thunderdome up campy will earn them money more through housing and commercial than for us.

My other post about the United consortium keep pulling back. Honestly In the grand scheme of things it's not too far fetched.

Yes the current crop won't be happy but it will be for the folks with kids who want to take them to the football. 

In future generations it would be a gold mine. The yanks care about two things. Oil and money.

Last time I checked there is no oil up campy.

Edited by Crawford

Heads gone or business heads on?
Owners saying he is not making money when he already thought he would be. Not hitting a target like that is when you pull the plug.
Building the Texas thunderdome up campy will earn them money more through housing and commercial than for us.
My other post about the United consortium keep pulling back. Honestly In the grand scheme of things it's not too far fetched.
Yes the current crop won't be happy but it will be for the folks with kids who want to take them to the football. 
In future generations it would be a gold mine. The yanks care about two things. Oil and money.
Last time I checked there is no oil up campy.

I can’t see it. It makes more sense for them to offer the stadium to United too. Having two teams paying rent on the stadium rather than one brings in more money than merging the two clubs.

4 minutes ago, an-dee said:

I can’t see it. It makes more sense for them to offer the stadium to United too. Having two teams paying rent on the stadium rather than one brings in more money than merging the two clubs.

But if you as a collective own both club's that is two sets of overheads and wages and everything else that goes with it. Never in a month of Sundays would I want it to happen but at this time it is the only thing that makes sense to me and why they are okay with all the pish that is going on.

Heads gone actually. Ignore me :thumsup2

Reading Nelms statement, he also says;

“Of course there is a point where it goes too far but that’s not something we would ever discuss.

“It is a business and a harsh business and we are always paying attention to it.

“We will support and continue to support, and try to get everybody behind us.

“We have to get points, we have to score and we have to continue to go down that path until we change paths.”

Now this to me sounds like it is last chance for McCann.

Tick Tock...

3 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Reading Nelms statement, he also says;

“Of course there is a point where it goes too far but that’s not something we would ever discuss.

“It is a business and a harsh business and we are always paying attention to it.

“We will support and continue to support, and try to get everybody behind us.

“We have to get points, we have to score and we have to continue to go down that path until we change paths.”

Now this to me sounds like it is last chance for McCann.

Tick Tock...

Last chance is our last decent chance at three points in the next 4 games.