All things Dundee FC

Heads gone or business heads on?
Owners saying he is not making money when he already thought he would be. Not hitting a target like that is when you pull the plug.
Building the Texas thunderdome up campy will earn them money more through housing and commercial than for us.
My other post about the United consortium keep pulling back. Honestly In the grand scheme of things it's not too far fetched.
Yes the current crop won't be happy but it will be for the folks with kids who want to take them to the football. 
In future generations it would be a gold mine. The yanks care about two things. Oil and money.
Last time I checked there is no oil up campy.
The imagery your post conveys is worthy of a greenie- Crawford at Campy prospecting for oil like some mad Daniel Day Lewis character. The conspiracy talk cancels that out though.

As I say, their managerial appointments are fair game but their willingness to invest in state of the art facilities for the betterment of the club is a strange target, emotions re the departure from Dens notwithstanding.

You sound like one of those Facebook posters that constantly troll the good news articles about the city:

"Just what Dundee needs- another hotel"
"Just what Dundee needs- another cafe"
"Just what Dundee needs- another internationally renowned museum of design that enhances our status as UNESCO World City of Design"

8 minutes ago, kristov said:

The imagery your post conveys is worthy of a greenie- Crawford at Campy prospecting for oil like some mad Daniel Day Lewis character. The conspiracy talk cancels that out though.

As I say, their managerial appointments are fair game but their willingness to invest in state of the art facilities for the betterment of the club is a strange target, emotions re the departure from Dens notwithstanding.

You sound like one of those Facebook posters that constantly troll the good news articles about the city:

"Just what Dundee needs- another internationally renowned museum of design that enhances our status as UNESCO World City of Design"

I might be wrong but what was being questioned was the motive as to why McCann hasn’t been sacked yet rather than the potential move to campy, given, McCanns horrendous record in 2018. 

Nelms statement does seem to make it sound that if we don’t win he is gone. I hope they have someone waiting in the wings. Preferably an experienced manager for me

I might be wrong but what was being questioned was the motive as to why McCann hasn’t been sacked yet rather than the potential move to campy, given, McCanns horrendous record in 2018. 
Nelms statement does seem to make it sound that if we don’t win he is gone. I hope they have someone waiting in the wings. Preferably an experienced manager for me
I hope this whole 'he has x no. of games' is a stalling tactic while the board sound out a replacement.

Love that quote

Im a pragmatist at the best of times too although I loath the keyboard warriors of our city that instantly shoot down positivity within it. These are the type of people that phone the polis on their neighbour cause their bin is too near their drive or on their grass and don’t know how to speak to folk.

Its an opportunity for our city to grow... shame our teams are pish just now though (thats the only reality).

2 hours ago, Muzziedee said:

Alan Stubbs?

3 hours ago, kristov said:

Saw a bit of graffiti on the wall of the Wellgate Centre today.  Two arrows, one pointing one way with “V&A” written beside it.  Another arrow pointing the opposite way with “Foodbank” written beside it.   

Two ways of looking at the V&A I suppose.

20 minutes ago, gregteamdee said:

I've read this article twice about us and it is 100% bang on (I never wrote it). Scary to think the Directors are giving him the Hamilton match. Even if we win, its only covering the cracks until the next defeat within a matter of days or weeks.  

https://provieroadpod.com/2018/09/24/editorial-mccann-must-go/

I have to take issue with "a certain diminutive winger scoring a cheeky lob-cum-cross". 

Cross-cum-lob, Shirley?

Saw a bit of graffiti on the wall of the Wellgate Centre today.  Two arrows, one pointing one way with “V&A” written beside it.  Another arrow pointing the opposite way with “Foodbank” written beside it.   
Hopefully the V&A gives the city the 'PR' that is required to tempt job makers to the city, but yes I take the point.

It's the serial whingers on fb that get my goat, not those who are genuinely struggling.

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

Would have made a great photo

1 hour ago, Bobby_F said:

Alan Stubbs?

I will get ridiculed/slated for who I think should get it but I honestly think Peter Houston should get it if he wants it. Done well at dabs and Falkirk, knows the league. He is a bellend like but if he can turn this season around then I’m happy for him to have it. He is assistant at Scotland U21s and Morton. 

I will get ridiculed/slated for who I think should get it but I honestly think Peter Houston should get it if he wants it. Done well at dabs and Falkirk, knows the league. He is a bellend like but if he can turn this season around then I’m happy for him to have it. He is assistant at Scotland U21s and Morton. 

It’s a reasonable shout. United went down the shitter after he left.

3 hours ago, gregteamdee said:

I've read this article twice about us and it is 100% bang on (I never wrote it). Scary to think the Directors are giving him the Hamilton match. Even if we win, its only covering the cracks until the next defeat within a matter of days or weeks.  

https://provieroadpod.com/2018/09/24/editorial-mccann-must-go/

Can't disagree with any of that article, very well written and absolutely spot on. Just a great  pity no one inside Dens who really matters is likely to read it or do anything about what is glaringly obvious to anyone with even the slightest interest in Scottish football. What McCann and Nelms have said in the press is not just simply wrong, nonsensical and absolute pie in the sky, it's frightening that these people are in charge of a long standing established club who's recent history has been precarious to say the least! I've no confidence left in the management or the board at the moment. Scary times again at DFC!

38 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Peter Houston was trying to say United are a bigger and better club less than a few weeks ago on Sportsound. f**k him.

Houstie kens the score!

Aways knew he was an astute c**t.

Won us the cup you know!!