All things Dundee FC

3 hours ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Championship forum for this pish, c**t.

Unless things change quite dramatically, and very soon, you’re going to know all about the Championship forum next year.

In the meantime, I will scurry off to back to the Championship forum and leave you to post in peace with the big boys......

10 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Unless things change quite dramatically, and very soon, you’re going to know all about the Championship forum next year.

In the meantime, I will scurry off to back to the Championship forum and leave you to post in peace with the big boys......

We’re 6 games in , hardly drastically. Change of tactics and/or manager and we’ll be fine. If it goes on as it is until around December then we are fucked. 

1 hour ago, Ylf said:

Been trying to think who would be the new manager if he gets sacked. I’m really struggling to think of anyone. Slim pickings or what. Not keen on Kenny miller even if it’s temporary. Thoughts?

I think Archie Knox would be a brilliant candidate if he was up for the hassle until the end of the season. Hugely experienced and has that nutter persona about him whilst also having the track record of being a really competent coach. He attends our matches and Nelms is apparently a big fan, I don't know how true it is but people were saying that he had his notebook with him on Saturday so I wouldn't be surprised if he has been briefed.

My worry would be about most appointments is that they would likely command a long-term contract to convince them to take it which could badly backfire in a few months time. We just need someone to come in and sort out the current situation as a matter of urgency.

34 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I think Archie Knox would be a brilliant candidate if he was up for the hassle until the end of the season. Hugely experienced and has that nutter persona about him whilst also having the track record of being a really competent coach. He attends our matches and Nelms is apparently a big fan, I don't know how true it is but people were saying that he had his notebook with him on Saturday so I wouldn't be surprised if he has been briefed.

My worry would be about most appointments is that they would likely command a long-term contract to convince them to take it which could badly backfire in a few months time. We just need someone to come in and sort out the current situation as a matter of urgency.

Could it be that he's been sounded out about coming to the club in another capacity, say as DOF, to guide McCann. In that scenario he could have a big impact on the team and results,  would buy McCann more time and in the process remove the requirement to dish out yet another hefty pay-off. Just thinking out loud really.

18 minutes ago, Dee-funked said:

Could it be that he's been sounded out about coming to the club in another capacity, say as DOF

^This would make a lot of sense to me.

I think McCann has lost the Team and Fans support so he's probably still got to go, but Nelms and Keyes are maybe needing a 'football man' on the board or to advise the board since they are self confessed hobbyists effectively.

2 hours ago, MacArab said:

DFC - Top flight

DUFC- Utter shite (Championship)

Goodbye.

Been trying to think who would be the new manager if he gets sacked. I’m really struggling to think of anyone. Slim pickings or what. Not keen on Kenny miller even if it’s temporary. Thoughts?
Jose is on a shoogly peg - perhaps method in Nelms's madness in hanging on to McCann after all?

I have heard from one source that Archie is being lined up to step in as interim manager - with Barry Smith as his assistant.

12 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
3 hours ago, harry94 said:

I have heard from one source that Archie is being lined up to step in as interim manager - with Barry Smith as his assistant.

allt4.jpg