All things Dundee FC

I don't know about that, he's very highly regarded and would have sell on potential. God knows how he made it into Van Dijk's TOTY going on this seasons reports, unless it's a sly wee nod in trying to get him to go to Celtic.

He wouldn't need much of an invite to go there , he's Celtic daft. How do the development fees get calculated ? He's been at the club since he was 8. I seen some mention on here that Hendrie's fee at Hamilton was bumped up because of his under 21 caps?

Played like that all season to be honest . It's not happened for him, to be fair he was due a dip in form, sadly for us it's came at the worst time and hasn't recovered. It's happened to our other youngsters too, I personally think Tommy Craig destroyed them and they have struggled to recover.

Based on this seasons form id be surprised if another Prem team took the risk on him, looking at 400k in development fees, then again Aberdeen signed McLean so who knows!

It's at this point where the development fee thing can be seen as being detrimental to a players career.

No-one in their right mind will spend that money on McGinn following the season and relegation he has had. His contract is up but he can't just leave and go somewhere else as the cost is prohibitive.

This leaves him stuck with St Mirren and on probably the same wages (assuming St Mirren offer him renewal to protect their investment) whilst dropping a division which can only hinder his international prospects.

I'm not going to pretend I know how the fees are calculated but the SPFL rules give amounts for each year up to a players 19th birthday and say McGinn was at St Mirren from age 11 (youngest on their chart) the total looks like £70k max?!

We know this isn't the case though with Charlie telfer commanding £204k.

No way in hell would I pay 100-200k for John Mcginn. He's been pish every time I've seen him play this season.

Gowser was poor for us last season, too, and you guys seem happy with him (though I know he came on a free). McGinn is much younger and would have decent resale value.

McGinn is a talented young lad playing in one of the worst teams the top flight has seen. He is still the same guy who bossed Wanyama at Hampden. I think he could get a game at Celtic still: maybe two years at Dees with his family would be the right stepping stone.

Raging at this. Off to Turkey on the 21st of May, miss derby, Speroni testimonial and POTY :(

No one forced you to book your holiday on that date.

Please get your priorities correct in future. Football>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Family.

Thank you.

http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/sport/dundee-fc/former-dundee-keeper-sacked-by-united-after-derby-comments-1.863638

Sorry if posted already but it seems the DABs have taken offence to Jocky's very own bawbag buffer Soapy Soutar making some pro Dee comments on Facebook.

Poor show by the dayglos, imo?

Speroni testimonial day after. Load of boys won't be at game.

Speroni testimonial is on the Tuesday. Most people I know are travelling down on the Monday or Tuesday morning, so easy enough to go to the derby as well.

Fantastic set of fixtures, though, with 4/5 in Dundee and the 5th being live on Sky.

I could see a lot of supporters' clubs not bothering with buses and instead organising events in the pubs they're affiliated with.

It's at this point where the development fee thing can be seen as being detrimental to a players career.

No-one in their right mind will spend that money on McGinn following the season and relegation he has had. His contract is up but he can't just leave and go somewhere else as the cost is prohibitive.

This leaves him stuck with St Mirren and on probably the same wages (assuming St Mirren offer him renewal to protect their investment) whilst dropping a division which can only hinder his international prospects.

I'm not going to pretend I know how the fees are calculated but the SPFL rules give amounts for each year up to a players 19th birthday and say McGinn was at St Mirren from age 11 (youngest on their chart) the total looks like £70k max?!

We know this isn't the case though with Charlie telfer commanding £204k.

It was the same with McLean last season. He waited for offers throughout the summer but the fee put clubs off and he ended up signing with us again with the agreement if someone met the development fee we'd let him go.

It is a batshit rule. Don't know how the hell Accies got £1m for Hendrie.