All things Dundee FC

8 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

I've said before and will say again: I think mandianga is a decent player and well worth another chance. Seems a much better option than what we currently have...

He has a total cannon for a foot. That's all I know about him really. 

Seems a bit clueless at times but so did Hemmings the first time I saw him. Actually thought he was shit in fairness.

See how wrong I was.

Edited by Crawford
I can't make a coherent comment to save my life.

21 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Does anyone actually think that Charlie Adam would be a decent signing for Dundee? I get that he's a Dundee lad and all that but it's the totally wrong signing for you imo. 

Never seen him play but he looks old and a bit portly for the fast paced frantic Scottish game.

I'm sure he is good but the game up here is faster than the one south of the border.

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Does anyone actually think that Charlie Adam would be a decent signing for Dundee? I get that he's a Dundee lad and all that but it's the totally wrong signing for you imo. 

We're really lacking in defensive midfield right now - I actually think that's the biggest problem area tbh. A 10% arsed Kamara could play a bit of football and could effortlessly glide around the pitch, I am in the minority with it but even when he clearly wasn't interested in the last two games, he was still better than what we have.

Charlie Adam would pretty much be the ideal perfect technical footballer to come in and unlike any others that we have, he actually plays the ball at a very fast pace and goes forward all the time. He also has the ability to play a long pass to switch play in an instant which we don't really have. In addition to all of that, he's actually got a bit of bite to his play as well and will murder someone every so often.

The thing is, it's too good to be true. He won't be coming to Dundee as Stoke will appoint a competent manager and he'll be a key player there in the next six months or so. I'm not just saying that because I have a soft spot for him, he pisses off people and he's unfashionable but he is a class player - I remember coming up against Spain's World Cup winning squad and Xavi talking in the press about how we had one of the best technical players in the world. That sounds totally ridiculous to think of now but people do forget how highly rated he was a few years ago and I suspect that opinions are maybe warped by Kenny Dalglish managing him at Liverpool and being utterly incompetent in his second spell and well out of touch.

Whatever happens, we need at least two players in centre midfield or we will be relegated. I think in any other position, we could hobble something together but having young fast wingers and competent forwards doesn't really matter if we're not able to get the possession in dangerous areas and lose the ball in the worst possible places (Cammy Kerr for example hasn't been great this season but when you look at him consistently getting shit distribution on his weak side with three oncoming players, it's no wonder he seems to have struggled a bit).

We're really lacking in defensive midfield right now - I actually think that's the biggest problem area tbh. A 10% arsed Kamara could play a bit of football and could effortlessly glide around the pitch, I am in the minority with it but even when he clearly wasn't interested in the last two games, he was still better than what we have.
Charlie Adam would pretty much be the ideal perfect technical footballer to come in and unlike any others that we have, he actually plays the ball at a very fast pace and goes forward all the time. He also has the ability to play a long pass to switch play in an instant which we don't really have. In addition to all of that, he's actually got a bit of bite to his play as well and will murder someone every so often.
The thing is, it's too good to be true. He won't be coming to Dundee as Stoke will appoint a competent manager and he'll be a key player there in the next six months or so. I'm not just saying that because I have a soft spot for him, he pisses off people and he's unfashionable but he is a class player - I remember coming up against Spain's World Cup winning squad and Xavi talking in the press about how we had one of the best technical players in the world. That sounds totally ridiculous to think of now but people do forget how highly rated he was a few years ago and I suspect that opinions are maybe warped by Kenny Dalglish managing him at Liverpool and being utterly incompetent in his second spell and well out of touch.
Whatever happens, we need at least two players in centre midfield or we will be relegated. I think in any other position, we could hobble something together but having young fast wingers and competent forwards doesn't really matter if we're not able to get the possession in dangerous areas and lose the ball in the worst possible places (Cammy Kerr for example hasn't been great this season but when you look at him consistently getting shit distribution on his weak side with three oncoming players, it's no wonder he seems to have struggled a bit).

Harry I totally agree.

Let’s be honest and realistic, there’s not a chance Charlie Adam will sign for us, certainly in this window, but to suggest he is somehow not what we need, or not quick enough, or fit enough is just plain madness. If he played for us he’d look like Maradona in 86 (inside Maradona’s body of 2018).

gleeson must be loan for 6 months i would think..surprised if this is true,    ,    but if he does go    you are getting decent player .. has not played much for us 
but  when he has been called on   he has played well ..   will be a good signing for dundee.

Interesting grammar but thanks for the info nonetheless!