All things Dundee FC

Has there been a more detestable Dee in recent memory than Woods? I’m trying not to let recency bias cloud my memory: Hateley I hated with a passion but I think I’d rather have him that the charlatan that is Woods.

Useless on the ball, yet fancies himself as a player. Loves the Hollywood shots and passes which he cannot execute and he actually makes sure he is marked when others have the ball. An absolute imposter. Can anyone think of a more hated player?

If he was 18, you’d think there’s a player with real potential there. Unfortunately he’s 33 (or whatever) and what you see is what you will ever get. He should dominate possession, but backs to the wall he hides. Imposter is right.

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Full Time in SPFL Reserve League - Greenock Morton 2 Dundee 0

I take it we dont give two fucks about the reserve team. I could be way off but dont seem to be doing very well

They had a cracking season, all the best of the crop fed out on loan and that's it. Most of them will be sold to the Angus clubs for a few grand.

2 hours ago, Hendo said:

With about 20 minutes to go on Saturday you got a free kick about 30 yards out, and Woods stood over it. I thought of this thread and the universal verdict of how bad he was at set pieces, and immediately reckoned it was inevitable that you would score.

Of course, the ball was chipped out for a goal kick, miles from any Dundee players, with Woods remonstrating with them as if it was their fault.

2 hours ago, Yenitit said:

I don’t necessarily mind his play in midfield, it’s his taking virtually every set piece that is doing my tits in. Hits the wall, put’s it over the bar or hits the 1st man. Yet McIntyre lets him take pretty much everything. Maybe his shittyness at set pieces is clouding over my judgement of the guy an needs removed from them ASAP  

Has there been a worse regular set piece expert at Dens, ever?

Wasn't just his set pieces on Saturday.

Three times either side of half time we'd worked the ball well into St Mirren's final third, we had plenty bodies forward, and the ball was played back to him in miles of space in the centre of the pitch. Under no pressure at all, he either blootered a thirty yard shot nowhere near the target, or gave the ball way with a hopelessly inept pass nowhere near a single Dundee player.

He's utterly killing this team single-handedly. We don't need a world-beater in those circumstances, just a neat and tidy CM who cycles possession until space opens up. He's not just crap, he's indefensibly bad, completely incompetent at the basics. There's no defending McIntyre continually picking him.

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:
1 hour ago, Crawford said:
They had a cracking season, all the best of the crop fed out on loan and that's it. Most of them will be sold to the Angus clubs for a few grand.

Was that not the under 18s who did well ?

Could have swore it was the old U21 squad before it got rebranded the reserve league. Could have been the 18s.

20 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Could have swore it was the old U21 squad before it got rebranded the reserve league. Could have been the 18s.

It's no coincidence that it's went off the rails slightly since Jimmy Boyle left that role. That's his area of expertise. The new guy that was appointed a month or so back will be putting his own ideas on the system. (It'll set us back a wee bit - but what can we do if Boyle was McIntyre's second choice?)

He would have certainly done more for the team at centre half than Meekings and Davies.  Both players who will be on considerably more wages.

He might have played more but i’m not sure he would have contributed any more. Kerr Waddell is not the answer to our problems, nowhere near it and certainly not any better than O’Dea or McGowan.

Meekings was nothing special before he got crocked. Was it not him that made the mistake for Tony Watt's goal some time last year?

For the amount of money you imagine he'll be on I'd get rid.

Edited by Louis Litt

13 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:
13 hours ago, Crawford said:

Was that not the under 18s who did well ?

The reserves were doing well until McIntyre cleared most of them out and went with basically an under 18 team. Unsurprisingly, hardly won a game since.

I'm reserving judgement on Meekings. He was previously one of the best CH's in the league. It could be that his injuries have finished him. It could also be that he's not a ball playing CH at all and couldn't cope with McCann's style of play.

Slightly controversial but I don't think Ryan McGowan has improved our defence at all. I'd go as far as saying I prefer O'Dea over him.

Can’t think of a player apart from Nelson and O’Sullivan that McIntyre has signed that I rate.

Thankfully most are only on loan, but he has saddled us with the ultimate donkey in Curran for two and a half god damn shameful years. A striker who makes me miss Moussa, that’s never a good thing. And his lover Woods better be a damn good lay, there can be no other reason for him playing every game. 

Between Nelms, McCann and McIntyre, they have wasted god knows how much money, pissed off 80% of the fans, and almost certainly relegated us. Some going. 

2 hours ago, Louis Litt said:

Meekings was nothing special before he got crocked. Was it not him that made the mistake for Tony Watt's goal some time last year?

For the amount of money you imagine he'll be on I'd get rid.

Aye, there were at least two occasions in that match where he was a few yards deeper than the rest of your defence. Him being so deep allowed Watt to get a head start on Caulker for the goal.

1 hour ago, Dele said:

Club offering a 4 payment season ticket plan. 

Decent. We'll done to them for that. 

I like that. It is a lot of money for folk to stump up working or otherwise. 

I imagine the price is going to stay the same even if we get relegated. More matches to justify the cost.

44 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

I take it they extended the freeze due to probably naebody buying a season ticket within 2 weeks

The pay up method might prove popular. Don't know how it works just yet as I've only just heard about it this second but people who couldn't get finance before or have bad credit might have a chance at getting a ST.

Edit - Just had a look and you decide the initial payment and then 3 further payments to make up the balance.

It's monthly from when you take the form to the ticket office and make your first payment.

Edited by Crawford

see folk speaking about meekings here..i personally think he can become a very good defender for us IF he is allowed to play his normal game...ie defend 1st...a game v st johnstone last season he tried to let a ball run 20 yards out of play...it didn't go out and they scored....meekings at inverness would just have launched it into the stand...McCann had him playing a game he was uncomfortable doing.

When Meekings signed, I expected a good player, but I wasn’t aware of his form at ICT, it was based purely on people’s reactions to him signing. 

He really was dreadful though, decent herbal life salesman, but a terrible player. 

McCann can be blamed for loads of things, but Meekings just didn’t have a brain, he didn’t look capable of performing at all.