All things Dundee FC

Despite having next to no knowledge of Scottish football Nelms has been given three chances to get the right manager.  He has failed spectacularly each time.  What makes it worse is every time he appoints a new manager he changes what qualities / experience he says he was looking for when making his decision.

In terms of managerial appointments and playing his part in ensuring the player budget is wisely used (in terms of contracts, purchases and sales etc) there can be little argument that Nelms has fallen well short of what is required.

Hope it's announced today just to get it over and done with. Realistically, he's an unnecessary wage at this point. We'll finish in the play-offs (And get papped out) with or without him tbh.

4 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Seeing as World War 3 has just started in the last 15 minutes I think it’s only fair to stop the league season now and call everything that’s happened nil and void. 

Big Forster stopping bullets wi his foreheid. Cannot wait. 

Hamilton still stopping fuckall. 

What happens if that manager fails, do we then call for Strachan's head as well as Nelms'? 

I reserve the right to demand the head of any cunto if we don’t win the Champions League. Being second just means your first of the leavers.

McPake seems thick and clueless, Jimmy Nichol looks like and old man and seems feenished and I’m beginning to wonder if Strachan has turned into a bit of a caricature.

Stewart Petrie remains a ‘person of interest’ to me. However if we appoint him I also reserve the right to call for his head after 3 games if we don’t win then all by at least 3 zip.

What happens if that manager fails, do we then call for Strachan's head as well as Nelms'? 

Do we know what Strachan actually does? Nelms clearly doesn’t have a clue about football. Like a poster has said, he keeps changing his criteria on what kind of manager we wanted. We went for young and unproven (McCann) when that didn’t work he said he’d created some sort of formula to arrive at the perfect manager which was apparently Jim McIntyre (fucking hell) and now he’s gone back to young and unproven which is proving to be another major calamity.

I reserve the right to demand the head of any cunto if we don’t win the Champions League. Being second just means your first of the leavers.

McPake seems thick and clueless, Jimmy Nichol looks like and old man and seems feenished and I’m beginning to wonder if Strachan has turned into a bit of a caricature.

Stewart Petrie remains a ‘person of interest’ to me. However if we appoint him I also reserve the right to call for his head after 3 games if we don’t win then all by at least 3 zip.

What’s yer man who was in Indonesia (is that right?) up to these days?

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

Nelms clearly doesn’t have a clue about football. Like a poster has said, he keeps changing his criteria on what kind of manager we wanted. We went for young and unproven (McCann) when that didn’t work he said he’d created some sort of formula to arrive at the perfect manager which was apparently Jim McIntyre (fucking hell) 

Can't really blame him for McIntyre. Plenty of fans on the forums thought he was a clever appointment. 

McCann was a shot in the dark after he helped retain Premiership status. I still stand by the opinion that we wouldn't be where we are now if we had stuck by him. 

McPake was fucking mental, looking back. I thought it'd be good due to Strachan being more hands on, that doesn't seem to be the case. Coupled with Nicholl (from the outside looking in) offering little, it's just been a clusterfuck. This season was always a rebuild and consolidate job, Aim for the playoffs. We are in the play offs but we are not far enough through a rebuild to be happy, IMO. 

Can't really blame him for McIntyre. Plenty of fans on the forums thought he was a clever appointment. 
McCann was a shot in the dark after he helped retain Premiership status. I still stand by the opinion that we wouldn't be where we are now if we had stuck by him. 
McPake was fucking mental, looking back. I thought it'd be good due to Strachan being more hands on, that doesn't seem to be the case. Coupled with Nicholl (from the outside looking in) offering little, it's just been a clusterfuck. This season was always a rebuild and consolidate job, Aim for the playoffs. We are in the play offs but we are not far enough through a rebuild to be happy, IMO. 

I dot read many forums but I thought the vast majority were totally against McIntyres appointment. I remember going through to his first game away to Livingston totally disheartened that he’s been given the job and that was before we were skudded 4-0. I agree regarding McCann but not sure he had the right temperament to be a manager long term. He began to fall out with everyone it seemed when things weren’t going right.

McPake isn’t working and won’t ever work imo so we’re as well to just get rid asap. Halfway through the season and we still don’t look like a team, it’s 11 individuals out there.

I’d still be keen go go back to Hartley. I know it didn’t end the best with him but he was the last manager to actually get going in the right direction.

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

Really? Only Dundee could have an actual proven manager running the kids and a no mark managing the actual football team. Some laugh.

I'm pretty sure Strachan's own conditions for coming to the club was that he gets to focus on creating his perfect youth academy, with any other business being cursory at best. Tbf to everyone at the club, this was probably always gonna be the case. Strachan doesn't want to manage anymore.

I'm pretty sure Strachan's own conditions for coming to the club was that he gets to focus on creating his perfect youth academy, with any other business being cursory at best. Tbf to everyone at the club, this was probably always gonna be the case. Strachan doesn't want to manage anymore.

I thought he was supposed to be some sort of direction of football lending advice to McPake. A sort of mentor whereby he didn’t have to do the full time job as a manager but would be there to assist.

2 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I thought he was supposed to be some sort of direction of football lending advice to McPake. A sort of mentor whereby he didn’t have to do the full time job as a manager but would be there to assist.

Main focus is to develop youth talent, while offering advice if asked.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/49042815