All things Dundee FC

41 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Ross, even better with no sponsorship logo, sparse classic lines and DFC loud and proud!!!

Regards002.thumb.JPG.b92e15c19b27cb76bd9d00de08f09357.JPG 

Size? I'd buy that off you if you would consider selling. 

45 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Size? I'd buy that off you if you would consider selling. 

Thanks for the offer Sweeper, however this is one of the few I still wear.  

Superb shirt on a warm day, wouldn't be as keen on a winters' day in the pissing rain, lol. 

Cheers though my man.

So what do we think the board will do regarding the spfl vote?

I’d like to see a statement released by the club stating which way they opt to go for but the Americans have been quite quiet regarding issues in the past bar the statement last week.

Hopefully they say no and I assume they will.

16 minutes ago, Moo said:

So what do we think the board will do regarding the spfl vote?

I’d like to see a statement released by the club stating which way they opt to go for but the Americans have been quite quiet regarding issues in the past bar the statement last week.

Hopefully they say no and I assume they will.

I would imagine they will vote against it. It would be voting away the play offs to go for it.

I'm not sure they will vote against it.

They will likely want the uncertainty sorted out to plan for the restart and if anything getting United out of the league and not relegating Hearts would probably be the best scenario for us when a new season finally gets going. (probably still make an arse of it)

The only thing is that like the other clubs in a play off spot there is that slight chance of going up, maybe they will be offered a bit of extra cash to accept the plan.

1 minute ago, eindhovendee said:

I'm not sure they will vote against it.

They will likely want the uncertainty sorted out to plan for the restart and if anything getting United out of the league and not relegating Hearts would probably be the best scenario for us when a new season finally gets going. (probably still make an arse of it)

The only thing is that like the other clubs in a play off spot there is that slight chance of going up, maybe they will be offered a bit of extra cash to accept the plan.

According to STV and Raith's chairman there's a massive division in this league between for and against.

We'd have to be the prime candidate other than Partick Thistle to be against it.

10 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I'd imagine you, The Caley and Partick will be 3 no's right off the bat. Possibly Dunfermline too which would scupper the plan. 

You think Caley would vote 'no'? I'd have thought an immediate payoff and potential league reconstruction would be enough to swing a 'yes'. Is there anything I'm missing aside from missing the playoffs?

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

You think Caley would vote 'no'? I'd have thought an immediate payoff and potential league reconstruction would be enough to swing a 'yes'. Is there anything I'm missing aside from missing the playoffs?

I may have misread the plan then, missed the league construction bit. I thought they were just desperate to promote United. 

10 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I don't see how teams need an instant pay off and the league reconstruction is just being offered as a discussion.

7 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I don't see how teams need an instant pay off and the league reconstruction is just being offered as a discussion.

Caley are skint as f**k is my point. They're in 'rescue mode', and I'm sure any cash now would be appreciated regardless of circumstance by them I'd imagine. Also, you'd imagine ICT would be interested in league reconstruction.

17 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I may have misread the plan then, missed the league construction bit. I thought they were just desperate to promote United. 

Bollocks, wish you'd been the Caley rep voting before I told you that.

The will be rejected as they are going about it the wrong way.

Sort out reconstruction first, then give games time to be played and then go for the points per game if it becomes clear that games cannot be played (Set a deadline in the future but it does not need to be now)

Team need the cash now so pay out prize money now before teams go to the wall.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Caley are skint as f**k is my point. They're in 'rescue mode', and I'm sure any cash now would be appreciated regardless of circumstance by them I'd imagine. Also, you'd imagine ICT would be interested in league reconstruction.

Yeah, but they wouldn't have this money for another couple of months anyway. They are not spending any right now so why do they need it straight away?

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Yeah, but they wouldn't have this money for another couple of months anyway. They are not spending any right now so why do they need it straight away?

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Inverness also have Scot Gardiner running them.

I genuinely think the promise of reconstruction discussion might be enough to pull their vote, regardless of how desperate they are to get the money in right now.

zero money through the gates for a month, some teams are running so close to the wire that that will tip them over.

I think if clubs accepted a cash pay out now and then let the league run and opened discussions on the reconstruction there may be a consensus .

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

I genuinely think the promise of reconstruction discussion might be enough to pull their vote, regardless of how desperate they are to get the money in right now.

Would that promise be worth the paper its written on?

The other clubs could say we had a discussion, we did not like what was said tough luck.

They are better to say no and keep the league open.

Just now, realmadrid said:

Would that promise be worth the paper its written on?

The other clubs could say we had a discussion, we did not like what was said tough luck.

They are better to say no and keep the league open.

Hope you're right, don't want this passing. Just feel pessimistic about how this will eventually go down.