All things Dundee FC

That's literally all i can remember about him.

I can’t even remember that.

What about players who turned out to be a pleasant surprise.

Brian Irvine - thought of as a bit of a donkey for Aberdeen - excellent for us.

Steven Boyack - came through the ranks at the Blue cuntos, lost his way a bit. Had one sublime season for us, then disappeared.

*Steven Boyack - came through the ranks at the Blue cuntos, lost his way a bit. Had one sublime season for us, then disappeared.

*Apparently he eventually played 60 games for Hearts. No recollection of that either.

3 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Steven Boyack - came through the ranks at the Blue cuntos, lost his way a bit. Had one sublime season for us, then disappeared.

I'm going to say George Shaw and Gerry Britton. IIRC we bought them off the back of the money we got for Billy Dodds. I just remember the support in general being on a massive downer at losing the prolific jug-eared c**t however Shaw and Britton I felt were superb for us almost from the word go. 

Also Eddie Gallagher. Signed from Queens Park (i think?), scored something like 5 goals in his first game and a half. He tailed off a bit after that but still a more than useful striker. 

You could probably even put Tommy Coyne himself into that list. Fringe player for the DABs, signed for comparative buttons. I remember him getting dog's abuse from our end in a derby in late 86/87. He had an awful game and missed two absolute sitters in a 1-1 draw which also featured the wonderful Stuart Rafferty score a penalty in front of us, Iain Ferguson miss one in front of us and a hilariously bad og from Bobby Glennie. Coyne went on to score a few at the tail end of that season, and of course went absolutely tits the following season. I think he had around 30 before New Year. 

Ivo Den Biemen I thought would be shit at Premier Division level but was actually a really useful if unconventional winger. Great performances in 92/93 esp in the 4-3 win against Rangers, won a late penalty to win the first derby at Tannadice and provided the funniest "strikers" challenge I've ever seen by almost cutting Walter Kidd in half right in front of the Derry. 

Michael Pageaud - Lots of "Why have we signed that DAB reject" stuff at the time but he went on to be a bit of a cult hero. Unfortunately when he made a mistake it tended to be utterly catastrophic. Brilliant shot stopper though. 

9 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Nicky Banger

Sebastian Kneissl

Joel Kitamarike

Vince Mennie

Chris Casement

Alan Campbell

Luka Tankulic

Jan Zemlik

Kelvin Jack

Netan Sansara

Mennie would probably be the star man in our current team! 

2 hours ago, locheedee said:

Any idea of how the 10m of grants is likely to get split between non prem teams?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/55254701

I think they said the Premier League team’s are only getting a loan but the rest are getting grants. Not sure what the monetary value to each club is but I don’t it’ll me much if there’s only £30m for all sports. 

Edited by Yenitit

I'm going to say George Shaw and Gerry Britton. IIRC we bought them off the back of the money we got for Billy Dodds. I just remember the support in general being on a massive downer at losing the prolific jug-eared c**t however Shaw and Britton I felt were superb for us almost from the word go. 
Also Eddie Gallagher. Signed from Queens Park (i think?), scored something like 5 goals in his first game and a half. He tailed off a bit after that but still a more than useful striker. 
You could probably even put Tommy Coyne himself into that list. Fringe player for the DABs, signed for comparative buttons. I remember him getting dog's abuse from our end in a derby in late 86/87. He had an awful game and missed two absolute sitters in a 1-1 draw which also featured the wonderful Stuart Rafferty score a penalty in front of us, Iain Ferguson miss one in front of us and a hilariously bad og from Bobby Glennie. Coyne went on to score a few at the tail end of that season, and of course went absolutely tits the following season. I think he had around 30 before New Year. 
Ivo Den Biemen I thought would be shit at Premier Division level but was actually a really useful if unconventional winger. Great performances in 92/93 esp in the 4-3 win against Rangers, won a late penalty to win the first derby at Tannadice and provided the funniest "strikers" challenge I've ever seen by almost cutting Walter Kidd in half right in front of the Derry. 
Michael Pageaud - Lots of "Why have we signed that DAB reject" stuff at the time but he went on to be a bit of a cult hero. Unfortunately when he made a mistake it tended to be utterly catastrophic. Brilliant shot stopper though. 

Agree with all of them. Loved Pageaud. Felt he could save anything. Shaw and Britton really put in a shift. Also fond memories of Ivo ‘Non Stick’ Den Biemen. Nice touch.

The Coyne/Wright partnership is up there as one of the best we've had in the past 40 years.

17 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

That reads to me like he's wanting a deal ASAP.

18 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

One on one with the keeper (which happened a lot) he never missed, nippy little skilful fucker.

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

I think they said the Premier League team’s are only getting a loan but the rest are getting grants. Not sure what the monetary value to each club is but I don’t it’ll me much if there’s only £30m for all sports. 

The prem are getting 20m split as loans - one of the DABs had it as 1.66m each but I suspect thats just guesswork.

Was just wondering how they'd do it for the 10m in grants. Presumably they can't split it like prize money given the positions are changing but I'd guess the championship will get more than League 1 & they'll get more each than League 2...

Be interesting to see whether everyone would get some or only those the meet a criteria of needing it. Sods law that will rule us out coz we get out insurance payout