All things Dundee FC

23 hours ago, Fifespud said:

I thought we were all pretty much agreed? The manager is shit, the squad are a bit shit, the results are very shit, the CEO is shit. But f**k it we are all still Dundee fans, we all love this club. We’ll have our day in the sun eventually lads.

Nah! With a proper manager, and just one or two players, to make Tommy Wright's system work, we could win a play off - and enjoy our day in the sun sooner rather than later. Listening Nelms? 

On 12/12/2020 at 22:31, Fifespud said:

I thought we were all pretty much agreed? The manager is shit, the squad are a bit shit, the results are very shit, the CEO is shit. But f**k it we are all still Dundee fans, we all love this club. We’ll have our day in the sun eventually lads.

Only 5.4 billion years til the sun turns into a red giant and puts us out of our misery

28 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

It seems like aside from being a miserable b*****d and assaulting females with shoes, former Dundee loanee Riccardo Calder also fancies having a go at rapping. 

<span> 😲

🤪

Rap music has never been the same since they dropped the silent "c" from the front of "rap".

3 hours ago, Louis Litt said:

It seems like aside from being a miserable b*****d and assaulting females with shoes, former Dundee loanee Riccardo Calder also fancies having a go at rapping. 

Is there anything he can do?

Looks like if McPake is still in a job on Jan 1st then Stanton will be signed.
Why can't we sign him now ? What's with the wait. [emoji23] if i recall correctly we had that ex celt LB church on trial in the summer for weeks on end before not offering him a deal. Hope we sign Stanton though.

Expect McGhee to play the same role against Dunfermline on Saturday, McPake comparing him with Murray Davidson. Clearly showed some promise in the role on Saturday, so hopefully he can replicate it.

Despite the injuries for Gowser, Mullen and Jakubiak, McPake says they're all looking "promising" for the Pars game. Afolabi should be available too, didn't make the bench last week after having only trained for one day. Will play a bounce game this week along with Callum Moore who's also returning. Legzdins also suffered a setback last week but is potentially available too, though I doubt he's getting in the first team with the form that Hamilton is in.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/1813210/dundee-boss-james-mcpake-says-jordan-mcghee-can-make-box-to-box-midfield-slot-his-own-and-be-the-dark-blues-murray-davidson/

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Expect McGhee to play the same role against Dunfermline on Saturday, McPake comparing him with Murray Davidson. Clearly showed some promise in the role on Saturday, so hopefully he can replicate it.

Despite the injuries for Gowser, Mullen and Jakubiak, McPake says they're all looking "promising" for the Pars game. Afolabi should be available too, didn't make the bench last week after having only trained for one day. Will play a bounce game this week along with Callum Moore who's also returning. Legzdins also suffered a setback last week but is potentially available too, though I doubt he's getting in the first team with the form that Hamilton is in.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/1813210/dundee-boss-james-mcpake-says-jordan-mcghee-can-make-box-to-box-midfield-slot-his-own-and-be-the-dark-blues-murray-davidson/

I'll take "Things you would never expect a Dundee fan to say" for £500, please....

37 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

I'll take "Things you would never expect a Dundee fan to say" for £500, please....

Gobsmacked I read that 😂

That’s 3 times I’ve saw McGhee play that position for us and I think he’s been not far off the best player on the park each time. 

Well at least somebody at the club is recognising that at least one box-two-box type is exactly what our midfield is missing, but I'm not convinced McGhee is the answer. Time will tell though, and it's not beyond the realms of possibility it does work out.

Edited by Boo Khaki

41 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Gobsmacked I read that 😂

That’s 3 times I’ve saw McGhee play that position for us and I think he’s been not far off the best player on the park each time. 

Very much this. To me he looks like a CM playing CB, and certainly didn't look like a CB playing CM. Shades of Mark O'Hara's goal v the **** there.