All things Dundee FC

McGowan's tag come off yesterday I think (order was 16 weeks and sentencing was on 15th April) . Think the whole 12th date was confusion caused by someone asking if he'd miss the derby.

Cool. Time to change my avatar now as I kept it for the duration of his liberty restriction order as a show of solidarity with my copper kicking brother.

It'll be a sad day when Hartley goes :(

I wonder when that will be. He is clearly a very focused man and has stated previously that he has a project that he wants to see though at Dens so at least he is looking to stay for the time being. Not sure what his next step might be, I'm hoping he sees that Scottish managers going down South is never an easy prospect so that bodes well for him staying put and maybe ensuring a few top six finishes, some cup success and maybe a European spot with Dundee? That article only furthers the impression that he still sees a few seasons here at the very least.

I wrote a massive post on the TheDarkBlues detailing potential and likely candidates should we lose our Dear Leader at the end of this season. Safe to say, it made me fucking terrified at the prospect of losing Hartley. Here it is for anyone who is even slightly interested:

Personally don't think our fans would be overjoyed with that (Harry94 mentioned the similarities between Darren Young in the lower leagues and Hartley) and I think he's going to have a struggle in League One this season rather than show the success that Hartley did.

If Hartley were to leave at the end of this season, I'd like us to give consideration to the following managers in Scotland:

James Fowler (QotS manager)

Stephen Aitken (Dumbarton manager)

Ian Murray (St Mirren manager)

There's a couple of other names that could be linked depending on the seasons they have this year, but I wouldn't exactly be thrilled about it:

Ray McKinnon (Raith manager)

Allan Johnston (Dunfermline manager)

Danny Lennon (Alloa manager)

Barry Ferguson (Clyde manager)

Stuart McLaren (Stirling manager)

And no doubt if Morton got to the play-offs we'd have the horrific Jim Duffy shouts.

None of those names are particularly inspiring so let's look at some managers out of work but have been linked with top flight jobs in the not so distant past:

Billy Stark

Steven Pressley

John McGlynn

Bobby Williamson

Peter Grant

Jimmy Calderwood.

Stuart McCall - Ivan would be happy.

I think with the list of names I'm listing, I think we can all hope Hartley stays on for a while yet as there's some absolute shockers that I've listed so far!

Then there's looking Down South and depending on how they do this season, there's a few managers that are well known to Dundee:

Barry Smith (Aldershot manager)

Derek Adams (Plymouth manager)

Then there's youngish managers in League 2 and below we could look at such as:

Ian Hendon (Bristol Rovers manager) - Took over in March 2014 when they were all but doomed to relegation to the Conference, apparently plays a great, exciting style of football and got them promoted to League 2 again at first attempt through the play-offs.

John Still (Luton Town manager) He'd be a shock appointment, but if we want to bring in young players then this 65 year old would be in one of the best places to do so as he has a huge reputation for youth spotting and this would be a steady appointment for say 1 or 2 seasons until we were ready to promote from within. Would be particularly useful if we were going down the ICT route. Here's a look at his wiki: Link.

Chris Wilder (Northampton Town manager) 47 and credited as the man that got Oxford United into the football league and kept them there and developed the squad so much so that they should thrive. Took over at Northampton with them perilously close to being relegated and dramatically kept them in the league as well.

Again - not a whole lot to be inspired with, so we'd have to then look inwards or look for a foreign manager. Potential candidates within the club include:

Eddie Johnson (U20's manager) - Seems to have been chosen by the Americans as that's where he ended his career and also favours a ball on the deck style.

James McPake - Been helping coach the team since he signed and I'm sure I swear remembering a rumour that said he was potentially being groomed as Hartley's replacement at one point, but hopefully not for a long while yet.

Kevin Thomson - Knows a lot about the game and is our current captain. Has had a well decorated career and would earn respect one would think.

Gerry McCabe - His last appointment was a disastrous spell with Dumbarton in which he apparently offered square goes to fans outside the stadium at one point. Seems a well respected coach and traditionally assistants are the one's that take over if our board were particularly lazy.

In summary: After writing this massive post, it's just made me fear losing Hartley even more! None of them really sound like sound choices!

Very, very happy with Julen Inglesias. He can be my hero.

He was coming right through the back of their big striker first half and winning it every time.

Less impressive 2nd half but do was everyone. I enjoyed his performance today.

Some fucking belting challenges from thommo as well but he was culpable for their 2nd with an awful free kick.

Will Loy be back for the derby? One upfront gives me the fear

Was he injured? I assumed he was dropped to accommodate McGowan. I said at the game, when Gowser leaves us/retires, I'm getting his face tattooed on my anatomy and I am 100% serious. I fucking love the wee basket case. Good too see Dynamite at half time, too.

Was he injured? I assumed he was dropped to accommodate McGowan. I said at the game, when Gowser leaves us/retires, I'm getting his face tattooed on my anatomy and I am 100% serious. I fucking love the wee basket case. Good too see Dynamite at half time, too.

Groin injury for Loy.

See gowser bang on HT? Our corner cleared to him on the edge and as he drives in ref blows.

He went fucking apeshit!! Superb. Love the guy.