All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, The Derry said:

Celtic and Rangers are the only guaranteed teams that'll finish above us next season.  I'd imagine Perth Saints as well, but everyone else is fucking stinking.  Get in aboot this league Dundee.

Thank you.

Totally agree there's nothing to fear in this league. Full of shite.

Livi, St Mirren, County, DABs, St Johnstone.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

48 minutes ago, The Derry said:

We'll absolutely finish above, County, Livi, United, St Mirren and Motherwell.  

Agree, there again St Mirren are looking quite streetwise under Jim Goodwin.

However allowing if Robbie-boy survives most of the season, you forgot to list Heart of Midlothian. Superb name for a very proud club, however shit manager and they know it.

Awaiting the next signings with excitement, Greg Stewart first with euphoria, anyone else will be with polite applause.

Regards

14 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

If GGS was going to sign, wouldn’t he have been here by now? Either that or we aren’t his first choice.

Bottom line is as listed below whilst obviously trying to retain a positive, selfish Dark Blue outlook.

If handsome Greg signs happy days indeed, if not highlight the fact he's not actually Dark Blue however Light Blue and sign James McPake's other good mate Robert Snodgrass who ignored our offer in 2008 and signed for then League One Leeds United. What was the feller thinking about, I ask you?

Regards     

Listened to McPake being interviewed on the Sportsound podcast, at around 5 mins in. Talks about wanting to get a couple more faces in, and adds at the end that "I think this week we'll see a couple", so we've got that to look forward to. I think Sheridan will be one of them, but Dorrans won't, largely going by the Daily Record interview/report they posted today where he's basically selling himself, but we'll see. I'm sure one of the signings will be a goalie, whether it's Lawlor, Rogers, Hazard, MacDonald, or someone else remains to be seen.

Also mentions that we nearly had a loan agreed with United for McMullan before the start of last season before they pulled out, and basically said "right then, we'll be offering him a pre-contract in January" and forced their hand that way. Just thought that was interesting.

38 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I think Sheridan will be one of them

God it hurts being a genius sometimes

I'm aware a few will certainly feel differently, but I'm fine with this. Adam and McMullan will find his big heid plenty.

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I'm aware a few will certainly feel differently, but I'm fine with this. Adam and McMullan will find his big heid plenty.

Just a like for like with Sow imo. Meh.

So Does this mean hoof ball is gonna be our tactic now?, personally don’t like this signing and think we Might have well kept haber,moussa or sow as I can’t see Sheridan being any better

maybe(hopefully) im Wrong and I have a mouth full off “shut it” pie but can’t help but feeling this is a mistake

2 hours ago, Yenitit said:

I’m happy with this. Think he’s being under rated on here because he’s been playing abroad and out of sight. 

More ground breaking predictions, I’m going to predict Dorrans and Lawlor sign as well 🤔

Hope Lawlor is signed ahead of Rogers if not for the unexpected excitement.

Haber is currently better than any striker on our books right now. Won't accept anyone telling me otherwise.

A motivated Haber, however, is a completely different thing and that'd be up there with the best players in the division. A beast in the air that'd rival Bobo Balde and Marvin Andrews.

I agree with you, at the very least he deserves a chance. If he’s as shite a player as Moussa or as slow as Sow it will be disappointing but whatever we definitely need a player in this mould IMO.

On our budget I can't see us signing anyone who is much better than Sheridan to be honest.  I'm certainly not going to write him off before I've seen him play for us.  McPake seems to have an eye for a player, the problem he had early in his management career was putting his signings together in the right formation as a team which he eventually managed to do in the latter part of last season.  If he thinks Sheridan is good enough then it's welcome to Dens big man as far as I'm concerned.

5 minutes ago, mev said:

On our budget I can't see us signing anyone who is much better than Sheridan to be honest.  I'm certainly not going to write him off before I've seen him play for us.  McPake seems to have an eye for a player, the problem he had early in his management career was putting his signings together in the right formation as a team which he eventually managed to do in the latter part of last season.  If he thinks Sheridan is good enough then it's welcome to Dens big man as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, willing to give him a chance. Might be useful. 

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Hope Lawlor is signed ahead of Rogers if not for the unexpected excitement.

Haber is currently better than any striker on our books right now. Won't accept anyone telling me otherwise.

A motivated Haber, however, is a completely different thing and that'd be up there with the best players in the division. A beast in the air that'd rival Bobo Balde and Marvin Andrews.

Were you pished last night or do you really believe Haber would be one of the best players in the division?