All things Dundee FC

We're in a far superior position than under McCann anyway. When you look at the squad and first eleven he had us going into the relegation season with it was criminal. How he gets away with it with alot of fans is beyond me.

Sheridan certainly surpasses Mendy and Moussa. There's a lot of banter flung about with Moussa but watching him was genuinely soul destroying. Fucking shite man and due to the amount of games played he's the worst striker I've seen at Dens alongside Graham Bayne in his second spell.

Hoping to see McCowan, Sheridan and Sweeney on Wednesday night.

On another note if all goes well there should be access to Motherwell away at the end of August for all. Anyone remember the opening game under Bonetti there? Hopefully a similarly massive crowd after all the shite of recent.

Thank you.

We're in a far superior position than under McCann anyway. When you look at the squad and first eleven he had us going into the relegation season with it was criminal. How he gets away with it with alot of fans is beyond me.
Sheridan certainly surpasses Mendy and Moussa. There's a lot of banter flung about with Moussa but watching him was genuinely soul destroying. Fucking shite man and due to the amount of games played he's the worst striker I've seen at Dens alongside Graham Bayne in his second spell.
Hoping to see McCowan, Sheridan and Sweeney on Wednesday night.
On another note if all goes well there should be access to Motherwell away at the end of August for all. Anyone remember the opening game under Bonetti there? Hopefully a similarly massive crowd after all the shite of recent.
Thank you.
The cult hero stuff around Moussa reminds me of Stuart Beedie. He was shite for months and a total target for the boo boys, then scored a 35 yarder against Forfar and became a bit of a cult hero, with folk shouting SHOOT pretty much any time he had the ball in the opposing half. The best being in that glorious 4-3 win over Rangers where he attempted a volley from 30 yards which meekly went out for a throw in. He remained largely pish.

2 hours ago, The Derry said:

Were you pished last night or do you really believe Haber would be one of the best players in the division?

In the air. A motivated Haber is unbeatable. Statistics proved that when he came in. In his first 6 month, he'd won more headers than any other player including CHs had done in the whole season and they'd have a 4 month head start on him.

10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Hope Lawlor is signed ahead of Rogers if not for the unexpected excitement.

Haber is currently better than any striker on our books right now. Won't accept anyone telling me otherwise.

A motivated Haber, however, is a completely different thing and that'd be up there with the best players in the division. A beast in the air that'd rival Bobo Balde and Marvin Andrews.

The 1 in 5 performance you’ve described Haber as is no use to anyone tho is it. Along with his non scoring habit as well. 

Absence makes the heart grow fonder Ludo!

3 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

The 1 in 5 performance you’ve described Haber as is no use to anyone tho is it. Along with his non scoring habit as well. 

Absence makes the heart grow fonder Ludo!

No, it's not, but I still think the lazy arse Haber we seen the majority of the time was a decent asset when we needed to lump it up the park to his head.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

No, it's not, but I still think the lazy arse Haber we seen the majority of the time was a decent asset when we needed to lump it up the park to his head.

Playing against shite like ‘The Edge’ both me and you would look decent 😉

2 minutes ago, The Master said:

Cillian Sheridan is only 32. He’s one of those players that seems like he’s been around a lot longer than his age suggests. 

Probably also because he was around here about a decade ago when he was a young lad and has been hopping about in the interim time. I do think he'll be better than what others may expect personally.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

If we get a season and half out of Sheridan in his 2 year deal, he'll have played for us more than any other club. Says a lot about his nomadic lifestyle. 

I reckon he'll do better than myself or others have suggested I just can't see him delivering more than what Sow would have delivered which is the disappointing thing.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

If we get a season and half out of Sheridan in his 2 year deal, he'll have played for us more than any other club. Says a lot about his nomadic lifestyle. 

I reckon he'll do better than myself or others have suggested I just can't see him delivering more than what Sow would have delivered which is the disappointing thing.

Tbh I think Sow was shite. Scored vital goals non the less but shite. Sheridan should be a fair improvement on Sow. 

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

Tbh I think Sow was shite. Scored vital goals non the less but shite. Sheridan should be a fair improvement on Sow. 

Aslong as he scores goals then all good . Is he our answer? I'm dissapointed with the signing but maybe this is where we are at regarding  signings. 

Meh see what happens 

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I don't think Sow would've managed the Premiership well at all, Sheridan I have a lot more faith in that respect, as I see him as a similar player but more effective, which for Sow was limited by his injuries.

3 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

I don't think Sow would've managed the Premiership well at all, Sheridan I have a lot more faith in that respect, as I see him as a similar player but more effective, which for Sow was limited by his injuries.

I don't think Sow would've been great in the top flight and he was on my release list.  I think that says where my faith in Sheridan is.

Hope I'm proved wrong.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

I don't think Sow would've been great in the top flight and he was on my release list.  I think that says where my faith in Sheridan is.

Hope I'm proved wrong.

Let’s hope you’re wrong this time Ludo 🤞

5 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Aslong as he scores goals then all good . Is he our answer? I'm dissapointed with the signing but maybe this is where we are at regarding  signings. 

Meh see what happens 

G_Man I would’ve worried about you if you were happy…. with a signing!! 😂

We’ll find out soon enough what type of striker he is. I think going by the Brora game we were screaming out for a big striker to get on the end of the great crosses from Adam, McMullan and McCowan. 

Looking forward to seeing more of McCowan, looks like he has something about his game.