All things Dundee FC

32 minutes ago, Meadow_Jock said:

An injury to him, Adam, Cummings, Ashcroft or Legzdins though (and let's face it, that's half the team, so it will happen) and we're fucked. It's a big few days in the transfer window. 

Easy, just get McGhee to cover for them.

Also, how dare you not acknowledge McGhee in that list.

4 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Take it easy @Meadow_Jock, we're currently very much a "work in progress" at this level and all I can see are early positive signs.

Jeezo, it was Jason Cummings who restrained Gowser from continuing to The Shakespeare Bar for a dram after scoring ffs.

Fantastic team spirit on display and James McPake after all only needs to read P&B to see where we're lacking or require improvement. 

Good times ahead I'm sure and counting the sleeps to the first derby next month.

In the meantime announce Greg Stewart and another competent defensive option to add to the squad.

Regards 

I'm more than happy with the performance and happy to dish out the credit where it's due, just wish we had a bit more strength in depth. 

Still, I don't want to come across as grumpy after today as I'm anything but. Really enjoyed it. 👍

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Easy, just get McGhee to cover for them.

Also, how dare you not acknowledge McGhee in that list.

Both fair and accurate. McGhee is Sum Boi. I blame the sauce. 

Perhaps it's more accurate to say that we're absolutely fine squad-wise and staff-wise in general - as I'm sure he'd be good value on the turnstiles and could fix a good sponsor board - unless McGhee gets injured, in which case we're fucked. 

Edited by Meadow_Jock

Should mention that I questioned McPake (rightly so I believe) on adapting for different games.

McGhee in at left back today and managed to stop Boyle numerous times including a lovely crunching tackle just near the Derry in the first half. Good choice with McCowan ahead of him.

On the subject of tackles Elliot put in a stunning sliding tackle not long after that infront of the Main Stand -total disgrace that it was given as a foul. Agree with previous comments that he actually played well today (overall) but the fact is he's cost us another goal.

Hopefully this week goes in rapido cause I'm like a kid at Xmas at the thought of getting pished and watching the Dees away again.

Up the fucking Dee. Loving having a team who fights for everything and has some trickery out wide. All I called for several years. We are miles ahead of where we were under McCann last time out.

Thank you.

52 minutes ago, Meadow_Jock said:

You get a proper sense of excitement every time McMullan gets the ball. I thought we really lacked someone like that last season. The team is all the better for it. 

An injury to him, Adam, Cummings, Ashcroft or Legzdins though (and let's face it, that's half the team, so it will happen) and we're fucked. It's a big few days in the transfer window. 

Surely there must be a kid or two down south who fancies getting a few games under his belt on loan, and is better than Christie Elliott... 

The fullbacks and the centre forward options are the only positions that worry me. I’ve saw Lawlor once and I’m confident he’ll do a job if called upon. He had a save very similar to Macey’s from Charlie today, commanded his box well and had good length of kick in him. Sweeney looks on a par with Ashcroft and Fontaine and there’s loads of cover in the middle of the park if Charlie gets injured. Hopefully all stay fit tho. 

Scary how often Elliot and Marshall get caught out with balls in between them and the centrehalf’s tho. 

2 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Tin hat on, I thought other than the penalty (offside and outside the box) I thought Elliot had a good game.

Definitely his best game of the season even with the penalty, but still would rather have Kerr or Hodson there personally.

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I just don't see where Greg fits in. McCowan and McMullan have been excellent on either wing, switching sides and I personally don't see him as a striker.

Could very well just be me, but haven't been quite as impressed with McCowan as others, just seems like most attacks that get snuffed out seem to come from him. Definitely can see the promise and one for the future, but for the present.....

get Greg in. That's really my point rather than slagging off McCowan lol, I do in fact like him. But get Greg in.

Signing Greg Stewart would give us loads of attacking alternatives to our side. Agree with Ross about most things broke down with McCowan but he’s definitely got potential and he never once hid from trying to get on the ball which is a positive. Just wish for once we would tighten up defensively. 

To add to the positive comments regarding Jordan McGhee, he's only just turned 25 and WILL represent many Scotland squads before much longer, imho.

If the ugly sisters are indeed interested, commence the bidding at £ 1.75M, although in fairness only one of you currently have the financial resources required, lol.

Alternatively he'll be destined for the English Championship before long, tremendous signing by James McPake and unlike Jackie McNamara across the road who ripped the easy pish out of his employer with a sell-on percentage of the existing staff, James McPake is here on a more honest level, thankfully for us.

Regards

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Impressed with that today, obviously couldn't keep up the tempo second half. Special mention to the keeper, you're a class act Adam.

Thank you.

Spot on Biggie, Adam Legzdins kept us in the the game when it already appeared beyond our reach, even at one goal behind. 

Top quality experienced goalkeeper for sure.

Another quality signing!

Unfortunately (or fortunately for all concerned) I'm offline this week where I'm destined to be.

However what's the thoughts regarding Simon Murray as a foil for Jason Cummings up front? Now proven his fitness for sure at Queens Park.

The isolating two, I'm afraid say nowt to me in a positive sense up front other than nuisance value and that's on a good day.

Merely my opinion James.

1 minute ago, This Charming Man said:

Unfortunately (or fortunately for all concerned) I'm offline this week where I'm destined to be.

However what's the thoughts regarding Simon Murray as a foil for Jason Cummings up front? Now proven his fitness for sure at Queens Park.

The isolating two, I'm afraid say nowt to me in a positive sense up front other than nuisance value and that's on a good day.

Merely my opinion James.

Think he's considerably poorer than what we already have IMO.

He's not as good as Danny Mullen in that type role that you're suggesting and I think Jakubiak will be even better when he's up and running personally.

3 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Merely my opinion James.

Are you taking a week as recovery from multiple bottles of red wine?

If that is the case i fully understand your Simon Murray call. Otherwise it's a confusing one and a big no for me. 

Thank you.

I for one feel like we should let the weird Simon Murray dream go. He loves the Dee and he did what he needed to do for us when he was here, but I'd honestly be surprised if he plays in the Premiership again.

Jakubiak simply can't catch a break with his injuries and now COVID, but you can see his ability whenever he's on the pitch. Sheridan meanwhile has been decent every time he's came on (and it'd be supremely unfair to judge him on the Celtic game). I think a bit more patience with them will go a long way... or at least I hope so.

Better get Greg in just in case though.

Are you taking a week as recovery from multiple bottles of red wine?
If that is the case i fully understand your Simon Murray call. Otherwise it's a confusing one and a big no for me. 
Thank you.

Lol. Agree totally. Seems like a nice lad and all that but it’s a no from me.

39 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Merely my opinion James.

Simon’s a no for me. 

Enjoy your sabbatical, haste ye back!

45 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Merely my opinion James.

I'd take Murray over Mullen. Mullen is shite. 

Jakubiak jury is still out for yet, see what he has to offer.

Sheridan is same.

So yeah it's a no for me. Time to move on