All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Well worth a visit to the Saints Dundee thread to see auld Tam outed as a creepy old man by one of the St Johnstone Young team.

Thank you.

I said that about him years ago. A definite OFTW.

25 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Rooney the big haddy being allowed to run 50 yards with the ball should be the end of the road for every Dundee player on the left half of the pitch yesterday

Done it a few times tbh.

Never really noticed it before but Dundee dont really have any big lumps in midfield or attack do they? Sheridan is tall but soft defensively. Cummings and Griffiths wont graft defensively to any great degree. Then you've got McGowan/Byrne/Anderson who seem to all love a tackle but aren't going to shove folk off the ball, McGowan getting outmuscled on a few occasions by Wotherspoon was telling. Both your wing backs are small, scrawny, and slow. 

Its a really weird squad McPake has built.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Done it a few times tbh.

Never really noticed it before but Dundee dont really have any big lumps in midfield or attack do they? Sheridan is tall but soft defensively. Cummings and Griffiths wont graft defensively to any great degree. Then you've got McGowan/Byrne/Anderson who seem to all love a tackle but aren't going to shove folk off the ball, McGowan getting outmuscled on a few occasions by Wotherspoon was telling. Both your wing backs are small, scrawny, and slow. 

Its a really weird squad McPake has built.

Both McGhee and Byrne put themselves about in the middle and to be honest that’s not been an issue this season. The main problem yesterday was changing to a back 5. Granted we haven’t picked up many points this season  but we have been playing some decent stuff in a 4-3-3 and we’ve competed in every game. I thought we probably edged the game against St Johnstone in the cup for the first hour until you got your goal so it’s even more baffling that he changed it. Yesterday was identical to the shite we were seeing under McIntyre.

Marshall seems to get a lot of praise but I’m not a fan of him. All 3 goals yesterday were a carbon copy of him being beaten far too easily down the line. He’s not bad going  forward but even then he doesn’t give enough.

Kerr was totally bombed by McIntyre which was telling given how shite that squad was.

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I don't think anyone is saying that - but he has been very poor recently - looks lost without Adam.

I also don't think having him, Byrne and a back 5, helped matters yesterday.

The defence is a shambles but it isn't helped by having a midfield playing so deep.

McGowan also frustrated me - there were times where he could have played out a quick but chose instead to hold on to it then pass back - he just slows the play down way too much. I like him and he's been a loyal servant of the club but I think he's past his use by date now.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

People are saying exactly that on Twitter and FB.

7 minutes ago, Girth said:

Surely he just has until the Ross Cunty game? 

Lose that one (we will) and he has to walk, I just can't be fucked with it anymore, from the 6 goal humiliations through to this current clusterfuck.

Thank you.

11 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Lose that one (we will) and he has to walk, I just can't be fucked with it anymore, from the 6 goal humiliations through to this current clusterfuck.

Thank you.

Yeah. I’ll be there for the Aberdeen game. 

Face Eyes GIF

So we’re still in the same position as we were at the start of the transfer window in that we need a left back, centrehalf and right back as a matter of urgency and in that order 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

The tactics against us must be really simple. Play the ball in between the left centrehalf and left back because the fullback constantly gets caught out by his positioning and can’t defend. 

5 hours ago, Vernon gilmore said:

Why pick on Cammy kerr again and again who has actually been fine this season so far , the goals came from a very poor Marshall yesterday, and yes Marshall has probably been our best player last month , but geez he was worse than bogging yesterday , as for Fontaine yes he needs to go far to slow and his second touch is always a tackle , bring McGee back in in his place 

Cause he's pish and shouldn't be near first team at all regardless if he's shown some improvement.

So we’re still in the same position as we were at the start of the transfer window in that we need a left back, centrehalf and right back as a matter of urgency and in that order [emoji2359] 

The tactics against us must be really simple. Play the ball in between the left centrehalf and left back because the fullback constantly gets caught out by his positioning and can’t defend. 
It took McPake long enough to deal with the goalkeeping position [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Wieghortsnut said:

Why is mcpake a good dee?

12 hours ago, Wieghortsnut said:

I take it nobody remembers that James mcpake wasn't that good? Ah sorry I forgot he scored against united.....so did fucking John Sutton 

Most players we sign, along with just about every other team at this level, aren’t very good.  That’s what you get with Scottish football.

McPake gave everything for the club on the pitch and he was half a half decent player IMHO.  A team full of players like that when coached well is probably enough to be mid table ish in this league.

As I understand it McPake was also excellent when working with the younger players.

BUT

He simply doesn’t have what it takes to be a good manager / coach at this or even Championship level.  He can barely set up a team correctly for the opposition in question, let alone changing tactics as the game progresses.

A half decent chairman, who knows a bit about football, would see this and end McPake’s misery.

Rooney the big haddy being allowed to run 50 yards with the ball should be the end of the road for every Dundee player on the left half of the pitch yesterday

Bet you wish he was your big handy.

He is some big unit.