All things Dundee FC

Nobody has been our best player this season. We have a Championship squad playing Championship football. A McInnes or a Neil might possibly get us to 10th with the new manager bounce because there are a couple of other teams who are as bad as we are but McPake simply cannot get the best out of what meagre talents we have. He can't change a game when things aren't working. He has to go now or we are definitely finishing bottom. 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I think Marshall has been one of our best players this season.

Probably why you're sitting bottom with no wins tbh.

53 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Probably why you're sitting bottom with no wins tbh.

Apparently Davidson was in for him in the summer. Sure it was reported in the local media so he's a fan at least.

22 minutes ago, The Marly said:

If this is true then you have serious problems.  First time I've seen him but he was awful on Saturday. 

Thank you. 

He was brutal on Saturday but his form had previously attracted you guys and Hibs.

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He was brutal on Saturday but his form had previously attracted you guys and Hibs.

Pretty sure that was Scott McMann and it was just made up press nonsense, but if you can find the evidence I'll be willing to believe it a little more.

Either way it's probably not fair to judge a player who's in his first top flight season on a couple of games, but he's small, not that quick or strong and doesn't appear the best positionally. I'll admit he will learn and improve the more he plays, but he's hardly a youngster.

I’ve genuinely no idea what our best team is. Not sure who the best 2 out of Sweeney/Ashcroft/Fontaine is. Not sure who’s better out of Kerr and Elliott. Not sure who should be left out of the midfield between Byrne/Adam/Anderson/McGhee and I’m not so sure who’s better out of Griffiths and Cummings.

I think I’d probably go:

Legzdins

Kerr
Sweeney
Ashcroft
Marshall

Byrne
Adam
McGhee

McMullan
Cummings
McCowan.

Then again I’d be tempted to try and fit McGhee back in at the back (perhaps right back?) and bring Anderson into the midfield. Whatever happens that defence won’t keep clean sheets.

17 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Twice you've said that. Can't remember us being in for him but if it's true he would have been back-up to Booth. 

12 minutes ago, Widge said:

Pretty sure that was Scott McMann and it was just made up press nonsense, but if you can find the evidence I'll be willing to believe it a little more.

Either way it's probably not fair to judge a player who's in his first top flight season on a couple of games, but he's small, not that quick or strong and doesn't appear the best positionally. I'll admit he will learn and improve the more he plays, but he's hardly a youngster.

I'm not really interested in whether either of you believe it or not tbh.

He played really well against Rangers, Hibs and Motherwell and there were people on here raving about him saying he could handle the step up. It's funny how attitudes change when a club goes on a poor run.

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm not really interested in whether either of you believe it or not tbh.

He played really well against Rangers, Hibs and Motherwell and there were people on here raving about him saying he could handle the step up. It's funny how attitudes change when a club goes on a poor run.

Must admit rings a bell regarding hibernian but don't remember St.johnstone.  Google has came up zero trumps so far. 

Attitudes stay with some regardless of results , maybe some pride ( this might not be right word) goes out the window. 

This season not much has changed attitude wise as nobody so far I feel has stepped up. Long way to go. 3 points from 24 and bottom of the league so we can only go up the way.. 

Changes are needed quickly. Best scenario we have right now however is a break and we can get the players ready for Aberdeen. 

All about opinions. I personally couldn’t careless about a man manager. However someone who can organise a side, make them defensively sound and has had a successful track record fits the bill for me and Lennon ticks all those boxes. 
Lennon has other baggage that quite frankly we don't need.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Apparently Davidson was in for him in the summer. Sure it was reported in the local media so he's a fan at least.

Only full back we were linked with was Scott McMann, then the usual rumours we wanted Cammy Kerr.

Marshall was targeted on Saturday as he's seen as being absolutely shite and a clear weak link for Dundee, he'll never be a signing target for St Johnstone unless we're in the Championship.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Only full back we were linked with was Scott McMann, then the usual rumours we wanted Cammy Kerr.

Marshall was targeted on Saturday as he's seen as being absolutely shite and a clear weak link for Dundee, he'll never be a signing target for St Johnstone unless we're in the Championship.

:lol:

That's plenty Lovejoy.

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

:lol:

That's plenty Lovejoy.

*shrugs*

I didn't expect you to believe me tbh, but it's a fact. I'd imagine other clubs will target him to the point its obvious to fans aswell this season tbh.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

*shrugs*

I didn't expect you to believe me tbh, but it's a fact. I'd imagine other clubs will target him to the point its obvious to fans aswell this season tbh.

Of course they will. The space he leaves between him and the centre half nearest to him gets exposed every week. It’s just a pity none of our coaching staff were defenders to sort this out. 

Guest Wieghortsnut
5 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Not for me I’m afraid. Legzdins, Ashcroft, Byrne, Anderson  and McMullan when he’s played out wide. 

Legzdins is shite