All things Dundee FC

40 minutes ago, Chateau Lafite said:

Agreed. The lack of ball winning midfield players, Max or Byrne, was one of te reasons for Wednesday’s pre Halloween horror. 
That the young Scotland team has strong skilful ball winners in midfield is good news if Max isn’t good enough to be picked. 
But……

Not sure if they’re trying to entice guys to commit to Scotland because 7 of the squad are born in England. 

15 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Me and Rory were obviously watching the same game 😂

You both may be alone in this. Sheridan I'm glad he seen the funny side with having a bobble on his wrist.... Wednesday that was infuriating. 

He is shite. Ah different option ( like Mullen I'm unsure what the option is as Mullen was brought in at the time to score goals ).

1 hour ago, Robin.Hood said:

You both may be alone in this. Sheridan I'm glad he seen the funny side with having a bobble on his wrist.... Wednesday that was infuriating. 

He is shite. Ah different option ( like Mullen I'm unsure what the option is as Mullen was brought in at the time to score goals ).

We can’t both be alone! I’ve read 1 newspaper report on the game this morning and it was Sheridan and Sweeney who were the players to receive particular praise. 

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

We can’t both be alone! I’ve read 1 newspaper report on the game this morning and it was Sheridan and Sweeney who were the players to receive particular praise. 

Newspaper.. Mon now..... 

Anyway each to there own. Eh will sit in the quiet corner. A result against St.mirren dosnt change that absolute minter of a result at home against County. Sadly in the McPake out camp . Sooner the  better. 

Sweeney I'm unsure where I'm at with him . More time needed with him. Rest around him can move on and new defence in. ( of course none of this will of course happen but hey can think it ).

14 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Newspaper.. Mon now..... 

Anyway each to there own. Eh will sit in the quiet corner. A result against St.mirren dosnt change that absolute minter of a result at home against County. Sadly in the McPake out camp . Sooner the  better. 

Sweeney I'm unsure where I'm at with him . More time needed with him. Rest around him can move on and new defence in. ( of course none of this will of course happen but hey can think it ).

Whether you agree with what’s printed or not it’s someone’s view of the game who was in attendance. 

I’m 100% in the McPake out camp and won’t be for changing. We’ve been horrendous in 2 very important games to us in games that have a huge baring on how our season pans out (St Johnstone and County) and it was purely down to his tactics and team selection being hopelessly wrong. 

Edited by Yenitit

Well, if this isn't a poorly timed telling off, I don't know what is:

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/escalating-use-of-pyrotechnic-devices/?fbclid=IwAR1gYStO8WGfAag9qh2hwuXDgBoLqaR8PxdK_N59JzNKfUKN_LDlwmHDtsU

Also, our general manager stating that the weekends result 'shut some pusses' on Twitter was a sight to behold as well.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/escalating-use-of-pyrotechnic-devices/?fbclid=IwAR1gYStO8WGfAag9qh2hwuXDgBoLqaR8PxdK_N59JzNKfUKN_LDlwmHDtsU

Also, our general manager stating that the weekends result 'shut some pusses' on Twitter was a sight to behold as well.

I suppose the club are at least trying to do something about it. Don’t really have a problem with the statement.

7 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I suppose the club are at least trying to do something about it. Don’t really have a problem with the statement.

I'm sure there will be more than 1 or 2 on Sunday from Celtic fans with nothing mentioned from the club.

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Sad fact is that the contempt shown for the fans at clubs like Dunfermline and Falkirk as of late is in fact the standard with most club higher ups in Scotland, including us.

From my perspective, our own players are more dangerous with flares than the fans are.

2 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

No need to take flares to games end of. The club are quite right to come out and state that.

The communications from the club is only really used to tell the fans off yet will ignore other instances of the same behaviour is my point.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

The communications from the club is only really used to tell the fans off yet will ignore other instances of the same behaviour is my point.

I’m the statement they mentioned that an Aberdeen fan was arrested at the last game

Just now, RossDee01 said:

I’m the statement they mentioned that an Aberdeen fan was arrested at the last game

And as I said, I look forward to our statement condemning them from the Celtic support come Sunday.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

And as I said, I look forward to our statement condemning them from the Celtic support come Sunday.

I’d rather Celtic came out and condemned it to be honest as it’s their club they’re representing.

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

I’d rather Celtic came out and condemned it to be honest as it’s their club they’re representing.

Yet it's our stadium and our employees that are ultimately responsible for what happens in our home ground.

The timing of the statement is also poor considering it took a hell of a lot of courage from our away support to muster the strength to even make the trip to Paisley on Saturday. Yet the club's first thought is to give them a telling off. I'm not even sure there was a flare on Saturday, not sure if a St Mirren fan can confirm? @Gareth_Glasgow

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Yet it's our stadium and our employees that are ultimately responsible for what happens in our home ground.

The timing of the statement is also poor considering it took a hell of a lot of courage from our away support to muster the strength to even make the trip to Paisley on Saturday. Yet the club's first thought is to give them a telling off. I'm not even sure there was a flare on Saturday, not sure if a St Mirren fan can confirm? @Gareth_Glasgow

On the other hand, would you want us getting a "telling off" after a defeat? Neither is ideal but after a win is better.

Also agree that condemning any actions of other clubs fans should be left to their respective clubs. It's just small time having a go at others IMO. Let the polis deal with it if they want. Hopefully the stewards pinch a couple of flags off them again.

1 minute ago, RawB93 said:

On the other hand, would you want us getting a "telling off" after a defeat? Neither is ideal but after a win is better.

Also agree that condemning any actions of other clubs fans should be left to their respective clubs. It's just small time having a go at others IMO. Let the polis deal with it if they want. Hopefully the stewards pinch a couple of flags off them again.

I think it's ultimately the responsibility of whoever's ground it occurs at tbh. Legally that would certainly be the case, would it not?

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Stewards and police are not employees of the club and if fans don’t want a telling off then don’t take flares to the game. It’s pretty simple.