All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Should've given him a big cuddle, and told him everything will be fine IMO. There's a player there, will be pissed off if he goes.

Thank you.

eta. He's already hung him out to dry by not playing him/on the wing.

Not for me, can't be putting your arm round a player mugging the rest of his team off, mugging the fans off and the manager. Particularly being in such a state he wasn't able to train when our squad is as stretched as it is.

Also don't buy the he's a quality player patter. Has a habit of being in the right place at times but has little pace, can't hold it up, doesn't work off the ball, doesn't win it in the air. He's a penalty box striker that works in a 2. We'll not be setting up like that anytime soon even if we punt McPake. 2 up top isn't fashionable with managers just now. Therefore he's a bit of a waste of a jersey for me.

Thought we played pretty well, Fontaine, Kerr (in his 200th appearance, and at LB as well) and Elliott did better than I expected. Utter farce that the game even finished in those conditions, literally couldn't see anything and certainly didn't see the goal. All things considered, I could be much angrier than I am.

We NEED to start finding ways to score without Charlie in the team though, anytime we had the ball in midfield it seemed to constantly pinball right back to Hearts, and there's just no connection between midfield and attack without him.

19 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Some team for letting in the 1st shot on target 🤦🏻‍♂️

All things considered injuries, suspensions etc, I thought we hung in well. 

Elliot and Kerr done well and would be my fullbacks until new signings are made. 

Totally agree , left back seems be a better position for Cammy , the play off games went really well with Elliot right back and Cammy left , Marshall is good going forward but complete shit at doing his job defending 

9 minutes ago, Vernon gilmore said:

Totally agree , left back seems be a better position for Cammy , the play off games went really well with Elliot right back and Cammy left , Marshall is good going forward but complete shit at doing his job defending 

That’s exactly how I see it as well. 

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Should've given him a big cuddle, and told him everything will be fine IMO. There's a player there, will be pissed off if he goes.

Thank you.

eta. He's already hung him out to dry by not playing him/on the wing.

He has been "hung out to dry" by every club he goes to. Bit of a chancer with his attitude to the game which once again in his career is showing up. Didnt rate him being signed up and it's all coming to an end the same as it has at a range of clubs. 

6 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Got the chance to play the Old Course today so gave the game a swerve.
Fucking he’ll Cammy and Fontaine getting plaudits - are you lot taking the piss??

No they done their jobs well. Wingers even got closed down today 😮

Edited by Yenitit

30 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Not for me, can't be putting your arm round a player mugging the rest of his team off, mugging the fans off and the manager. Particularly being in such a state he wasn't able to train when our squad is as stretched as it is.

Also don't buy the he's a quality player patter. Has a habit of being in the right place at times but has little pace, can't hold it up, doesn't work off the ball, doesn't win it in the air. He's a penalty box striker that works in a 2. We'll not be setting up like that anytime soon even if we punt McPake. 2 up top isn't fashionable with managers just now. Therefore he's a bit of a waste of a jersey for me.

10 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

He has been "hung out to dry" by every club he goes to. Bit of a chancer with his attitude to the game which once again in his career is showing up. Didnt rate him being signed up and it's all coming to an end the same as it has at a range of clubs. 

All about opinions, any time he's had a chance in the team he's done well. IMO. Could've made a difference with the points, because Mullens missed a lot of sitters.

Just realised we will go down to 11th now regardless of what happens between County and St Johnstone on Wednesday, so I guess a draw would be best? I'm pretty much expecting us to be rock bottom (unless the fermers continue to be as bad as they currently are) come the winter break.

None of this really needs highlighted, but January sure will be massive.

7 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Just realised we will go down to 11th now regardless of what happens between County and St Johnstone on Wednesday, so I guess a draw would be best? I'm pretty much expecting us to be rock bottom (unless the fermers continue to be as bad as they currently are) come the winter break.

None of this really needs highlighted, but January sure will be massive.

The five games starting 29/12 will have a huge say in how our season will finish. In those 5 games we play the (soon to be) 5 other teams in the bottom half of the league.