All things Dundee FC

58 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Tony Watt, Scott Allan and Gallagher.

Crikey Biggie, that's what Brian Clough would refer to as the spine of the team back in the day.

53 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Get Cumdog back as well.

Thank you.

Tell you what, once Cumming's has removed his head from his arse, if we did sign Tony Watt that would potentially be a superb partnership. Who knows, Jason may even enjoy his football again!

Regards

A team featuring Adam, Allan, Watt, and Cummings on the pitch at the same time would certainly be interesting to watch, but the other 6 outfield players would have to put in a right shift. Could potentially see it working with a fit Byrne sitting in and Anderson/McGhee as the legs, but I think a 4-3-1-2 would leave our shitty fullbacks really exposed. It would allow a lot more tactical flexibility, but I think we'd probably ship even more goals than we do currently without McMullan and McCowan playing in front of the FB's, so I'd see it as more of an option for chasing a goal rather than a viable starting 11.

Whoa Dude GIF - Whoa Dude No Way - Discover & Share GIFs

42 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

If you got Watt you could play Cummings with him.

12 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Crikey Biggie, that's what Brian Clough would refer to as the spine of the team back in the day.

Tell you what, once Cumming's has removed his head from his arse, if we did sign Tony Watt that would potentially be a superb partnership. Who knows, Jason may even enjoy his football again!

Regards

Thank you.

Courier saying Cummings is playing for the youth team tonight and will be back in the first team squad for the build up to the game against Aberdeen but his Dundee career still hangs in the balance.

Edited by Ludo*1

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Courier saying Cummings is playing for the youth team tonight and will be back in the first team squad for the build up to the game against Aberdeen but his Dundee career still hangs in the balance.

That's fine, he's done a little bit of punishment, now get him starting McPake.

Thank you.

I'd stick with McGhee as CH. Looked much more solid with him back there and he'll get better playing there regularly again. LB is a key issue, don't like idea of Cammy there, or Elliot at RB, regularly, another creative midfielder as Adam can't play full games every game and we need a different, stronger, option up front. With that we should be ok

58 minutes ago, DieDee said:

I'd stick with McGhee as CH. Looked much more solid with him back there and he'll get better playing there regularly again. LB is a key issue, don't like idea of Cammy there, or Elliot at RB, regularly, another creative midfielder as Adam can't play full games every game and we need a different, stronger, option up front. With that we should be ok

TBF, Cammy and Fontaine were excellent against Hearts.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

TBF, Cammy and Fontaine were excellent against Hearts.

I thought Elliott did well too, probably up there with one of his best. Considering how little joy I feel when Elliott is picked usually, I feel like giving him that backing, though it'd be pushing it to say I expect that from him every game.

12 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

That's fine, he's done a little bit of punishment, now get him starting McPake.

Thank you.

Agreed.

Mullen was on fire, but at the weekend he was probably our worst performer along with poorer displays in Dingwall and Edinburgh.

Griffiths clearly wasn't ready for 90 minutes, but we had no alternative due to sending Cummings home.

If it was me I'd be putting Cummings in the starting 11 at Pittodrie and telling him it's his chance to make it count with important games coming up.

Then it's over to Cummings to deliver, as he did at the seasons start before being unjustly dropped for an unfit Griffiths.

Thank you.

On 19/12/2021 at 10:01, CanadianDee said:

Season rests on Charlie Adam's hamstrings, imo:

W          D            L                 GF      GA         PPG

GP w/Adam       11                              4            3            4                 14        24         1.35

GP* wo/Adam  8                               0            1             7                 3          11            .13

*Includes the two games where he went off in the first half with injury. Both games we were drawn 0-0 when he went off and then went on to lose albeit going ahead at County twice before gifting them the points.

Basically if Adam played every game we'd be fighting it out for 4th through 6th, and if he played no games we'd be looking at the worst season in top flight history.

I realise that we have the transfer window, and the other injured players to return at some point, but even if one has confidence in McPake it is still a tough window to do major surgery and all other teams have the same opportunity to make repairs. So having said that I think if Adam comes back and plays all the games from winter break on out then we'll stay up, if he plays no games we'll be down before we even get to the split and if he plays half the games we'll be walking the tightrope until game 38.

Good morning @CanadianDee.  Are you George Cran of DC Thomson in disguise?

Or has he merely plagiarised your posting from Sunday and unashamedly used it as his own in this mornings press?

Thank you.  

2 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Good morning @CanadianDee.  Are you George Cran of DC Thomson in disguise?

Or has he merely plagiarised your posting from Sunday and unashamedly used it as his own in this mornings press?

Thank you.  

Thought pretty much the same when i seen the article in the Tele. 

Confirms they just lift stuff off here. 

Thank you.