All things Dundee FC

8 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

He may be able to be more attack minded if he's given that opportunity, but his MLS coaches have played him in a deeper role.  He did score on his debut for Canada though, so he is capable of scoring goals 

Did he have a couple of assists in his international games as well? Was hoping he’d be the attacking midfielder we need. Ach well. 

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

Did he have a couple of assists in his international games as well? Was hoping he’d be the attacking midfielder we need. Ach well. 

Two assists in his last international game. Described as a box-to-box midfielder so I'd presume he'd provide a similar role to McGhee i.e. doing the running for Charlie basically.

I reckon having to compete with players like Blaise Matuidi for midfield spots made what he did for Miami less important in terms of creative output, have a good feeling about him over here.

9 minutes ago, LM_0803 said:

Anyone managed to get Dumbarton tickets yet? And is it online only or are they selling at the ticket office?

Got a couple online this morning. It's supposed to be online only but you could always give them a phone? They've been sound whenever I've had bother 

58 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Based on absolutely nothing but click bait.

I mean true, but with the constant talk of discussions ongoing, another Celtic player touted to maybe be joining us on loan, the fact we're shopping for other strikers and the quote from Ange, the circumstantial evidence is piling up.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

The Record's latest on Griffiths says that we will be terminating his loan soon.

Griffiths was mentioned at the press conference today with Ange

Said he will be looking at opportunities elsewhere 

I take that as he won’t be at either Celtic or Dundee come the end of the window 

Edit: Source

Edited by Clown Job

30 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Griffiths was mentioned at the press conference today with Ange

Said he will be looking at opportunities elsewhere 

I take that as he won’t be at either Celtic or Dundee come the end of the window 

Edit: Source

All I took it was that he won't be getting a game for Celtic which we knew anyway.

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Two assists in his last international game. Described as a box-to-box midfielder so I'd presume he'd provide a similar role to McGhee i.e. doing the running for Charlie basically.

I reckon having to compete with players like Blaise Matuidi for midfield spots made what he did for Miami less important in terms of creative output, have a good feeling about him over here.

If a more defensive midfielder is getting in the box and pitching in with goals that’ll do for me! Let’s hope you’re gut feeling’s correct. Not much info on the boy.  

2 hours ago, Louis Litt said:

Got a couple online this morning. It's supposed to be online only but you could always give them a phone? They've been sound whenever I've had bother 

I was in the shop earlier trying to get tickets for my grandsons for the Dumbarton game (didn't realise it was online sales only). Came home and bought them online and lo and behold I have to collect them from Dens 🤷‍♂️

I am going to slightly disagree with senorsoupe, I think Chapman is ideally a playmaking, attacking midfielder, but he rarely got to play that role in MLS. In Toronto he was always behind a very expensive No. 10 (if not 2 very expensive 10s) and in Miami they had Rodolfo Pizzaro (who was controversially left off Mexico’s squad for Russia) and Blaise Matuidi. I was shocked that he started 13 matches last season. Inter Miami were such a mess that they spent $6M on a young Argentine Pellegrini in that position and then signed Matuidi and Gonzalo Higuain and weren’t able to use Pellegrini because of the salary rules and had to loan him out.

Chapman is tall for a midfielder, but he’s not a physical player. He’s got some skill and keeps things ticking along. I have no idea how he is going to fare in the SPL. It seems like an odd fit for him in terms of style of play, but he has a bit of quality and I want to see how he does if he is tasked with providing that final ball. His dad is English, so surely the work permit shouldn’t be an issue.

I wouldn’t read too much into his international appearances. Canada has annual January camp with the Scandanavian players on break and the MLS players in the off-season. It always features a few new faces or players on the fringe of the squad and a closed-door friendly to end the camp that is a glorified training match. In his debut, Canada subbed keepers at half, the debutant keeper hit the post in the 55th, went off and Canada finished with a defender in goal and still won 4-2. In his last appearance in 2020 he only appeared in one of the two matches against Barbados and didn’t feature in the “proper” match against Iceland.

31 minutes ago, juneof86 said:

I am going to slightly disagree with senorsoupe, I think Chapman is ideally a playmaking, attacking midfielder, but he rarely got to play that role in MLS. In Toronto he was always behind a very expensive No. 10 (if not 2 very expensive 10s) and in Miami they had Rodolfo Pizzaro (who was controversially left off Mexico’s squad for Russia) and Blaise Matuidi. I was shocked that he started 13 matches last season. Inter Miami were such a mess that they spent $6M on a young Argentine Pellegrini in that position and then signed Matuidi and Gonzalo Higuain and weren’t able to use Pellegrini because of the salary rules and had to loan him out.

Chapman is tall for a midfielder, but he’s not a physical player. He’s got some skill and keeps things ticking along. I have no idea how he is going to fare in the SPL. It seems like an odd fit for him in terms of style of play, but he has a bit of quality and I want to see how he does if he is tasked with providing that final ball. His dad is English, so surely the work permit shouldn’t be an issue.

I wouldn’t read too much into his international appearances. Canada has annual January camp with the Scandanavian players on break and the MLS players in the off-season. It always features a few new faces or players on the fringe of the squad and a closed-door friendly to end the camp that is a glorified training match. In his debut, Canada subbed keepers at half, the debutant keeper hit the post in the 55th, went off and Canada finished with a defender in goal and still won 4-2. In his last appearance in 2020 he only appeared in one of the two matches against Barbados and didn’t feature in the “proper” match against Iceland.

Great information.

Please make your way over to the St Johnstone thread and teach Randomguy how to make a factual and informing footballing post without making people want to find their nearest bridge to call it a day on existence through a boredom overload.

We have an ageing player behind the striker and Chapman may beable to take over that role. Just to let you know you've probably given the useless local media their article for papers tomorrow.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

16 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

What year was this from? That was simply an awful penalty by the United player.

Ooft. You have got a great chuckle ahead of you if you didn't know about this shootout....

2019 I'm sure.

Edited by johnnydun