All things Dundee FC

12 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Ooft. You have got a great chuckle ahead of you if you didn't know about this shootout....

2019 I'm sure.

Good lord... that was simply awful from United -- and SM for that matter, but just terrible by United. My fellow countryman didn't look too happy after the third miss.

On another note, is that St. Mirren's biggest home crowd in club history?

15 hours ago, juneof86 said:

I am going to slightly disagree with senorsoupe, I think Chapman is ideally a playmaking, attacking midfielder, but he rarely got to play that role in MLS. In Toronto he was always behind a very expensive No. 10 (if not 2 very expensive 10s) and in Miami they had Rodolfo Pizzaro (who was controversially left off Mexico’s squad for Russia) and Blaise Matuidi. I was shocked that he started 13 matches last season. Inter Miami were such a mess that they spent $6M on a young Argentine Pellegrini in that position and then signed Matuidi and Gonzalo Higuain and weren’t able to use Pellegrini because of the salary rules and had to loan him out.

Chapman is tall for a midfielder, but he’s not a physical player. He’s got some skill and keeps things ticking along. I have no idea how he is going to fare in the SPL. It seems like an odd fit for him in terms of style of play, but he has a bit of quality and I want to see how he does if he is tasked with providing that final ball. His dad is English, so surely the work permit shouldn’t be an issue.

I wouldn’t read too much into his international appearances. Canada has annual January camp with the Scandanavian players on break and the MLS players in the off-season. It always features a few new faces or players on the fringe of the squad and a closed-door friendly to end the camp that is a glorified training match. In his debut, Canada subbed keepers at half, the debutant keeper hit the post in the 55th, went off and Canada finished with a defender in goal and still won 4-2. In his last appearance in 2020 he only appeared in one of the two matches against Barbados and didn’t feature in the “proper” match against Iceland.

Long story short - are you saying he's shite? Or at best, not a great fit for Scottish football?

1 hour ago, AmericanFan said:

Good lord... that was simply awful from United -- and SM for that matter, but just terrible by United. My fellow countryman didn't look too happy after the third miss.

On another note, is that St. Mirren's biggest home crowd in club history?

If memory serves well, the United keeper had a water bottle with a sheet of paper wrapped round it. It told him which way to dive for each St Mirren players penalty.

None of those players took a penalty.

Edited by Crawford

23 minutes ago, Crawford said:

If memory serves well, the United keeper had a water bottle with a sheet of paper wrapped round it. It told him which way to dive for each St Mirren players penalty.

None of those players took a penalty.

haha.

I get Booth isn't exactly Messi, but I've seen high school players over here with more intensity than he showed. He looked like he was warming up in training.

We've apparently offered Jamie McCart a PCA. Can't see him signing it if honest as he'll have a few better offers not that I think he's much more than a steady top flight CH though.

Worth it just for the lols as they tell us how shite he is!

Anybody else get a mysterious signed shirt through the post this week? I’m assuming it’s the 1893 club.

12 hours ago, johnnydun said:

FYI...

Ecuadorian striker Washington Corozo could sign for @DundeeFC from Scotland  current club @PumasMX from Mexico 

Great name and South American. Very left field signing…

Jimmy Fallon Yes GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

6 hours ago, hk blues said:

Long story short - are you saying he's shite? Or at best, not a great fit for Scottish football?

Definitely not shite. He has rarely played his natural position as a professional and I am unsure about his fit for Scottish football. So I am very cautious about how I think he might get on. I hope he adapts well to the pace of the SPL and that his game fits well with how Dundee wants to play (I say this having no idea what that is), but this is an unexpected landing spot.

28 minutes ago, juneof86 said:

Definitely not shite. He has rarely played his natural position as a professional and I am unsure about his fit for Scottish football. So I am very cautious about how I think he might get on. I hope he adapts well to the pace of the SPL and that his game fits well with how Dundee wants to play (I say this having no idea what that is), but this is an unexpected landing spot.

We usually like to operate with a midfield 3 as a way to ensure Charlie is included, as he's our only creator but has no pace. Shaun Byrne serves as our DM who links up with the back and keeps play progressing, and we usually have a box-to-box MF who make the runs for Charlie and tries to progress play going forward. Jordan McGhee has provided that role for us, but as he's a converted CB and our weakness in that department, I assume Chapman is being sought to fill that role.

Onto the football once again.

Griffiths hasn't been up to standard since arriving we all know that, however his showings against Hearts and Aberdeen were decent on the back of four games of Mullen being poor after his stunning form. Griffiths deserves to start again.

For me, the performances of Elliot and Kerr against Hearts were very good. Elliot gets more flak than he deserves IMO. Comparing with Marshall and Kerr there isn't a big gap between any in talent, they have all cost us as many goals as each other this season. Two aren't Dundee born, unfortunately for them.

Thought McGhee was very good against Hearts at CB and having a bit of pace which we never usually have in that position made a difference on a few occasions.

For me we start at Livi with:

Legzdins

Christie McGhee Sweeney Kerr

Byrne Adam Anderson

McMullen Griffiths McCowan 

I'd like to think we'll manage our squad with players just back from injury, such as Byrne being rested against Dumbarton. I mention this as under McPake we continually don't rest players when we have opportunities and have to deal with the consequences. I'd be looking at Dumbarton (bearing in mind we play Saints in a big game the same week)with a team like:

Legzdins 

Kerr Fontaine Sweeney Marshall

McMullen McGhee Anderso Jakubiak

Mullen

Cummings

Sorry for the length of post got myself carried away there.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

58 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Mon now. Let's hear it .

Rumour is we have two Dutch trialists in, and took part in the bounce game vs. Forfar. Osaze Urhoghide, also Dutch, reported as a loan target for us. Another rumour yesterday suggested we're looking at bringing in Sydney van Hooijdonk, son of Pierre, on loan from Bologna. Whether or not either of them were among the Dutch trialists is up for specultation.