All things Dundee FC

53 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

Bonetti...i really dinna get the love-in dundee fans have for him..with the amount of pretend money he spent he got us a 6th place finish and he couldnt manage his way out of an open door.

Because I havnt seen anything better. Probably the best time of my life supporting dundee when they were here. Pretend money or not for me at the time was irrelevant, was home n away watching us n was just great. I was lucky enough with Dundee I went out to Perugia. He brought a Claudio Caniggia to Dens. An incredible time even winning f**k all. 

Your older ( sure you said 50s) so you may have seen good football before I was born. I've seen f**k all apart from them moments with the  Bonettis n who they brought in.

Felt good writing that tbh.

However right this moment supporting Dundee..... aye less said the better ( says pretty much every c**t ) 

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Alan Pattullo pretty precisely hitting the nail on the head. Another moment in the history books, and not a highlight.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/rangers/why-it-was-an-onerous-afternoon-at-dens-park-3609379

My 82 year old Mum is in that pic with my brother.

Poor fuckers.

58 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

1500 fans for a home SC Quarter Final 😂

Your club is literally lucky to ever breach 1500 fans at a game and you got papped out the cup by some junior team.

Settle the f**k doon yi daft Fermer bastirt. 

Some of the football and players at Dens during the Bonetti were were mental. The Sara hat-trick was a glorious night, only soured by that disgraceful challenge from which I don't think FabCab ever truly recovered. Then that Nemsadze chip at Tannadice after a sunstained chant of "You've only got two points" at a seething DAB support, beating both the bigot brothers away and some mad goalfests in away games. I mind one 3-2 win at McDiarmid where we really should have scored 8. Caniggia missed at least 3 one-on-ones and we somehow failed to score from a 5 on 2 breakaway. Wild.

For all that though we won absolutely nothing and the club have never really recovered in the 20+ years since. We continue to allow absolute chancers into the boardroom and continue to throw money at shite managers and look destined to be a yo-yo club for years. Pish.

8 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Because I havnt seen anything better. Probably the best time of my life supporting dundee when they were here. Pretend money or not for me at the time was irrelevant, was home n away watching us n was just great. I was lucky enough with Dundee I went out to Perugia. He brought a Claudio Caniggia to Dens. An incredible time even winning f**k all. 

Your older ( sure you said 50s) so you may have seen good football before I was born. I've seen f**k all apart from them moments with the  Bonettis n who they brought in.

However right this moment supporting Dundee..... aye less said the better ( says pretty much every c**t ) 

im 49 and for 49 of those years we have been shite..the bonetti years were when you look at it still shite..admittedly we played some good stuff at times but more often than not folded quicker than a bad poker hand when the times got tough...he signed some very good players but didnt have a fucking clue on how to mould them into a team...a decent manager would have had us kissing silver before it went tits up...and i still think we are where we are today due to the bonetti "experiment"

5 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

im 49 and for 49 of those years we have been shite..the bonetti years were when you look at it still shite..admittedly we played some good stuff at times but more often than not folded quicker than a bad poker hand when the times got tough...he signed some very good players but didnt have a fucking clue on how to mould them into a team...a decent manager would have had us kissing silver before it went tits up...and i still think we are where we are today due to the bonetti "experiment"

Tbf we were decent in 86/87 and 87/88 until Angus Crook punted John Brown to the ***s for comparative sweeties. That season fell apart totally when it had started so well. Since then, bar some exciting mid-90s stuff in Division One, it's been unremittingly shite. 

3 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Tbf we were decent in 86/87 and 87/88 until Angus Crook punted John Brown to the ***s for comparative sweeties. That season fell apart totally when it had started so well. Since then, bar some exciting mid-90s stuff in Division One, it's been unremittingly shite. 

agreed i tell my young lads that our team in the mid 80's would give the bigot brothers a right good go now....think it shows how far we and the scottish game has fallen in recent years...that dundee team with coyne/wright etc were still a mid to lower division team..where now that team would comfortably skelp the shite on display now.

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

When (not if), I buy the club, Jocky will be Technical Director and Ivano will be Chief Scout.

I’ll stick money in my hat for that.”, so far £4.60 but every little helps

2 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

Think yourself lucky I’m 26 I barely remember caniggia or ravanelli , my moment of “glory” as a was the current and aptly named “tunnocks tea cake cup” where we scraped a win over Inverness, remember things can always be worse, but then again a wins a win.

Edited by D TOTAL
Who’s had that hardest slog, older yin’s who have memories or younger yin’s who have in memory our star striker being Sean Higgins which a steak in his shoe or something like that????

11 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

f**k up and get back to telling us how Mark McGhee is doing a 'pretty good' job instead of crying about dots m8.

Temper temper diddums. I'll have the last fucking laugh when Muttley keeps us up.

Thank you.

10 hours ago, Meeniedee said:

Totally agree with you. The second season of Bonetti, was absolutely shite.

11 hours ago, Meeniedee said:

Surely the 2014-15 season finishing 6th was decent, or the season with Stewart and Hemmings on form. The team that followed with McGowan and Kamara in centre midfield was always a competitive Premiership side as well.

What a sad time being a Dundee fan. I’ve completely lost my passion for the club and feel absolutely no hope going forward that things will improve. On and off the park there is no clear strategy, no purpose, no leadership. The disconnect between the club and fans is the lowest I can remember in my lifetime. Nelms is utterly hopeless and completely out of his depth. Fast forward a few years and we’ll be in league 1 at this rate.

Yep, a truly heads gone, verge of tears post.

Anyway, please continue…

2 minutes ago, Liam89 said:

What a sad time being a Dundee fan. I’ve completely lost my passion for the club and feel absolutely no hope going forward that things will improve. On and off the park there is no clear strategy, no purpose, no leadership. The disconnect between the club and fans is the lowest I can remember in my lifetime. Nelms is utterly hopeless and completely out of his depth. Fast forward a few years and we’ll be in league 1 at this rate.

Yep, a truly heads gone, verge of tears post.

Anyway, please continue…

It's a really really miserable time. 

Can only hope everything changes over the summer. 

Thank you. 

18 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

John Nelms on 'club business in Italy...' must be talking to Bonetti's agent or just watching the rugby. Hard to predict IMO.

In his defence, he was in Italy meeting with Macron along with Provan Sports, a trip which was planned ages ago.

If they get their development, they won't be investing more in Dundee FC, it will just be part of the maintainence from income.

They really couldn't give a flying F what division we are in, as long as they get their project sooner rather later. 

The club is less expensive for them the longer we stay up but it's really inconsequential.

Stadium income, rental income and let the cash roll in. Screw the club and the supporters.