All things Dundee FC

20 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Georgi and Dariusz stand out alone from the rest of the pack for me only just mind you. Caniggia, Speroni, Caballero and Artero not far behind. 

He's not quite the level of those, but Sara stands out as my ultimate cult hero.

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

Georgi and Dariusz stand out alone from the rest of the pack for me only just mind you. Caniggia, Speroni, Caballero and Artero not far behind. 

I would say that, in terms of pure skill on the pitch, Nemsadze and Ketsbaia were the best. Caniggia, Caballero, Dariusz & Carranza were next, then Sara & Artero. Zurab was the best defender I've seen play for us, hands down.

50 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

I would say that, in terms of pure skill on the pitch, Nemsadze and Ketsbaia were the best. Caniggia, Caballero, Dariusz & Carranza were next, then Sara & Artero. Zurab was the best defender I've seen play for us, hands down.

Forgot all about Ketsbaia and Zura 🤦🏻‍♂️

Decent back up for Championship level and would allow Sharp out on loan and for us to punt Lawlor.

Wouldn't be devastated but not gonna get me excited either.

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Well, we have our first published-in-the-press transfer link now out, and a former player to boot.

Was it Mitchell that "saved" a goal while he was in the back of the net himself?

Can't remember who it was but I was howling laughing at that.

You’re too young for the Jim Duffy era I’m guessing? In terms of pure defending JD was brilliant. Great reader of the game and won virtually EVERY tackle. Class.

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

You’re too young for the Jim Duffy era I’m guessing? In terms of pure defending JD was brilliant. Great reader of the game and won virtually EVERY tackle. Class.

Spot on, a better centre half I've never seen.

Duffy paid players out of his own pocket and acted as a kit man whilst player manager as well.

He also stuck by us during the first admin despite the fact Partick Thistle were offering him more stability, a job closer to home and let's be honest, probably an easier/more cushty job at the time.

He might not be the best manager in the world but will not hear a word against him. Love the guy.

Edited by Ludo*1