All things Dundee FC

They fell right down in my estimation a few Christmas ago when I got given one of those fucking massive ones you see at the festive season and in airports and it never contained one enormous bar but 8 individual, and admittedly still huge, bars.

My childhood dreams of an angular chocolate you could feasibly beat a man to death with were shattered.

I went through something similar with easter eggs. Was expecting a solid mass of chocolate, no some wafer thin garbage so pumped full of preservatives that it tastes nothing like the confection it was purporting to represent with a tiny wee mini-bag of smarties inside. Even more disappointing the scoundrels who don't even seal the egg so it's already in two halves when you open it. I also remember being particularly upset when it was explained to me that wine gums were not in fact alcoholic.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/4204459/george-cran-dundee-contracts-stadium-issues-big-questions-john-nelms/

Recurring theme here from Nelms & co. Radio silence for months on end, no decisions, no long term planning & no stadium development - shock.

Externally the fans are second guessing what our progression looks like, but worryingly it looks like internally, no one does either.

Say what you want about the tele but all the questions raised are legitimate in this instance.

6 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

All fair points made. Remember when the first public consultation happened in 2017/18 and being ridiculously excited about the whole project. 

They like to wheel out the whole stadium thing when things are going bad as a carrot on a stick. I really don't see it happening anymore and think nelms and friends are trying to mitigate losses as they look for an exit.

Keyes said years ago, pre COVID I would add, that he was expecting to see returns and was disappointed and concerned that it wasn't happening. He said he placed all his hope into the new project to turn that around. Since then we've had COVID, tanking of the pound (which would have benefited Keyes and wasn't taken advantage of), cost of living/energy skyrocketing and no meaningful progress since other than a rather benign filing.

Not extending players or management is a financial benefit (currently for flexibility) but does not help mentally in the push for promotion but again, what's the point when we aren't even sure who is going to be steering the ship.

Classic 'mountain out of a molehill' journalism imo. Looking for some crisis in a quiet week, if getting promoted requires re-signing a bunch of jobbers that got us relegated then we'd be as well staying here for next season imo.

The desire to win a league/gain promotion should already be there, and would help them secure contracts afterward regardless, here or elsewhere. If not, they're not worth re-signing.

As for the stadium stuff, change the bloody record already.

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Why don't they just build the stadium for a start, and let all the other nonsense gradually develop over time, if it's needed at all? What's the hold up? Too much bullshite. IMO.

I think they were hoping for BAGS of venture capital and it didn't materialise.

The stadium topic has been done to death and I know most dee's are sick of hearing of it so lets park that to the side. The only thing I would say is that my best guess is Nelms & co have realised just how much is needed to be done to realise a stadium on that site.

I'm on the fence regarding the players contracts. I think irrespective or what league we are in we are going to see a large portion of them leaving and a big summer rebuild. The problem is that players get contracts regardless, so if it has been used as a tool to get extra motivation out of them to get Dundee where they want to be there's a chance that could backfire. 

On 09/03/2023 at 13:20, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Some CNC routering artwork.

claudio33.thumb.jpg.34ff3a2a2a59aeb93fe0d4cbfb735890.jpg

Thank you.

Excellent.

Bought myself the Pat Liney printed Goalkeeper top this week -  a must have for any Dee memorbilia collectors. One to look back in in years to come and a great tribute to the man. 

Thank you, 

As for the football, if we're sitting anything off joint second with Partick and five off the top by Sunday we're doing well. 

Doesn't mean panic has to set in though. Massive game at Partick next week and Queens April fixtures are tough. 

Confident we'll take this league - lets take the weekends results as they come without any knicker wetting. The local media have done their best to start that this week, 

Thank you, 

Edited by Dundee-FC92

27 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Considering all the past rumours of him training with us and such, pre-contract when?

Least another 10 month as he's contracted with Elgin until 2024.

Footballing icons certainly, real men, without any doubt! My respect and regards to these three gentlemen.

Never been a political animal, not my thing and never has been, however the BBC are a national disgrace at this time.  

Merely my opinion.

TELEMMGLPICT000228338454_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqj6VmRr9JY1gG9W9BgJOwkRdVFBjhB7vlHXvdR3ipeiQ.webp.c05e6c7e76a7078b6f6e6671af5e4a7c.webp

Edited by This Charming Man

4 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

As for the football, if we're sitting anything off joint second with Partick and five off the top by Sunday we're doing well. 

Doesn't mean panic has to set in though. Massive game at Partick next week and Queens April fixtures are tough. 

Confident we'll take this league - lets take the weekends results as they come without any knicker wetting. The local media have done their best to start that this week, 

Thank you, 

That’ll do.

No thank you.