All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

No it isn't. I said if the league was over this weekend.

I've made plans now for next Friday which don't include Ochilview, it's not worth the hassle anyway.

They'd rather have an empty, soulless stadium (they'll sell fuckall tickets as only season ticket holders or members are entitled to a +1) for the final game if the league is up for grabs. If its over this weekend however they'll throw the tickets at us and try to profit. No surprise that the Glasgow Gretna are mimicking their 'proper' teams in Celtic and Rangers when it comes to ticketing.

Queens Park will be down the tubes in a few years and this'll be forgotten while they squat with the Cowdenbeath in footballing obscurity. Don't let it be forgotten however that it was only The Mighty Dee who evicted the money- men from appearing at the top level on their cash crusade. At least Gretna reached the top flight and nearly won the Scottish cup.

Have your 900 at the final game and we'll have the title.

Thank you.

Regardless of the title being up for grabs or not, if there is a demand for more than 400 tickets then saying thanks, but no thanks would be cutting our noses off to spite our face.   

I don't blame them for limiting our allocation IF it's because they can sell the additional briefs to their fans.  If it's just to limit our numbers then they're being dicks but we should prioritise our fans' needs than sticking two fingers up to them.

IMO.

33 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Now it's up to the SPFL Board's decision.

This is very Old Firmy behaviour. I can't see under what rules the SPFL board could possibly intervene here. All the rules require is that a section is set aside for away fans, and that a "reasonable" amount of tickets are sold. Over 10% of the capacity of the stadium is more than reasonable for any game.

The biggest beef for Dundee fans in my opinion was that you were more than happy to give us the whole away end on our previous 2 visits. Now if you can sell a number of tickets for that end and reduce our quota then fair enough. It just all seems a bit churlish that you'd be happy to deny us the 'normal' away allocation when you were happy to give us it before and you can't fill any of it yourselves

Edited by ScottyDee1893

Just now, ScottyDee1893 said:

The biggest beef for Dundee fans in my opinion was that you were more than happy to give us the whole away end on our previous 2 visits. Now if you can sell a number of tickets for that end and reduce our quota then fair enough. It just all seems a bit churlish that you'd be happy to deny us the 'normal' away allocation when you were happy to give us it before

If Dundee had acted like a normal football club with regards to our ticketing at Dens earlier in the season, we might very well not be having these discussions. Tiny amount of notice, pick up from the stadium only, then actually open a cash gate. “f**k around, find out” I believe the kids say. Dundee treated us as an afterthought, I’ve no problem with us giving some back.

Dundee are understandably disappointed, but forcing a team to give more away tickets sets a dangerous precedent with all the moaning Celtic and Rangers fans do these days about wanting a bigger allocation at places like Rugby Park.

Also, any intervention here might have an impact on how many tickets the two arsecheeks then need to give each other for their hatefest which is a bigger factor in why I wouldn't expect the SPFL to do anything.

Edited by Zanetti

3 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Dundee are understandably disappointed, but forcing a team to give more away tickets sets a dangerous precedent with all the moaning Celtic and Rangers fans do these days about wanting a bigger allocation at places like Rugby Park.

No, giving us the normal allocation you give to every other club doesn't set a 'dangerous precedent' at all.

2 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Dundee are rightfully disappointed, but forcing a team to give more away tickets sets a dangerous precedent with all the moaning Celtic and Rangers fans do these days about wanting a bigger allocation at places like Rugby Park.

Also, any intervention here might have an impact on how many tickets the two arsecheeks then need to give each other for their hatefest which is a bigger factor in why I wouldn't expect the SPFL to do anything.

I'm not 100% sure but are QP giving Dundee a limited allocation and keeping the rest for their fans in the expectation of selling them (fair enough IMO) or are they giving Dundee a limited allocation with little hope of selling the rest to their fans (not fair enough IMO)?

Probably hedging their bets pending the weekend results.   

Just now, an86 said:

I think the one solace of Dundee clinching it this weekend will be my seat lying nice and empty as many hundreds of Dundee fans are locked out of their title party. 

Hide contents

93BFE5CD-79B2-4EF9-AEDF-44CBDBA7B4C5.jpeg.15ef5ec2699da26466a7a78605c1c9c6.jpeg

You're a weirdly spiteful person. At least that'll give you pleasure when you've fucked the title though.

1 minute ago, hk blues said:

I'm not 100% sure but are QP giving Dundee a limited allocation and keeping the rest for their fans in the expectation of selling them (fair enough IMO) or are they giving Dundee a limited allocation with little hope of selling the rest to their fans (not fair enough IMO)?

Probably hedging their bets pending the weekend results.   

This tbh - I'd imagine QP are waiting to see if this is a title deciding game or not - that will directly impact the amount of additional home tickets they will be able to sell.

If the strategy is selling an initial Dundee allocation now, with a view to re-appraising after the weekends fixutres then it makes sense tbh. 

1 minute ago, an86 said:

I think the one solace of Dundee clinching it this weekend will be my seat lying nice and empty as many hundreds of Dundee fans are locked out of their title party. 

Reveal hidden contents

93BFE5CD-79B2-4EF9-AEDF-44CBDBA7B4C5.jpeg.15ef5ec2699da26466a7a78605c1c9c6.jpeg

nice one - Cool Jesus | Make a Meme

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

This tbh - I'd imagine QP are waiting to see if this is a title deciding game or not - that will directly impact the amount of additional home tickets they will be able to sell.

If the strategy is selling an initial Dundee allocation now, with a view to re-appraising after the weekends fixutres then it makes sense tbh. 

I'd expect Dundee to do the same but would like to think Queens will review dependant on the weekend results. 

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

No, giving us the normal allocation you give to every other club doesn't set a 'dangerous precedent' at all.

The SPFL board telling home clubs how many away tickets to sell (beyond a basic 5-10%) absolutely does set a dangerous precedent.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

The allocation is whatever Queen's Park decide it'll be for any given game. Nobody is entitled to anything more than that, even under any rules as far as I'm aware.

10 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The SPFL board telling home clubs how many away tickets to sell (beyond a basic 5-10%) absolutely does set a dangerous precedent.

Lucky that has absolutely f**k all to do with this situation then eh?

2 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

The allocation is whatever Queen's Park decide it'll be for any given game. Nobody is entitled to anything more than that, even under any rules as far as I'm aware.

As has been said, if it's with the intention of you potentially selling these tickets to home fans then it's fair enough.

If it is with the intention of just leaving the usual allocation empty - not an increased allocation - then it's poor. Suppose we will find out soon enough.

30 minutes ago, an86 said:

If Dundee had acted like a normal football club with regards to our ticketing at Dens earlier in the season, we might very well not be having these discussions. Tiny amount of notice, pick up from the stadium only, then actually open a cash gate. “f**k around, find out” I believe the kids say. Dundee treated us as an afterthought, I’ve no problem with us giving some back.

That’s a rubbish excuse