All things Dundee FC

49 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Coyles claim that they controlled the game appears to be based on BBC stats of 54/46 possession for them. I would think a lot of that was based on a shambolic first half.

Legz save at the start of the second half drew a line as to who controlled and dominated that game. Over the game we had 17 shots to their 7 and 5 goals. 

To come out with a “we controlled the game” statement if you lost 1-0 to an injury time goal after battering the opponent for 90mins fair enough. 

But Dundee had 17 shots at goal with 8 on target versus QP 7 shots and 5 on target. 

I was worried he was going to collapse on the sidelines last night as he seemed to get overwhelmed with stress. 

33 minutes ago, K.T said:

Anyone else keep breaking out into wee celebrations today? :lol: 

I think if I tried, I’d cause myself an injury. 

I’m glad I had the foresight not to plan anything for today. 

Well done Dundee, welcome back to the top division! Great game and a fitting end to a very competitive title race. Delighted for the fans, the players (including Jakubiak) and Gary Bowyer. I’m glad the board stuck by him when things got a bit shaky as he’s a decent manager and a good guy. Nice touch to bring on Mr Dundee near the end. See you soon folks, have good summer!

56 minutes ago, The Master said:

They were doing a lot of tippy-tappy stuff in defence at 4-3. And we let them, because why not? They couldn’t score two goals while passing it between the back line in their own half.

We were also quick on the break in the second half. Both goals felt like back to front in a matter of seconds. 

What I liked about the 4th is how players sensed there was an opportunity from the loose ball in midfield. You can see our guys breaking forward before the initial pass is even made. 

Still caught up in the celebratory mood I’m sure, but I’m feeling optimistic for our chances next season. 

Bowyer is pragmatic. Not always going to be the most exciting but appears to know how to make us harder to beat. Hopefully this will do well in the top league. 

Us having a month more than the teams at the bottom of the premiership to prepare could be huge. Will hopefully allow Bowyer time to make signings that other teams can’t. The scenes last night should also encourage players, seeing how passionate our fans can be.

Fingers crossed we can keep Robinson. Him and Jak last night looked like they were loving life. Surely you’d prefer this than some pishy league one team down south. 

Overall, it’s fucking great to be a Dee. 

15 minutes ago, Crawford said:

What hangover?

IMG_20230506_095748368.jpg

It was hair of the dog for me - I was still suffering from my stepdad's wake on Thursday.  Fake Festival today and then off to Pitlochry tomorrow for a stay for my birthday on Monday.

My liver will be pickled by that point.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh