All things Dundee FC

17 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Bowyer is my favourite manager since Hartley and I think he's better than him.

f**k right off.

There’s not been much to choose from Ludo, to be fair. But he’s mine too. 
Lots of change this summer I suspect. Exciting!

Courier adds this:

We are going to sit down with Gordon (Strachan) and everybody will get together and start talking about what’s next,” Nelms replied.

“We will let these guys enjoy it for a while and then get down to work.”

Asked again if Bowyer would be one of the first to talk to, the American said: “Let’s enjoy the win and then look at everybody and see where we are going.”

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Courier adds this:

We are going to sit down with Gordon (Strachan) and everybody will get together and start talking about what’s next,” Nelms replied.

Asked again if Bowyer would be one of the first to talk to, the American said: “Let’s enjoy the win and then look at everybody and see where we are going.”

Bowyer left Blackpool after winning the league to spend more time with his family.

It doesn't sound like an impossibility.

10 hours ago, Big Gus said:

I don't think there's really any need for that. Especially when we're in triumph. 

He's an annoying Kent but he's not that bad. You can just scroll past...

Sorry but he’s a wind up merchant who thinks he’s smart, imo and I detest him. 
Each to his own but I think he should stick to commenting on Saints threads. 

Edited by Fifespud

There’s been rumours for last few weeks he would return down south. I hope not as for the first time in a long time, since Hartley tbh, I’ve felt like we’ve had a proper manager. 

It all sounds a bit ominous, but that’s maybe me being pessimistic. 

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Courier adds this:

Concerning comments to be honest. It sounds to me like we are going to lose him.

Put that together with losing a full squad the rebuild over the summer would be colossal. Not that it wasn’t with Bowyer still in place anyway…

7 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Bowyer left Blackpool after winning the league to spend more time with his family.

His comments in The Scotsman sound like a message to Keyes. Back me or I'm off:

'Obviously that will take a lot of hard work both on and off the pitch. Finance comes into that as well. Hearing what clubs pay in the Premiership, I’m not talking top four but lower down, and how competitive it is it is a big ask next season. We have 20 players out of contract as well. I only signed one permanent player this season as well as Pierre Reedy and Derick Osei. The club has now got to move forward.'

And I think Nelms loves a pushover rather than a manager making proper demands as that's why he tends to go with rookies. So dunno how kindly he'll take that.

Edited by Ludo*1

36 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Don't know what your issue is with Hannant? He has done a half decent job with us, he is enjoying his achievement and connecting with fans.

And yes to answer your question, I have managed people, lots of them at all different levels from all different countries and backgrounds, I have also been involved in football management.

Respect @johnnydun as always. Excellent poster on P&B and I respect your opinion.

However, having watched the feller Hannant operate on the park, we clearly have a different opinion on his work application and actual effectiveness to the team. Now it would appear he's excelling online, where he failed to contribute and entertain on the park, lol.

It may be my basic expectations outstrip the average modern player and having watched Dundee FC since 1975 I  may have outstayed my welcome in this regard.

The youngster it would appear @Liam899, go easy on the red dots young man. Alternatively at least post a relevant response to others' postings.

Regards as always.

image(1).gif.c170354c73a673650e0791083c8d8eee.gif

1 minute ago, This Charming Man said:

Respect @johnnydun as always. Excellent poster on P&B and I respect your opinion.

However, having watched the feller Hannant operate on the park, we clearly have a different opinion on his work application and actual effectiveness to the team. Now it would appear he's excelling online, where he failed to contribute and entertain on the park, lol.

It may be my basic expectations outstrip the average modern player and having watched Dundee FC since 1975 I  may have outstayed my welcome in this regard.

The youngster it would appear @Liam899, go easy on the red dots young man. Alternatively at least post a relevant response to others' postings.

Regards as always.

image(1).gif.c170354c73a673650e0791083c8d8eee.gif

A lot of Dundee fans have watched far better sides than this current one. I don’t particularly rate Hannant but he’s contributed and that’s all I’m highlighting. Is he good enough if we have aspirations of stabilising in the Premiership? Probably not. You definitely sit in the Main stand though. 

2 minutes ago, Liam899 said:

A lot of Dundee fans have watched far better sides than this current one. I don’t particularly rate Hannant but he’s contributed and that’s all I’m highlighting. Is he good enough if we have aspirations of stabilising in the Premiership? Probably not. You definitely sit in the Main stand though. 

Probably like you Liam, I am opposite the Main Stand.

There's a thought eh?

We're all Dark Blue though, regardless of our opinions.

All the best my man.

Don't know why Bowyer is talking about next season wanting to stop the yo-yoing and wanting to take on the Premiership, especially now when there is room to do so, if he's so apparently hell bent on leaving.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

His comments in The Scotsman sound like a message to Keyes. Back me or I'm off:

'Obviously that will take a lot of hard work both on and off the pitch. Finance comes into that as well. Hearing what clubs pay in the Premiership, I’m not talking top four but lower down, and how competitive it is it is a big ask next season. We have 20 players out of contract as well. I only signed one permanent player this season as well as Pierre Reedy and Derick Osei. The club has now got to move forward.'

And I think Nelms loves a pushover rather than a manager making proper demands as that's why he tends to go with rookies. So dunno how kindly he'll take that.

It's a fair point and one any manager should be out making going into a new season. I see this as being a response from Nelms:

image.png.f303b876379067761baa0ecfca650f35.png

I think it goes without saying that Bowyer will have a much bigger say on transfers this coming season, and I don't doubt for him to be backed at least as well as other seasons, which should have been more than enough to build a squad capable of staying up if not for the rubbish recruitment.

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

This is obviously the biggest reason, and if he has previous for it then fair, but it only confirms to me that it definitely won't be Blackpool if that was too far for him. If a team at their level in Greater Manchester or thereabouts is needing a new manager, he'd probably seriously consider it.

Why come to Scotland if you don't want to try and cut your teeth in the top league, I say, and I reckon he's the same. I think he's staying.

Inb4, I've been getting everything wrong recently in my personal life so I can't wait for this post to age well!

8 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I'll believe that when I see it stated as official fact, boy is absolutely dedicated to improving himself as a footballer and there are ways to get an education outside of attending on campus full-time.

He'll be playing in the top flight next season.

7 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Don't know why Bowyer is talking about next season wanting to stop the yo-yoing and wanting to take on the Premiership, especially now when there is room to do so, if he's so apparently hell bent on leaving.

It's a fair point and one any manager should be out making going into a new season. I see this as being a response from Nelms:

I think it goes without saying that Bowyer will have a much bigger say on transfers this coming season, and I don't doubt for him to be backed at least as well as other seasons, which should have been more than enough to build a squad capable of staying up if not for the rubbish recruitment.

This is obviously the biggest reason, and if he has previous for it then fair, but it only confirms to me that it definitely won't be Blackpool if that was too far for him. If a team at their level in Greater Manchester or thereabouts is needing a new manager, he'd probably seriously consider it.

Why come to Scotland if you don't want to try and cut your teeth in the top league, I say, and I reckon he's the same. I think he's staying.

Inb4, I've been getting everything wrong recently in my personal life so I can't wait for this post to age well!

It’s all rumours obviously but he may have decided that he wanted to come to Dundee to get promotion and rebuild his stock after failing at Salford.

32 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Good luck with 3-5-2’s and watching a RB being played on the left side. 

Tbf they already have that with Cammy Kerr.

And where ever he goes next has to put up with 3 months of 5-2-3 before he realises its dreadful again.

With regard to the Cameron rumour of part time football I don't see that as a barrier to him staying at Dens. Alan Cousin was a teacher as well as playing in the best Dundee team ever. Ally Donaldson played his finest seasons for Dundee later on in his career after turning part time. I know we are in different times but the dedication that young Lyall has I wouldn't see his fitness levels dropping off that much should he be part time. Add to the fact he would be a student then surely there is some opportunity to join in sessions with the full timers.