All things Dundee FC

I remember way back then when Archie Knox brought in , Brown, Conner, rafferty, McCormack, and McWilliams, we lost the first 4 games , before putting United to the sword with a well deserved 4.3 win at Tannadice, we just kept going after that and the team gelled in nicely, well Doc has brought in much more than the 5 new signings that Archie brought in , so let’s give them time it’s only two league games in , 

44 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

I remember way back then when Archie Knox brought in , Brown, Conner, rafferty, McCormack, and McWilliams, we lost the first 4 games , before putting United to the sword with a well deserved 4.3 win at Tannadice, we just kept going after that and the team gelled in nicely, well Doc has brought in much more than the 5 new signings that Archie brought in , so let’s give them time it’s only two league games in , 

Any excuse for this -

17 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Can't believe people are giving up faith on Robinson already after last season when they know that Rudden is the alternative.

I'd give Robinson a wee rest as well tbf. I'd try Pineda and Bakayoko out then bring on Robinson for whomever was more pish.

I've certainly not lost the faith. I still think he is the best striker in our squad. I don't even want Rudden to replace him necessarily. We need to find a way to get the best out of Robinson and I'm not quite sure the partnership with Bakayoko is doing that. 

Having said that he hasn't been at his best in the opening 2 games. I'm more than confident that will come as he gets used to the step up and challenges that come with it.

16 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

This goalkeeper shuffling has been weird. 

Tim Krul looks like he’s moving to Luton so think that’s prompted the recall. There’s been interest in Angus Gunn too so think Doc’s moved for Carson to cover this off. 

7 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Robinson is a ball player. Plenty of teams have a guy like that, so play him in. Don't ever expect him to do a Rudden. Completely different player and far more tactically aware. 

Hopefully not coming over as too negative here, but is he a ball player? I don’t think his touch is that great, Jakubiak was more of a ‘ball’ player. I’d say his hold up play is ‘ok’, his touch is ‘ok’, his pace is ‘ok’, he is pretty good at taking chances. 

14 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

French turning out for the B lot this evening. Hopefully no too far away from the 1st's

Great to see him back to playing, hopefully this and the friendly against Burnley get him up to speed.

Was hoping to see Reilly turn out for us tonight too, getting frustrated at the mix of him not being available and not knowing what his injury status even is at this point.

11 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Hopefully not coming over as too negative here, but is he a ball player? I don’t think his touch is that great, Jakubiak was more of a ‘ball’ player. I’d say his hold up play is ‘ok’, his touch is ‘ok’, his pace is ‘ok’, he is pretty good at taking chances. 

I think what might bring the best out of Robinson is another intelligent player who can read how he plays and run into the spaces Robinson creates, and vice-versa. I said before that I though Robinson and Pineda might be an 'either/or' deal, but having thought about it a bit more I think that might actually turn out to be the best combination of the 4 forwards we have in the squad. We definitely need to mix it up an bit and find out the best paring, and I'd echo what was said before about Robinson still being a young player. Folk need to remember that, and accept that he's not likely to produce every single week of the season and will need a breather now and again. He's got a body of work sufficient to prove he's a more than capable player, so any perception of him going off the boil a bit is a form/consistency thing, not lack of ability. I don't have any doubt that Robinson is one part of our best pairing, the issue is finding the other part to make it work.

Just now, Derry Alli said:

It - apparently - wasn't ever us. It was Dundee United.

Aye was reported as all 3, but in reports of us pulling out its just United being mentioned.