All things Dundee FC

3 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

Very poor performance last night. Boateng and Sylla looked like they had never been asked to make a five yard pass to a team-mate before, and both wanted far too much time on the ball. Tiffoney beat his man the first time he went on the attack and did nothing at all after that. No idea what Carson was doing for their first goal, but he did make a few really good saves after that. Beck looked really good in the further forward role, was the only real bright spot. Pineda should be starting at the weekend, Rudden & Baka have offered nothing going forward, other than weak shots and poor build-up play.

Our season won't be defined by games against the Bigot Brothers, but we need to start scoring - Shaughnessey is our only player with more than one league goal this season.

To be fair to Baka he had a perfectly good goal chopped off at the weekend.

Hopefully last night was just a blip. It looked like we were trying to force it a bit and our formation change was a screw up imo.

1 hour ago, The Algebraist said:

To be fair to Baka he had a perfectly good goal chopped off at the weekend.

Hopefully last night was just a blip. It looked like we were trying to force it a bit and our formation change was a screw up imo.

Also think he scored against St.Johnstone even though Tiffoney got the credit.

Are we the only team that gets scurddered against the twa twins 5/6 -0 every time, feels like every time we are the only ones that seem to lie down and take a ramming when evry other team seems to at least make a go and get a “respectable” 1/2-0 loss or sneak a draw

8 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

Are we the only team that gets scurddered against the twa twins 5/6 -0 every time, feels like every time we are the only ones that seem to lie down and take a ramming when evry other team seems to at least make a go and get a “respectable” 1/2-0 loss or sneak a draw

Utd 0 Celtic 9

A lot of criticism for the teams performance against Rangers, which is fair enough. 

It is the case that any team could be on the end of a scudding like that from the old firm. Only reason we are so disappointed is because we know how we can perform on evidence of this season so far which can only be a good thing. Don't judge us on these games etc etc usual cliché that comes out after a match against the ugly sisters.

A chance to put it right on Sunday with what could be tremendous back-to-back wins against Livi. That's what we are aiming for on Sunday, not many times over the past few seasons could we say that. 

Yes Wednesday was shite but the best remedy for that is to get the team quickly in to another game.

Mon the fuckin Dee.

Edited by Pens_Dark

17 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

Celtic beat us 5-0 at RP last September and then were 4-0 up against us in 30 minutes (and missed a penalty) at Rugby Park in May.

We were far too open the other night with Boateng frequently our furthest forward player instead of deep beside Sylla. Not bringing on Roberston for McCowan when he was bowing out his arse and we wanted to tighten the game up was odd too. Going forward, when we are playing at home against the teams around us we have to be more attacking so none of this 5 at the back. Portales has begun to impress but he must be be the right sided CH. Kerr and Beck are clearly the full backs so this leaves the left CH position, and at the moment it could be one from quite a few. Shaughnessy is captain, Lamie natural position, McGhee played really well v Hearts there, Ashcroft can and Donnelly could really impress with a run of games. I'd like to see Boateng Sylla just in front but willing to drive forward given the opportunity. McCowan Tiffoney Pineda and Bakayoko as a combo could well work. We are in November and while we're edging toward our best team / formation I don't think we are there yet. Above is just another punt 

Thought a few of this thread's aulder inhabitants might like to see this clip. I'm just slightly too young to remember 60's Dundee, but most of the places I recognise, and I can certainly remember a lot of these tenements lying empty ready for demolition in the 70's. Younger folk don't seem to comprehend me when I tell them that buildings were a lot tattier and grimier when I was a bairn, but I think the colour photos capture that and show it well. Fascinating.

42 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Thought a few of this thread's aulder inhabitants might like to see this clip. I'm just slightly too young to remember 60's Dundee, but most of the places I recognise, and I can certainly remember a lot of these tenements lying empty ready for demolition in the 70's. Younger folk don't seem to comprehend me when I tell them that buildings were a lot tattier and grimier when I was a bairn, but I think the colour photos capture that and show it well. Fascinating.

A common pastime was jumping from the 2nd/3rd floor of the derelict tenement onto a pile a mattresses, couldn't see the attraction in it, too dangerous for me. IMO.

Thank you.

Just now, Boo Khaki said:

Every single time I ran oot the door I would get "You sty awa fae that derelict hoose, ye hear me???" 😆

Classic stuff. Only watched 10 minutes so far but will defo keep dipping in. The green buses! We used to get them into the town from our house in Charleston Drive. Don’t know why they changed them! 

Simply awesome images @Boo Khaki, thank you for that. Probably take me weeks to watch it all, mostly before my time however, lol.

Developed an interest in Dundee images from my Grandparents who always had a collection of 'Auld Dundee' books to reach for and read when I was a youngster.

Having moved from near Dens Park to Broughty Ferry in the mid 70's at the age of 10 I still retain a sense of pride my elder brother and I chose to remain at Clepington Primary and Morgan Academy respectively. I like to believe it provided an edge over many poncey plebs in future life, which it did in fairness, lol. 

Also having spent the thick end of my working life around the streets of Dundee I wish I had carried a camera to capture the changes like the fellow who took the image below whilst working our patch. His collection is currently on Flickr.

Regards

DensPark1986.thumb.jpg.1d3bfef28874ad630c8f82082269bbca.jpg