All things Dundee FC

It's sad to see anyone lose their jobs, let alone folk who have been there for years. Sometimes things just need a change of tact and people move on.

I'm not sure whether Jnr's leaking of videos etc has come back to bite them. Hopefully they get something sorted sharpish.

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

It's sad to see anyone lose their jobs, let alone folk who have been there for years. Sometimes things just need a change of tact and people move on.

I'm not sure whether Jnr's leaking of videos etc has come back to bite them. Hopefully they get something sorted sharpish.

My 1st thought was the same about the videos.  

11 hours ago, Fifespud said:

If it is it will only be a loan. An obvious next step in his career I suppose providing he plays and isn’t going to play at Liverpool. Cuntos could have offered us Montgomery though. 

I can’t help feeling like Celtic would be the most pointless move he could make.  A team with an established, although replaceable, left-back, that will dominate every game they play and no longer in Europe.  At least he’d get a sniff of European football at Rangers.

Appreciate they maybe feel he’d be better served being at a higher level than us, but going to the OF will arguably be a step down in difficulty.

12 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

I can’t help feeling like Celtic would be the most pointless move he could make.  

Agreed with that.

A waste of time for literally everybody.

14 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

I can’t help feeling like Celtic would be the most pointless move he could make.  A team with an established, although replaceable, left-back, that will dominate every game they play and no longer in Europe.  At least he’d get a sniff of European football at Rangers.

Appreciate they maybe feel he’d be better served being at a higher level than us, but going to the OF will arguably be a step down in difficulty.

Get Klopp telt

20 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

And Celtic never stop moaning about lack of competition in Scottish football , and yet here we have them wanting to weaken a team by having beck sit on their bench for the rest of the season 

If Owen Beck is sitting on their bench whilst Greg Taylor gets a game, then Celtic have bigger problems than that!

1 hour ago, Wee jeemie said:

Taylor has 13 full caps , no way would Beck just walk into the Celtic left back slot , he’d be on the bench 

Not a chance. Taylor is the definition of average IMO.

2 hours ago, Wee jeemie said:

And Celtic never stop moaning about lack of competition in Scottish football , and yet here we have them wanting to weaken a team by having beck sit on their bench for the rest of the season 

Would Liverpool agree to him sitting on the bench with maybe a few minutes here and there, though? Would make no sense unless it was a stepping stone to a possible permanent move in the summer. 

29 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Not a chance. Taylor is the definition of average IMO.

If Beck looks decent, Taylor would be under real pressure. I also reckon Taylor is being asked to do a job by Rodgers that he isn't really capable of. The opportunity is there. 

A few of our fans are hearing that Bowyer is the front runner for our current vacancy. 

I’m a fan of the idea in prospect but iirc he split opinion amongst you guys last season? Wasn’t the verdict that he made hard work of winning the league? 

Taylor Vs Beck? No contest , at 21 beck is already a better player. Anyway, we move on. Beck won't be back to us and I wish him well wherever he ends up. If by a miracle he ends up at Dundee again, I'll green dot every Biggie post for the rest of my life. 

Bowyer....I thought he did ok. Was given a shoestring budget but signed a lot of pish with it. We almost fell at the last hurdle and limped over the finish line ,  which is a bit of a red flag. 

27 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

A few of our fans are hearing that Bowyer is the front runner for our current vacancy. 

I’m a fan of the idea in prospect but iirc he split opinion amongst you guys last season? Wasn’t the verdict that he made hard work of winning the league? 

Bowyer was largely supported AFAIK even at the lower points. He was largely stuck with McPake's players but still did well with the limited no. of players he could bring in, best of all being Zach Robinson. Never got on with our owners but created a good culture in the dressing room. Had a good relationship with the fans too, but got weary near the end with the reaction to draws the fans expected to be wins.

Be curious how he'd do at a club like Ayr and how much rope he'd been given, not really seen a fully Bowyer team in Scotland.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Excellent man manager, who had the awful task of getting us up with a squad of dire players built by McPake that were still tied down. Built a brilliant relationship with the fans, his signings were a bit hit or miss but  he had his hands tied behind his back. His successes though - were game changers. I'd suggest that the likes of Tyler French & Zach Robinson really helped us get over the line.

He was also ruthless - he wasn't the type that was precious about his own signings - if they weren't working or of the required quality and he could get rid, he would do so. Grayson & Osei were quickly punted so he could try and rejig the squad further.

The biggest 'black mark' against him was his treatment of Shaun Byrne - a more than able Championship midfielder, but a high earner, on a long contract. He tried to get rid of him so he could refresh the squad further and have a bit more budget to play with but it ended up in Byrne just kind of being ostracised from the squad as he didn't leave (despite offers) and with him being a semi-fan favourite created a wee bit of ill will but nothing major.

Considering we basically limped over the line - I think it highlights how good a job he actually did with our squad of McPake signed players that the fans generally still hold him in a good regard. 

Docherty has massively surpassed all expectations so most are not too displeased Bowyer's gone now, but I don't think anyone wanted him punted at the time and it created a good degree of frustration especially when it was Davidson that was being linked as his replacement.