All things Dundee FC

We've beaten League 1 clubs to his signature apparently and about to give him a 2.5 year deal. This isn't a cheap punt type IMO, this is someone we have genuine belief will add a great deal of quality to the team. Excited by this one.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

We've beaten League 1 clubs to his signature apparently and about to give him a 2.5 year deal. This isn't a cheap punt type IMO, this is someone we have genuine belief will add a great deal of quality to the team. Excited by this one.

And the fact Everton want a sell on clause kind of suggests they think he has a chance. 

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

According to Transfermarkt he can also play as a Right Back.

Might be playing on the right of a 3?

Wow. These guys are usually on huge sums of money with EPL teams. 
We recently had Small on loan from Southampton who previously had been Everton’s youngest ever first team player. 
Struggled to get a game ahead of Tanser!

Good luck!

52 minutes ago, Molotov said:

We recently had Small on loan from Southampton who previously had been Everton’s youngest ever first team player. 

Good luck!

I'm sure @RandomGuy.Will be along shortly to inform us all of his salary.

57 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Good luck!

We all know that there's some amount of shite clogging up English club youth teams but Tony Docherty's track record is currently Owen Beck & Malachi Boateng to name just 2. Players that will have careers well above Scottish football if they fulfill their potential. So I'm reasonably confident he'll at least be reasonable for us.

I’ve been really impressed with your manager. If we ever part ways with Robbo then I’d like to see TD take over the hotseat in Paisley. That’s if he is ambitious for greater success. 😂 

You guys are doing really well.

Between us we need to send those Perth Farmers down a division or two. 

Thank you!

8 minutes ago, Molotov said:

I’ve been really impressed with your manager. If we ever part ways with Robbo then I’d like to see TD take over the hotseat in Paisley. That’s if he is ambitious for greater success. 😂 

You guys are doing really well.

Between us we need to send those Perth Farmers down a division or two. 

Thank you!

Always nice* to hear from a real Saint. Thank you very much. 

*actually our match threads tend to be an utter clusterfuck but hey ho. 

4 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Dundee quietly going about their business, having a decent season and making sensible signings? Fcuk this shit. 😜

These posts are becoming tedious - especially when they're coming from clubs like the Paisley and Perth. Don't know who these diddies think they are these days.

As for Astley it looks like an exciting prospect. Like that the deals including Main are extended beyond the summer giving them half a season to bed in before we need to kick on further next season.

We continue to move forward, unfortunately I can only see a cup exit this Saturday however we shouldn't be lowering ourselves to talk of relegation battles this season. Looking for a solid few months in preparation for next season where we tear apart the likes of the DABs and look a season premiership unit under the Doc.

Thank you.

I'm sure pretty much every Dee will be the same right now, but I just have utter faith in anything that Docherty and the people around him in the club are doing. It's a fucking surreal feeling to have being a Dundee fan. 

This looks on the face of it like good business. Secured a young prospect from a PL club on a long deal. Reminds me slightly of getting Hendry - here's hoping he's just as good.

Edited by Pens_Dark

38 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

These posts are becoming tedious - especially when they're coming from clubs like the Paisley and Perth. Don't know who these diddies think they are these days.

As for Astley it looks like an exciting prospect. Like that the deals including Main are extended beyond the summer giving them half a season to bed in before we need to kick on further next season.

We continue to move forward, unfortunately I can only see a cup exit this Saturday however we shouldn't be lowering ourselves to talk of relegation battles this season. Looking for a solid few months in preparation for next season where we tear apart the likes of the DABs and look a season premiership unit under the Doc.

Thank you.

Well fcuk me, if my compliment and joke that Dundee’s rivals could be doing without this has missed the mark.

Oh well, never mind and all that.

Ryan said - 

“I spoke with the gaffer last week and I really liked what he had to say and how I can help the team. Since then it has been slowly happening and I got the call yesterday to travel up to Dundee.

“I know Owen Beck as we have the same agent, so I spoke with Owen a few days ago and he was full of praise for the club, the staff, the players, and everything about it and that sealed it for me, I knew I wanted to sign for Dundee.

“I can’t wait to train with my new teammates and to play in front of the Dundee supporters.”

So just Greg Stewart, Michael Mellon, Owen Beck to come in with Boateng, Robinson & Lamie to sign permanent deals to just about call it evens for all the January heartache we've suffered over the past 5-6 year.

Good stuff.