All things Dundee FC

4 hours ago, RawB93 said:

If anyone's feeling sorry for themselves - not only did they get turfed out by a a lower league diddy but the Johnnies also invited a bunch of Airdrie fans to come and batter them in the pub :lol: 

Aye ordinary supporters with kids getting bottles thrown at them is hilarious mate isn’t it.

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

Aye ordinary supporters with kids getting bottles thrown at them is hilarious mate isn’t it.

It's the Greg Browning character acting like an absolute moron that's the hilarious part not the predictable response from scummy Airdrie fans.

11 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's the Greg Browning character acting like an absolute moron 

He used to post on here. An absolute mouthpiece who has fucked around and found out. I hope he has taken one to the napper and feels thoroughly guilty for what has occurred.

Cammy has been a fantastic servant to the club on and off the park. I will be wishing him all the best wherever he ends up.

On a side note, fans booing Greg Stewart and calling him a w****r yesterday was out of order IMO. 

6 minutes ago, MarbellaDEE said:

Cammy has been a fantastic servant to the club on and off the park. I will be wishing him all the best wherever he ends up.

On a side note, fans booing Greg Stewart and calling him a w****r yesterday was out of order IMO. 

Agree with all of this. Especially the booing. Was bad enough and frankly embarrassing when he came back with Aberdeen and killie beforehand 

The news of Rudden and Kerr leaving is music to my ears on this fine Sunday.

Further evidence that we're moving on from the blatant disregard for the good of the club. Personally I've got nothing good to say about Kerr. He looked promising when he first broke through but the experiment was long and painful. It became stagnant very quickly yet the likes of McPake wanted to keep constants within the club. The only constant was failure and embarrassment on the whole. Without the 'one of our own' tag Kerr will be a benchwarmer in this league and lucky to be noticed in the top four right backs at Championship level. 

As for Rudden he tries his hardest and can yet improve. Martin Boyle had the touch of a donkey at Dens and the final ball of a prime Daquin and look at him now. You can never tell what the future holds but Rudden leaving is the right decision.

Ashcroft next in this window and Robertson if possible. In the summer we then begin to cull the likes of McGhee and Legzdins. Only then are we truly past the McPake and Co era.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

Feel sad for Cammy as he's lived the dream but it's the right decision . He's not good enough for the prem. I hope he's here at the end the season and gets the send off he deserves. Rudden, again feel for him, runs his heart out but it's not enough. He's been a disaster of a signing. 

Hopefully not too many changes this January as could be unsettling. 

Rudden has been told he is surplus to requirements, yet made a number of starts over Robinson.  Was starting with Rudden simply  a reflection of Robinson recovering from injury, Doc not liking what he sees in training or Doc simply looking for a different style of player to double with Bakayoko?

Regarding Kerr, he’s been a fantastic servant to the club and deserves great credit for his continuous positive attitude.  I think that moving Kerr on is another clear signal that Doc knows exactly the sort of players he wants to bring in.

As much as Kerr loves the club I think a move away at this stage of his career would be beneficial for him as well as the club.

5 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Rudden has been told he is surplus to requirements, yet made a number of starts over Robinson.  Was starting with Rudden simply  a reflection of Robinson recovering from injury, Doc not liking what he sees in training or Doc simply looking for a different style of player to double with Bakayoko?

Regarding Kerr, he’s been a fantastic servant to the club and deserves great credit for his continuous positive attitude.  I think that moving Kerr on is another clear signal that Doc knows exactly the sort of players he wants to bring in.

As much as Kerr loves the club I think a move away at this stage of his career would be beneficial for him as well as the club.

A very good post which I entirely agree with. I personally would punt Robinson back home. He scored a decent number of goals and looked like he could develop in his first spell up to Xmas last season. Since then he’s got progressively less effective and does not offer much at all. I would rather retain Rudden but neither are good enough. 

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

The news of Rudden and Kerr leaving is music to my ears on this fine Sunday.

Further evidence that we're moving on from the blatant disregard for the good of the club. Personally I've got nothing good to say about Kerr. He looked promising when he first broke through but the experiment was long and painful. It became stagnant very quickly yet the likes of McPake wanted to keep constants within the club. The only constant was failure and embarrassment on the whole. Without the 'one of our own' tag Kerr will be a benchwarmer in this league and lucky to be noticed in the top four right backs at Championship level. 

As for Rudden he tries his hardest and can yet improve. Martin Boyle had the touch of a donkey at Dens and the final ball of a prime Daquin and look at him now. You can never tell what the future holds but Rudden leaving is the right decision.

Ashcroft next in this window and Robertson if possible. In the summer we then begin to cull the likes of McGhee and Legzdins. Only then are we truly past the McPake and Co era.

Thank you.

You say that but if Cammy was playing left back yesterday instead of another makeshift player playing there , then we might’ve still lost , but absolutely no way would we have been 2nil down in 3 minutes , 

Honestly, when was the last time we actually signed a right back? Horsfield? Feels like it's been Kerr or someone out of position forever.

Actually just had a look - Christie Elliot 4 years ago this Jan :lol: 

Imagine having natural fullbacks on both sides. What a treat.

10 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

You say that but if Cammy was playing left back yesterday instead of another makeshift player playing there , then we might’ve still lost , but absolutely no way would we have been 2nil down in 3 minutes , 

If we had a competent right back we might not have been relegated continually and ragdolled derby after derby.

Yesterday doesn't touch the sides on the last decade.

Thank you.

20 hours ago, johnnydun said:

First black mark against the Doc for me today. That line up was so bad, we could all see it.

If he thinks the Scottish Cup isn't important for Dundee fans, he might need to educate himself on that.

I like you really value the Scottish cup. Great tournament. 
But my gut feeling is that TD has a focus on achieving European football through the league this season. I really feel that’s achievable for Dundee this season.
Kilmarnock under McInnes are no mugs. Beaten some top teams at Rugby Park. They have hit a good run of form of late. Not great to watch but they grind out results. 
When you are playing for one of the top 6 positions later on in the season you’ll forget all about this cold day in January. 

1 hour ago, mungo said:

Feel sad for Cammy as he's lived the dream but it's the right decision . He's not good enough for the prem. I hope he's here at the end the season and gets the send off he deserves. Rudden, again feel for him, runs his heart out but it's not enough. He's been a disaster of a signing. 

Hopefully not too many changes this January as could be unsettling. 

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

Agree with both these posts, Kerr has lived the dream, and despite his failure to ever put a decent cross in, Manager after Manager has kept him on, and the majority have played him regularly. I wish him all the best.

Rudden, I am not arsed about at all.