All things Dundee FC

38 minutes ago, mungo said:

Squad currently has 29 first team players. Usually we are around the 24 mark  . Can see Pineda  , Howley , Robertson and maybe Reilly leaving one way or another 

LOL @ your sig. Just scrolled back to find a post by him and was delighted to see you're true to your word.

1 hour ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

I'm not quoting the Doc verbatim here but basically he said last week that with only 3 players signed when he took over the only way we could get enough quality into the squad quickly was by going down the loan route. It's all about building blocks and for next season he's looking at signing more permanent, players and building up the squad even further. I think it's been the correct approach but like most Dees would be happy to see less loanees in the squad next season. It would hopefully mean another big step towards the stability we all crave.

On a side note as well as making the club a more attractive proposition for new signings it also helps enormously in persuading some of the big clubs down south to loan out their players to us when they see the success of Beck, Boateng, Mellon etc

Aye, that's a good description of what's went on tbf, and explains a lot for me really. It really makes sense when put like that.

1 hour ago, RawB93 said:

LOL @ your sig. Just scrolled back to find a post by him and was delighted to see you're true to your word.

Haha, well done @mungo.

I only see the signature when I turn my phone on its side. Fair play!

Don't really have a problem carrying a slightly bigger squad than ideal the rest of the way, because it's first season back up in the top flight, so there's a degree of throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks. Couple of weeks ago I think most of us thought Ashcroft was nailed on to farmed out to Raith or something, yet over the past few games he's probably shown himself as 4th in the CB pecking-order. If Doc can attract decent, professional players who are motivated to actually play, then it should engender a bit of competition for places. Far rather that than when we had McPake handing benefit gigs to Niall McGinn and watching Griffiths waddle about with what looked like a pillow up the front of his jersey.

13 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Do you miss signing absolute shite like this? Because I don’t. 

IMG_4590.jpeg

I have seen the guy play, its hard to compare because he did stand out at a really shit level.

Definite Yordi vibes but to be fair he was playing and scoring at a much better level and we know how that turned out.

Screenshot_20240201_185424_Chrome.thumb.jpg.03aa732902a8e7fc163ad5fce474d657.jpg

3 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Haha, well done @mungo.

I only see the signature when I turn my phone on its side. Fair play!

Owen Becks presence has restored peace and harmony to the universe . I love you Biggie 

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

Do you miss signing absolute shite like this? Because I don’t. 

IMG_4590.jpeg

The boring one will be thumping away at his keyboard calculating stuff for his stinking pie chart as we speak. Hopefully having to include 'everything' keeps him fighting his slavers for the next month as he compiles it.

Thank you.