All things Dundee FC

I've heard Charlie Reilly is very very good and once he eventually stays fit will be one of our main players. He has struggled for the difference between part time and full time but once firing he will be dangerous. I think it was Hearts we beat to him but I know that recently a recent relegated EPL team have been monitoring him. 

2 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

I've heard Charlie Reilly is very very good and once he eventually stays fit will be one of our main players. He has struggled for the difference between part time and full time but once firing he will be dangerous. I think it was Hearts we beat to him but I know that recently a recent relegated EPL team have been monitoring him. 

Just from wee glimpses of him this season, definitely a baller in there.

He is already one of those players, for me, that when he gets on the ball, I'm anticipating him creating something.

Just now, johnnydun said:

Just from wee glimpses of him this season, definitely a baller in there.

He is already one of those players, for me, that when he gets on the ball, I'm anticipating him creating something.

Yes won the free kick for the County goal and created the Beck goal. He is still a bit rusty but with even with the very few times we have seen him he has been promising. 3-5-2 wouldn't suit him unless up top with Baka. 4-3-3 would suit us offensively with McCowan, Cameron, Reilly and Costelloe but that would mean the midfield would be weak. Either try get the ball down and use our attacking threats or play anti-football which is impossible to do with poor defenders and weak forward players.

Just now, Big Gus said:

French looked half decent tonight for the Ton.

He's still ours, right?

Yes, I believe his deal runs out at the end of the season. Always liked French, recalling him would be better than our current RB/CH showings.

4 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

Yes won the free kick for the County goal and created the Beck goal. He is still a bit rusty but with even with the very few times we have seen him he has been promising. 3-5-2 wouldn't suit him unless up top with Baka. 4-3-3 would suit us offensively with McCowan, Cameron, Reilly and Costelloe but that would mean the midfield would be weak. Either try get the ball down and use our attacking threats or play anti-football which is impossible to do with poor defenders and weak forward players.

Dunno like, you could probably have a 4-3-1-2 with a midfield of Cameron, Boateng & McCowan with Reilly sitting in front of them with Mellon and Bakayoko up top.

Just now, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

I'm in my forties and sit in the Main Stand, so I couldn't tell you. 

Enjoy your Cup tie this weekend, oh wait... 😝

Should know better than to post pish on here then. IMO.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Should know better than to post pish on here then. IMO.

Thank you.

Ach, I went up to Dens and suffered the 4-0 defeat, well the first three goals actually. Surely I can come on here to gloat and troll a bit? 😉

In all seriousness, I think the game would have gone your way if Beck took that opportunity when he was through on goal. You're a good side, but you've caught us when we appear to have found our start-of-the-season form again. Look what we did to Hibs last Saturday! 😍

1 minute ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

Ach, I went up to Dens and suffered the 4-0 defeat, well the first three goals actually. Surely I can come on here to gloat and troll a bit? 😉

In all seriousness, I think the game would have gone your way if Beck took that opportunity when he was through on goal. You're a good side, but you've caught us when we appear to have found our start-of-the-season form again. Look what we did to Hibs last Saturday! 😍

Yeah, you've got a good side there, all the best, also, I celebrated like f**k when you beat the DAB's on pens.

Thank you.

14 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Dunno like, you could probably have a 4-3-1-2 with a midfield of Cameron, Boateng & McCowan with Reilly sitting in front of them with Mellon and Bakayoko up top.

18 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I am a big Fin Robertson fan and I think he deserves a chance and he would allow McCowan to push more forward. Sylla the same in your 4-3-1-2 formation would provide something to the team. 

McCracken

McGhee     Astley   Portales         Beck

Robertson      Boateng     McCowan

Cameron

Reilly                      Mellon

4 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

I am a big Fin Robertson fan and I think he deserves a chance and he would allow McCowan to push more forward. Sylla the same in your 4-3-1-2 formation would provide something to the team. 

McCracken

McGhee     Astley   Portales         Beck

Robertson      Boateng     McCowan

Cameron

Reilly                      Mellon

That right side looks very weak imo.

Swap Astley out for Shaughnessy and well... the RB position in general is an issue imo.