All things Dundee FC

57 minutes ago, The Master said:

United getting two home derbies yet again is ridiculous.

I always preferred derbies at Tannadice. We seemed to have a better record there through the 80s and 90s, plus winning there was always that wee bit more satisfying. I think i went 14 years without seeing us win one at Dens 😂

1 minute ago, Sheas_cake said:

I always preferred derbies at Tannadice. We seemed to have a better record there through the 80s and 90s, plus winning there was always that wee bit more satisfying. I think i went 14 years without seeing us win one at Dens 😂

It's just as well you prefer derbies at Tannadice seeing as we get so f*****g many of them! 

1 hour ago, derrybiy said:

I'd prefer the team to be a few games into the league before a derby but bring it on.

Not for me. 

Play our starting 11 or nearest to it in the cup games and iron out any areas of worry - friendlies are for the chopping and changing. Sick of getting put out the early stages. That's priority number one ahead of the league campaign.

That should be enough prep to get ourselves ready for the opening day. We have 5/6 players starting most likely who have played the majority of last season with the midfield most likely consisting of McCowan, Cameron and Sylla at this moment in time.

Turn up and beat the DABs who will be the new squad trying to gel in a league above. 

As for the fixtures a big Hearts following for the second match at Dens with a half 5 kick off followed by Easter Road on a Saturday afternoon. Good games to start and refreshingly no shite like Livi to put a dampner on things.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

3 hours ago, Girth said:

Be nice to visit a local championship ground on the first day of the season. 

An easy win which will allow us to build up confidence. 

Thank you. 

It’s been so long - anyone got directions to this dump? Do they sell pies etc?

12 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Banging on about long since dead Monarchs, veneration of the Royals, celebrating events from hunners of years ago etc etc

Joking apart, every Georgian player I’ve seen seems to have good close control and they tend to be hardy  fuckers. Surely we have connection there, I’d take a punt on a recommendation from Georgi and Zurab. 

On 23/06/2024 at 18:12, peebles_Dee said:

Another Championship loan 

A league two striker

Scandinavian player 

Fraser Taylor (which I don’t think is true or might be someone else)

These are players we are apparently  showing interested in but aren’t as definite as the signings of Friday.

The championship loan is Jaden Warner and the Scandinavian is Galvez. The league 2 player could happen but there wasn’t anything any interest in Fraser Taylor from St Mirren.

46 minutes ago, wearedarkblue87 said:

Take it you have no idea if any are close to signing?

No I don’t know when or how long until it would be confirmed. Loans sometimes take long to get over the line if they are close to first team football as Norwich may need backup before allowing Warner to go out on loan. Warner has played twice for Norwich this season and they seem to like him as a player but I reckon he needs another loan.

8 hours ago, The Master said:

United getting two home derbies yet again is ridiculous.

If I was Nelms I’d be asking why the derby is on the first day of the season when United are unfurling the Championship flag when there has never been (as far as I believe) an old firm match first game of the season when Rangers or Celtic are unfurling the flag.  Maybe get the league to commit in writing why they have avoided this scenario with the old firm. 

Also, do they alternate each season which one of the old firm teams is at home for the first meeting of the season?  If so, why are other teams involved in derbies not given this simple courtesy?

4 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

If I was Nelms I’d be asking why the derby is on the first day of the season when United are unfurling the Championship flag when there has never been (as far as I believe) an old firm match first game of the season when Rangers or Celtic are unfurling the flag.  Maybe get the league to commit in writing why they have avoided this scenario with the old firm. 

Also, do they alternate each season which one of the old firm teams is at home for the first meeting of the season?  If so, why are other teams involved in derbies not given this simple courtesy?

Good valid points, we all know the reason why though, the clowns in charge are incompetent spineless b*****ds. The stats on the guaranteed homes games for the Dundee derby is a disgrace on it's own.

1 minute ago, D TOTAL said:

Have I missed anything, have we broke ground on nou campy or we still in planning stage as of yet?

Nothing will happen because of Dundee city council fuckwit incompetence. IMO.

25 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Have I missed anything, have we broke ground on nou campy or we still in planning stage as of yet?

The next stage to get passed by the council is in August I think. The NCR building that was until recently a listed building has been knocked down for about a month now. Small steps I presume. 

Ryan Jack would be a great signing. He can play both sides of midfield and in the centre. I still don’t understand Burnley’s influence on the squad. If we have Sylla, Jack, Cameron, Robertson, McCowan, Anderson and Mulligan that is a great balance in midfield as they would all suit different types of games. Mulligan I’d like to see tried further up the pitch at RWB.

I would have thought they would buy players for us that they want in the future. We are going to have the youngest starting 11 again I reckon but our signings are either experienced proven SPFL players or young loans from Liverpool and other Championship teams. 

I hope we don’t pay too much for Simon Murray. I think he would do good for us but wouldn’t score as many for us as he would for County. He wouldn’t work with Palmer well either as both would make the same runs. If we bring him in we need another to challenge him who is a different style of striker. Flo Kamberi would be my choice.