All things Dundee FC

4 minutes ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

He's not particularly good in the air. Things didn't work out for him at Dens but tbf the boy always gave 100%. I think he's a half decent poacher in the Championship but if you're looking for a link up player he's not your man

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

He can finish the ball and run around a lot but he often lacks the absolute basics of touch, control, movement, hold up etc.

Cheers. In terms of another body up front alongside Paton or option off the bench he's probably as good as we could've done tbh.

We're not offering Rodriguez-Gorrin according to the mole on TDBF.

Disappointing that but Doc must have better lined up!

18 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

We're not offering Rodriguez-Gorrin according to the mole on TDBF.

Disappointing that but Doc must have better lined up!

Ryan Jack or Boateng. I though he was class and would have been a very good signing. I wonder why we didn’t sign him as he fitted in perfectly.

2 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

Ryan Jack or Boateng. I though he was class and would have been a very good signing. I wonder why we didn’t sign him as he fitted in perfectly.

Actually I’d get both Ryan Jack and Boateng. Ryan Jack is quality but can’t play on Astro.

2 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

Actually I’d get both Ryan Jack and Boateng. Ryan Jack is quality but can’t play on Astro.

I don't think both is a realistic option with the budget we have. In fact, I'd go as far as saying, I don't think we'll sign either but if it were a choice, Boateng every day of the week even if just a loan deal.

Signing both would be silly when we still need strengthened up front & LB and indeed, need to throw the rest of our wage budget at McCowan after that IMO.

24 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I don't think both is a realistic option with the budget we have. In fact, I'd go as far as saying, I don't think we'll sign either but if it were a choice, Boateng every day of the week even if just a loan deal.

Signing both would be silly when we still need strengthened up front & LB and indeed, need to throw the rest of our wage budget at McCowan after that IMO.

Yes your right tbf. 

26 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

2 hours ago, peebles_Dee said:

I wouldn’t want Jack unless it was a pay as you play deal, which of course is a non starter. Can be a very good player but he’s had a lot of injuries but the real reason I don’t want him is he absolutely honks of hųn. 

17 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I wouldn’t want Jack unless it was a pay as you play deal, which of course is a non starter. Can be a very good player but he’s had a lot of injuries but the real reason I don’t want him is he absolutely honks of hųn. 

If Docs been scared off of Gorrin because of his injury record there’s no way I see us sanctioning a wage on Jack who might literally play half a dozen times through the season.

We really need to be throwing the money at one of Cameron or McCowan so we don’t lose both on the cheap 

25 minutes ago, Beardy23 said:

he'd be right at home with you dirty staunch fuckers

I can understand, Dundee Hibernian and all that, but we’re not interested in all that shite. 

Thank you. 

Kevin Thomson had massive injury issues and was hugely staunch yet he was a class act at Dens.

When you're signing a brute that's staunch something about it doesn't hit the same way.

10 hours ago, Beardy23 said:

he'd be right at home with you dirty staunch fuckers

One thing of many that I'm proud of with our derby is that none of that nonsense takes place 

Best city in the country ours 

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Kevin Thomson had massive injury issues and was hugely staunch yet he was a class act at Dens.

When you're signing a brute that's staunch something about it doesn't hit the same way.

100% correct. 

I couldn't give a shite if a player had Rangers tattoos over his pus and had a season ticket for them if he performed week in week out at Dens. 

Having said that, it's a no from me on Jack. Not the age and profile we need to prosper IMO.

Not going today but looking for full strength side (whatever that is) and three points. Sick of getting put out the cup early and it being the norm. We should be beating every diddy in this group comfortably en route to the Derby. 

A few goals spread around the strikers would be nice. At the moment my strongest 11 (taking into account injuries)  looks like:

McCracken 

Ingram McGhee Portales Astley Mulligan

McCowan Sylla Cameron 

P-H  Murray

Ideally for me you'd have a solid CM beside Sylla with McCowan allowed to roam about. Mulligan offers more than Robertson at LWB ( obviously a position we need to improve). Haven't seen enough of Graham to see if he can play wingback. 

Thank you. 

Edited by Dundee-FC92

28 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

I couldn't give a shite if a player had Rangers tattoos over his pus and had a season ticket for them if he performed week in week out at Dens. 

Having said that, it's a no from me on Jack. Not the age and profile we need to prosper IMO.

Not going today but looking for full strength side (whatever that is) and three points. Sick of getting put out the cup early and it being the norm. We should be beating every diddy in this group comfortably en route to the Derby. 

A few goals spread around the strikers would be nice. At the moment my strongest 11 (taking into account injuries)  looks like:

McCracken 

Ingram McGhee Portales Astley Mulligan

McCowan Sylla Cameron 

P-H  Murray

Ideally for me you'd have a solid CM beside Sylla with McCowan allowed to roam about. Mulligan offers more than Robertson at LWB ( obviously a position we need to improve). Haven't seen enough of Graham to see if he can play wingback. 

Thank you. 

Agree with that, think Reilly will play lwb, put Mulligan centre mid.